PDA

View Full Version : Club Edgewater VCAT approval

LostDoggy
16-12-2009, 09:10 PM
I'm that excited I have had to post on here as well. As per the club's website VCAT today gave full approval for Club Edgewater, pokies (70), 300 seat funstion rom, 50 room hotel.
As the article says this is fantastic news for our club.
Isn't it great that everything you read about the club nowadays is positive, those dark years are now a distant memory.

BulldogBelle
17-12-2009, 06:25 PM
Fantastic!

Can't wait until it is finnished to check it out.

LostDoggy
18-12-2009, 10:44 PM
Sounds like a good place for Woofers to meet.

Remi Moses
19-12-2009, 03:07 AM
I'm that excited I have had to post on here as well. As per the club's website VCAT today gave full approval for Club Edgewater, pokies (70), 300 seat funstion rom, 50 room hotel.
As the article says this is fantastic news for our club.
Isn't it great that everything you read about the club nowadays is positive, those dark years are now a distant memory.

Get busy around spring carnival time

LostDoggy
19-12-2009, 12:33 PM
Get busy around spring carnival time

For an appeal hearing brought by Maribyrnong City Council? Let us hope sanity prevails. Club has already spent well over 1 million dollars in legals on the Edgewater pokies issue.

LostDoggy
19-12-2009, 03:47 PM
Not only do we need sanity to prevail, but i hope it's sanitary as well

dogman
17-11-2010, 03:49 PM
With Campbell Rose announcing, he is leaving the club, just reminded me about this project. I haven't heard anything since and the Club has been quiet about it since the annoucement. Hope it's still happening. Has anyone heard anything?

LostDoggy
16-02-2011, 05:31 PM
Anyone have any news on the Bulldog Hilton.

After attending the Intra Club I was reminiscing about my regular Friday night meal in the Bistro where the kids ate for free.

Its a shame that part of the WO development could not have included a new bistro up on the 2nd or third floor overlooking the Oval toward the City:(.

Bulldog4life
16-02-2011, 06:39 PM
[QUOTE=DoggyStyle;199762]Anyone have any news on the Bulldog Hilton.
QUOTE]

We were told by Cam Rose at the GM that there was a problem with Edgewater Bulldog Hilton with the current developer/builder looking like going belly up. This problem will be rectified according to Cam Rose and it will be Simon Garlick's main objective over the next 6 mths.

LostDoggy
16-02-2011, 07:39 PM
Awesome news, forgot all about this :p

Throughandthrough
16-02-2011, 08:10 PM
Will the new (proposed) Pokies laws strangle this?

SANFL clubs in SA are all sh*tting themselves at the thought.....

BulldogBelle
21-07-2011, 05:19 PM
Bulldogs pokies row heads back to VCAT
BY GRANT REYNOLDS
21 Jul, 2011 10:48 AM

EDGEWATER residents are urging Maribyrnong Council to keep up the fight against the Western Bulldogs’ pokies development.

Despite opposition from the council and residents, the Western Bulldogs in late-2009 won their battle to build Club Edgewater, which will include a 250-seat bistro, sports bar, 70 electronic gaming machines, a cafe, function rooms, 59-room hotel and 295 car spaces.

Victorian Civil and Administrative Tribunal (VCAT) hearings cost the council and ratepayers $825,000.

The approval was conditional on the council approving plans to move pokies from other Bulldogs venues in the area.

That plan has not been approved and the council and the Bulldogs are headed back to VCAT next month.

Residents Against Inappropriate Development in Maribyrnong (RAIDiM) have distributed more than 1800 flyers to residents which state: ‘‘The Bulldogs cannot comply with the VCAT conditions, so we still have a good chance of stopping this development.’’

RAIDiM spokesman Enzo DeFazio said it was heartening to see the council continue its stance against more gaming machines in Maribyrnong. ‘‘We want the council to remain committed as it has been since 2008 [in stopping this development]’’.

Residents of Maribyrnong spent more than $4.5million on electronic gaming machines in March, a $100,000 increase compared to spending in March last year.

A Bulldogs spokesman said in a statement: ‘‘The Edgewater developer has received a planning permit issued by VCAT, which includes a wide range of conditions which will be met. Maribyrnong Council and the developer have a scheduled VCAT hearing on a point of an administrative clarification in relation to this pre-existing and already approved planning permit.

‘‘Significant community consultation was part of the process in securing the planning permit.’’

Council sustainable development general manager Nigel Higgins said the council’s position on the proposal remained unchanged.

The council will also object to the application for liquor licensing on August 19.

‘‘Council advised the applicant in February 2011 that the electronic gaming machine relocation plan submitted did not satisfy condition 5 in the planning permit,’’ Mr Higgins said.

http://www.maribyrnongweekly.com.au/news/local/news/general/bulldogs-pokies-row-heads-back-to-vcat/2233739.aspx

Drunken Bum
21-07-2011, 06:20 PM
Victorian Civil and Administrative Tribunal (VCAT) hearings cost the council and ratepayers $825,000.

I would be absolutely livid if that was my council

BulldogBelle
21-07-2011, 06:26 PM
l think that council hates our guts and loves to flush the hard earned down the dunny!

ReLoad
21-07-2011, 07:50 PM
If they showed as much commitment and passion for our football club instead of trying to sabotage it then we would be much better off.

After all 825,000 West Footscray roubles would have paid for some pretty fancy new sports science equipment, maybe even a Callan Ward?

LostDoggy
21-07-2011, 08:29 PM
If the minority residents against the plan object over and over again, why cant the residents who are NOT, against it object to THEIR council wasting so much Of THEIR money.

Axe Man
31-08-2011, 01:33 PM
With all the doom and gloom at the moment at least this development looks like it is another step closer:

Bulldogs, council settle pokies relocation

THE long and costly saga over the Western Bulldogs' gaming venue at Edgewater is all but finished after the Victorian Civil and Administrative Tribunal approved a final condition of the planning permit.

http://www.maribyrnongweekly.com.au/news/local/news/general/bulldogs-council-settle-pokies-relocation/2276173.aspx?storypage=0

Greystache
31-08-2011, 02:30 PM
Great news.

BulldogBelle
31-08-2011, 03:59 PM
Well that was $825,000 well spent by the council. Fools!

LostDoggy
31-08-2011, 04:07 PM
I was at a Bulldogs function 2 weeks ago and we were told on the day of the function the final approval had been given that day and they hoped to have a fence around the block within 2 weeks. Thank god, some great news instead of all the doom and gloom.

Maddog37
31-08-2011, 05:21 PM
Off field still chugging along ok in some sense. Will be interesting to see how the books look at the end of the year............

The Adelaide Connection
26-02-2013, 12:30 AM
On the back of the Bulldogs equalization proposals it got me thinking, what is the status of this?

Have we been waiting 5 years now?

Eastdog
12-09-2013, 03:31 PM
On the back of the Bulldogs equalization proposals it got me thinking, what is the status of this?

Have we been waiting 5 years now?

I'm wondering about Edgewater as well. I've read a bit about the Edgewater estate and it certainly is becoming a lucrative place to buy in. You have Highpoint, Melbourne Showgrounds, Victoria University, Flemington Racecourse and of course the Whitten Oval all just a few minutes away.

bornadog
28-11-2013, 03:29 PM
From Financial Report:

The Club’s Edgewater Development has faced a range of challenges in 2013. The Club is pleased to have resolved a range of difficult issues this year, as a result of which the construction phase has been substantially de risked for the Club. Construction continues on the site and the Club expects that the project will be completed in time for season 2015. This important venture will provide members with a contemporary and vibrant social venue that will feature top notch dining, entertainment, gaming, conference and accommodation facilities.

always right
29-11-2013, 05:23 PM
Just posted on website and emailed to members.

http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/news/2013-11-29/green-light-for-edgewater

bornadog
29-11-2013, 06:02 PM
Just posted on website and emailed to members.

http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/news/2013-11-29/green-light-for-edgewater

Great News, great facilities and more income for the club.

SonofScray
29-11-2013, 07:03 PM
It seems like good news, but I get the impression this was almost a complete catastrophe for us. Appreciate the Club being as open as they can be given the confidentiality agreements etc in place, but the tone of the communication is significantly less buoyant than when the project was announced.

I'm looking forward to having a social venue again and will utilise the facility for away games etc, without doubt. I miss family birthdays at the bistro, trivia etc.

Cyberdoggie
03-12-2013, 11:54 AM
Peter Gordon mentioned last night at the Social Club event that some of the bigger clubs are making somewhere near 10mil a year from revenue, and we have been losing significant money in penalty rates due to our previous agreement and our inability to host the pokies at Whitten Oval since the redevelopment. This Edgewater development will go a long way to improving our financial position, as well as giving us a forum for social club events etc.

I loathe the fact that we have to venture into the pokies again/still but it seems a necessary evil for us to remain competitive.

Mofra
03-12-2013, 01:43 PM
It seems like good news, but I get the impression this was almost a complete catastrophe for us. Appreciate the Club being as open as they can be given the confidentiality agreements etc in place, but the tone of the communication is significantly less buoyant than when the project was announced.
Considerign the latest announcement speaks of a $30m venture and the initial documents speak of a $25m development, I'm not surprised.

SonofScray
03-12-2013, 05:22 PM
Considerign the latest announcement speaks of a $30m venture and the initial documents speak of a $25m development, I'm not surprised.

It is a huge project. The discussion last night shed quite a bit more light on it, with Peter mentioning that most people would not have realised just how much strife the Club was in at the end of last year.

The silver lining I suppose is that the Club has got through it and has the opportunity to turn it into a strong revenue stream for the future, which while the gaming scenario is something I am passionately opposed to, it is something I can appreciate has to happen in the current landscape. I hope the bit of breathing space that extra $ flowing into the Club provides ends up being a platform for innovation and revenue creating schemes that more closely align with our values and brand as a Club that supports and represents the local community in the West. Schemes that reduce or eliminate our reliance or desire to tap into pokie revenue.

The President was glowing in his praise of Garlick's efforts to get us through that mess to this point.

On a side note. I am really looking forward to having Trivia back at the social club. That was a great event in the old Bistro.

bornadog
03-12-2013, 05:27 PM
Hopefully the venue will have a large enough room to hold many functions such as Season launch, sponsor nights, even B&F so the club can save on hire of those venues and make all the extra revenue for the club.

SonofScray
03-12-2013, 05:35 PM
Hopefully the venue will have a large enough room to hold many functions such as Season launch, sponsor nights, even B&F so the club can save on hire of those venues and make all the extra revenue for the club.

There was a big cheer for that prospect. Someting that is unquestionably ours, for us and benefits us will be a big draw card for the Club and generate a lot of goodwill.

Bulldog4life
06-07-2015, 10:26 PM
Western Bulldogs pokies development to get apartments

A western suburbs council is seeking urgent changes to planning laws that have paved the way for Australia's first residential development above a pokies venue.

Maribyrnong councillors last week reluctantly voted to reverse their February rejection of a late amendment to plans for the development housing the Western Bulldogs' $30 million Edgewater Club, fearing a precedent-setting loss in the Victorian Civil and Administrative Tribunal.

Mayor Nam Quach said the council is seeking an urgent change to toothless planning laws after legal advice showed it was powerless to stop a fifth storey of 12 split-level apartments being added to the project.

He accused developer Prizac Investments of a "cunning" last-minute addition to the development, already under construction.

"It's sneaky, cheeky and takes the community for granted. To sneak this in at the back end puts the council in a very difficult position."

The council, which has waged a campaign against pokies, lost an expensive legal fight against the original Edgewater Club development at 31 Edgewater Drive in 2010.

The club was opposed by more than 2500 residents, but VCAT set aside the council's refusal of a four-storey building housing a sports bar, bistro, café, function space, 50 hotel rooms and a gaming lounge with 70 gaming machines.

Plans lodged last year to reduce the number of hotel rooms to 38 while adding 12 apartments were rejected by the council and are due to be considered by VCAT.

Cr Quach said the council was concerned fighting the last-minute addition in VCAT could create a precedent that would open the floodgates for similar developments across the state.

"It puts all communities in a vulnerable position; it's setting a benchmark for disaster."

Western Bulldogs acting chief executive Michael Quinn was quick to distance the club from the residential addition.

"The application has been made by the owner developer Prizac – the Western Bulldogs are not involved with the application."

Fairfax Media contacted Prizac Investments but a man who would not identify himself refused to answer questions and hung up.

Monash University School of Public Health senior lecturer Charles Livingstone the mix of residential dwellings and gaming machines sets an alarming precedent.

"People living in the same building as gaming machines are going to find a unique opportunity for accessibility to gaming, it's a bad idea."

Dr Livingstone said local councils need a stronger role in decision around the placement of pokies, especially in disadvantaged areas.

Maribyrnong Council will write to the Planning Minister seeking urgent changes to the State Planning Policy to prevent electronic gaming machines being located in residential buildings.

The council will also write to the Gaming Minister calling for local government to be granted stronger powers to veto pokies in areas where they were deemed to be likely to have a net detriment to the community.

A government spokeswoman said both ministers will look into the council's concerns.

http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/western-bulldogs-pokies-development-to-get-apartments-20150630-gi1fqz.html

comrade
06-07-2015, 10:45 PM
They have heard of the internet, right?

Every computer, mobile phone and tablet is accessible to gaming.

bulldogtragic
14-08-2015, 05:25 PM
Club statement says we are pulling the pin on Edgewater and will suffer a loss.

#deadwater

bulldogtragic
14-08-2015, 05:26 PM
Over the past five years, the Club has been involved in a project to have a hospitality and gaming facility of its own within the City of Maribyrnong; a project which has become known as Edgewater.

The Club agreed to lease the building once built by the developer Prizac, and to run it as a gaming, restaurant, sports bar and entertainment venue. The financial and construction obligation to construct and complete the building has been at all times wholly the responsibility of Prizac.

Edgewater was intended to provide the Club with sources of diversified revenue.

Unfortunately, during the course of 2015, it has become clear that Prizac would not, and perhaps could not, meet its obligations as to completion of the Edgewater facility.

As a consequence, the Western Bulldogs Football Club has recently terminated the agreement to lease the Edgewater premises upon completion.

While the Club has expended money in acquiring gaming licences and professional fees in connection with the project we are confident of being able to successfully minimise the financial impact of the project not proceeding. This includes the prospect of a successful damages claim against Prizac and the potential value of the gaming licences.

While this is a disappointing outcome we have taken a strong stand in the best interests of our members and stakeholders.

Much of the detail in relation to these issues and the history of Edgewater has been subject to an enduring obligation of confidentiality on the part of the Club as a consequence of an agreement made by the Club in June 2011. Even though that agreement is now terminated, we will not go into further detail, save to make these points;

The Club's viability and liquidity is in no way threatened by the action we have today announced. We believe that taking this action is the prudent and responsible course which best protects the interests of the Club.

The Club has kept senior management of the AFL informed of its thinking and decision-making at all times concerning the Edgewater project since 2011.

If an opportunity arose to continue a similar project with a new developer or owner, we would consider it in good faith.

Peter Gordon
President

Axe Man
14-08-2015, 05:43 PM
Wow. That is so disappointing. I have faith that Gordon and Co have made the best decision here but am bitterly disappointed that a new and solid revenue stream for the club will now not eventuate.

LostDoggy
14-08-2015, 05:55 PM
Ditto, this really does suck.

Templeton31
14-08-2015, 06:11 PM
not good.

SonofScray
14-08-2015, 06:11 PM
Bitterly disappointing outcome but not entirely unforeseen given the way it lurched from one issue to the next.

Sedat
14-08-2015, 06:51 PM
Bulldogs Hilton ended up being more like Bangkok Hilton. So what happens from here with the social club location? And what now happens to the Edgewater venue now that we aren't going to be involved in the completion? What is the financial implication from this disaster, both to now and in the future with regard to projected revenues?

Assuming that future court action is imminent, otherwise there's no excuse for not outlining exactly what has happened to result in the pin being pulled on this.

Hotdog60
14-08-2015, 06:58 PM
Does the new CEO makes the decision to pull the pin or the President?
If the CEO maybe he saw it being a flawed venture and has other alternatives up his sleeve.
A bit disappointing after battling for 5 years though.

bulldogtragic
14-08-2015, 07:16 PM
Bulldogs Hilton ended up being more like Bangkok Hilton. So what happens from here with the social club location? And what now happens to the Edgewater venue now that we aren't going to be involved in the completion? What is the financial implication from this disaster, both to now and in the future with regard to projected revenues?

Assuming that future court action is imminent, otherwise there's no excuse for not outlining exactly what has happened to result in the pin being pulled on this.

From memory future revenues were factored into the profit forecasting that underpinned projected surpluses annually. With this gone, and a big hole of cash invested in this we may have to go back to the AFL with cap in hand. When Bonds defaulted on their sponsorship investment we did nothing about it, despite having legal grounds to go them. They rebounded and see, to be doing ok now. I wouldn't be thinking a long drawn out legal battle is necessarily in our interest financially or PR.

Edgewater gone, social club unknown, Ballarat redevelopment looking shaky by the government... Our new CEO has some seriously big decisions to get right, right now.

Remi Moses
14-08-2015, 08:33 PM
Is it really viable having a social club in the Footscray region ? Probably more viable having social clubs and pokies( feel dirty advocating them) in areas where our fan base is .
Hopefully the club doesn't cop a huge hit with this .

boydogs
15-08-2015, 12:18 AM
Does the new CEO makes the decision to pull the pin or the President?
If the CEO maybe he saw it being a flawed venture and has other alternatives up his sleeve.
A bit disappointing after battling for 5 years though.

This was my first thought, I think he just started last week

Go_Dogs
15-08-2015, 08:57 AM
To be honest, I am not completely across the intricacies of the Edgewater project, insofar as what we have invested and how the revenue forecasts have been (or not) incorporated into our growth model for the next 5+ years. I was however (at first blush) very surprised to read that we:-

1) Didn't think we would suffer any significant impact of the project not going ahead; and
2) Stated there would strong prospects of recovery against Prizac (notwithstanding there appears to be significant amount of work done previously, perhaps by way of deed's of settlement and release, noting the statement went on to highlight the confidentiality clauses which I would suspect are by-products of any deeds) who on the face of it, appear unable to proceed due to financial reasons.

The capital investment, associated holding costs and other expenses would not be insignificant.

We had been very confident this project was a key to turning around out off-field business and presumably had based a lot of our strategic planning around it. It appears the writing has been on the wall for sometime, and hopefully this means we have got our next few moves mapped out and we can move quickly to remove the financial burden.

In any event, I think this is the worst news we've had in the last 12 months, and that period includes a lot of bad news.

Wait and see I guess...

Avoid the rush
15-08-2015, 09:40 AM
What do people think this does to Campbell Rose's legacy??? Seems most of what he instituted has turned to crap!!

bornadog
15-08-2015, 01:36 PM
What do people think this does to Campbell Rose's legacy??? Seems most of what he instituted has turned to crap!!

What else has ?

Doc26
15-08-2015, 01:51 PM

What rubbish. Spearheaded the development of our Elite Learning Centre, instrumental in gaining the multi-million dollar federal government grant, kick-started funding to transform the Whitten Oval precinct, oversaw 5 years of consecutive profit and lead a positive $35m+ turnaround in our balance sheet, membership base of 21k to 35k by 2010 which is largely where it remains today, all during a period of having 3 consecutive top 4 finishes.

bulldogtragic
15-08-2015, 07:04 PM

Says more about his successor who was actually responsible for following through on what was a great idea. That successor saw Ward poached against rules and compo under what Melbourne got. A continued bad deal with Etihad and TV and generally treated water and oversaw the club captain walk out and senior coach sacked. Rose did a lot of good as a contrast.

Prince Imperial
15-08-2015, 09:04 PM
At his last AGM (in early 2011), Rose spoke about the financial problems of the developer as the reason for Edgewater being delayed. Without knowing any more details, I don't think it's fair or reasonable to be blaming Garlick for this failure.

Entering into the partnership with Prizac and purchasing $3m of gaming entitlements all occurred prior to Garlick being our CEO.

Remi Moses
15-08-2015, 09:35 PM
It's futile playing the blame game as we need to make the best out of a crappy situation

Avoid the rush
15-08-2015, 09:39 PM
What rubbish. Spearheaded the development of our Elite Learning Centre, instrumental in gaining the multi-million dollar federal government grant, kick-started funding to transform the Whitten Oval precinct, oversaw 5 years of consecutive profit and lead a positive $35m+ turnaround in our balance sheet, membership base of 21k to 35k by 2010 which is largely where it remains today, all during a period of having 3 consecutive top 4 finishes.

Didn't see him have a kick so I don't give him any credit for making the finals 3 years in a row. Reckon the 3 top 4 finishes also may have been the reason for membership jump and profit. Elite learning centre is great as is lots about the new Whitten Oval, but thank Christ we abandoned the 'affordable housing' precinct!!! And seriously.....$35 million turnaround....Seriously!!!

Eastdog
15-08-2015, 10:05 PM
How is the Peninsula Club doing for us down in Dromana. I reckon the Mulgrave Country club could be a good social venue especially for our fans who live out east. This would give us a bit more of footy hold across town along with Peninsula Club as mentioned and the efforts of the East West Club.

Doc26
16-08-2015, 12:21 AM

Didn't see him have a kick so I don't give him any credit for making the finals 3 years in a row. Reckon the 3 top 4 finishes also may have been the reason for membership jump and profit. Elite learning centre is great as is lots about the new Whitten Oval, but thank Christ we abandoned the 'affordable housing' precinct!!! And seriously.....$35 million turnaround....Seriously!!!

The points you mention simply don't happen by chance or solely from one area. As CEO they are there to lead and to instill the right culture to succeed, to ensure all parts of the wheel are functioning, bringing in the right staff to make a difference across all facets of the Club, setting the right direction, to make sound business decisions and to generally enhance our position. Sure he may not have had kicks or kicked a bag of goals on game day but then neither has Simon Dalrymple, Jason McCartney, Susan Alberti etc. Why shouldn't he get a level of credit for the broader successes the Club experienced at the time ?

And he has often been credited with the significant turnaround in our financial position through this period.

David Smorgon had a similar and glowing sentiment of Campbell's contribution which you obviously fail to appreciate, which is your prerogative.

“Campbell has done a phenomenal job,” Bulldogs president David Smorgon said.
“We have been fortunate to have had his services since August 2002 and beyond a shadow of a doubt, Cam is leaving this club in a significantly better state than when he first arrived.
“He has left an indelible mark with eight-plus years of hard work that has positioned our club for a very bright future. Our club owes him a significant debt of gratitude.”

Smorgon said Rose had ''strong attributes'' to be a board member and that Rose's contribution to the club was equal to its only premiership coach, Charlie Sutton. ''Campbell's impact on this club over the last eight years is equal to the impact that Charlie Sutton had when he led the team to the '54 premiership … every criteria is on the up.''
The club had been ''down and out'' when Rose joined, Smorgon said.

And the commonly published theme from media outlets at the time of Campbell's departure

Rose has made a name for himself in the West for transforming the cash-strapped club into one that has enjoyed five consecutive years of profit with a $38 million turnaround on the balance sheet.
During his tenure the club has also saw the $30 million redevelopment of Whitten Oval, its highest membership ever and growing crowd attendances.

jeemak
16-08-2015, 01:39 AM
This isn't a car accident where the culprit or party at fault passed away and we need to start pointing fingers because there's nobody alive to blame.

It would be my guess that on the balance of information at hand the club thought to a certain point the developer was capable of delivering the project in the face of some hurdles, and after that point being deemed incapable of doing so pulled the pin.

If the message from the club is that it's had protections in place to recover the risk then we should wait and see what comes out in the wash.

We're a club that has had to be governed exceptionally well for a long period of time to remain viable (Rose, Smorgon, Garlick, Gordon included). I find it hard under these circumstances to believe a project like this would have been managed without appropriate protections being put in place, and contingencies planned.

The people running our club aren't stupid, even whilst they've been of varying talent over the past fifteen years.

bornadog
16-08-2015, 12:59 PM
This isn't a car accident where the culprit or party at fault passed away and we need to start pointing fingers because there's nobody alive to blame.

It would be my guess that on the balance of information at hand the club thought to a certain point the developer was capable of delivering the project in the face of some hurdles, and after that point being deemed incapable of doing so pulled the pin.

If the message from the club is that it's had protections in place to recover the risk then we should wait and see what comes out in the wash.

We're a club that has had to be governed exceptionally well for a long period of time to remain viable (Rose, Smorgon, Garlick, Gordon included). I find it hard under these circumstances to believe a project like this would have been managed without appropriate protections being put in place, and contingencies planned.

The people running our club aren't stupid, even whilst they've been of varying talent over the past fifteen years.

You are so logical (and spot on)

Bulldog4life
21-08-2015, 07:56 PM
How is the Peninsula Club doing for us down in Dromana. I reckon the Mulgrave Country club could be a good social venue especially for our fans who live out east. This would give us a bit more of footy hold across town along with Peninsula Club as mentioned and the efforts of the East West Club.

I have been there a number of times
The disappointing thing this year is that after advertising a player's function in August earlier this year it never happened
It happened in Ballarat instead
I rang the Club to get an explanation although I knew what the answer would be with our new Ballarat connection
I left my number for the Events person to ring me back over 2 weeks ago and I am still waiting

Eastdog
21-08-2015, 08:41 PM
I have been there a number of times
The disappointing thing this year is that after advertising a player's function in August earlier this year it never happened
It happened in Ballarat instead
I rang the Club to get an explanation although I knew what the answer would be with our new Ballarat connection
I left my number for the Events person to ring me back over 2 weeks ago and I am still waiting

Yes there wasn't any mention this year of an Inside the Kennel at the Peninsula Club as I know last year there was and I think you B4L went along and reported back.

Bulldog4life
24-08-2015, 12:18 AM
Yes there wasn't any mention this year of an Inside the Kennel at the Peninsula Club as I know last year there was and I think you B4L went along and reported back.

Oh but there was Eastie it was going to be in August this year
It was announced earlier in the year there was going to be a Bulldogs night but it was cancelled with no reason given