PDA

View Full Version : Rodan faces knee reco after training injury

The Coon Dog
16-12-2009, 10:23 PM
http://mm.afl.com.au/Portals/0/images/AFL/AFL%20A-E/AFL_Power_Blow_246a.jpg

PORT Adelaide midfielder David Rodan is likely to miss the entire 2010 season after rupturing the anterior cruciate ligament in his left knee at training on Wednesday morning.

Rodan, 26, had scans on his knee in the afternoon that confirmed he would need a full knee reconstruction.

"The whole club is extremely disappointed for David and his family," the club's football operations manager, Peter Rohde, said.

Article in full... (PORT Adelaide midfielder David Rodan is likely to miss the entire 2010 season after rupturing the anterior cruciate ligament in his left knee at training on Wednesday morning. Rodan, 26, had scans on his knee in the afternoon that confirmed he would need a full knee reconstruction. "The whole club is extremely disappointed for David and his family," the club's football operations manager, Peter Rohde, said.)

The Bulldogs Bite
16-12-2009, 10:26 PM
Massive blow.

He's a little inconsistent at times, but he's been a very good pick-up for them and considering their lack of quality this is going to hurt.

It's cruel luck too after already doing a knee when he was at Richmond.

Not going to be an easy recovery but hopefully he returns as well as he did last time.

AndrewP6
16-12-2009, 11:13 PM
Heard this on tonight's news... terrible luck... he's been a good pick up for Port. Good luck to him in his recovery.

Sockeye Salmon
16-12-2009, 11:31 PM
Bad timing for him as well. I think he got dropped at one stage last year, this has the potential to kill his career.

chef
17-12-2009, 06:47 AM
He may end up following Malceski and getting a quick fix done.

Go_Dogs
17-12-2009, 09:24 AM
Bad timing for him as well. I think he got dropped at one stage last year, this has the potential to kill his career.

Yeah, a couple of times. I still think he is a valuable player for them, but given the young nature of their list 12 months off is definitely the last thing Rodan needs. Wish him all the best in his recovery.

Mofra
17-12-2009, 09:33 AM
Bad luck for Rodan - he's a good guy too by all accounts. A couple of years back I was chatting to his best mate, who was strangely a Port fan living in Melbourne. He makes the effort to catch up with his old mates & never developed the big head some AFL players do.

Ozza
17-12-2009, 10:09 AM
Rodan is my age - and went through school/played at Calder with some of my good mates. They all can't speak highly enough about him. Disappointing that he has suffered another setback.

alwaysadog
17-12-2009, 10:39 AM
The goal he kicked against us in Darwin was pure magic. Apart from that he doesn't seem to have a lot of luck, but tries to get the best out of what he's got. Hope he gets over this set back.

LostDoggy
17-12-2009, 12:30 PM
Poor bugger. :(

LostDoggy
17-12-2009, 12:59 PM
I always thought he was a decent player. Hope he recovers well and comes back and has a strong 2011.

Sockeye Salmon
17-12-2009, 06:37 PM
The goal he kicked against us in Darwin was pure magic. Apart from that he doesn't seem to have a lot of luck, but tries to get the best out of what he's got. Hope he gets over this set back.

Except for the bit about it being up the wrong end.

LostDoggy
17-12-2009, 07:47 PM
Except for the bit about it being up the wrong end.
AAD is talking about the one this season
You are talking about the one in the 2008 season

Bulldog Revolution
18-12-2009, 08:25 AM

They were both special goals for different reasons

A lot to admire about Rodan the person. Hopefully he has a speedy recovery

alwaysadog
18-12-2009, 10:07 AM

Thanks Ernie, you're spot on, I had completely forgotten the 2008 one. This year's goal was a great effort when his side were getting killed.

Bulldog Revolution
18-12-2009, 11:09 AM
http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/88299/default.aspx

The Bulldogs Bite
18-12-2009, 04:46 PM
Interesting.

They label Malceski's operation as a success which it was, but he's been pretty average since his return. He's played one and a half seasons now.

I rememebr in the '06 Grand Final, Malceski really started to come of age after a solid season. I thought he'd become a Gilbee type but the injury really set him back and he's struggled to hold his spot in the Swans lineup since.

Hopefully Rodan has better luck with it.

Happy Days
19-12-2009, 12:29 AM
Interesting.

They label Malceski's operation as a success which it was, but he's been pretty average since his return. He's played one and a half seasons now.

I rememebr in the '06 Grand Final, Malceski really started to come of age after a solid season. I thought he'd become a Gilbee type but the injury really set him back and he's struggled to hold his spot in the Swans lineup since.

Hopefully Rodan has better luck with it.

The other week I played cricket against a bloke who had this proceedure done, said there was a constant pain, albeit not a bad one, in his knee since the operation, and he hadn't regained full function of it.

Is it any less detremental to Rodan's career to sit out a year than it would be to have this proceedure done and produce the sort of form Malceski has displayed? If he's worried about his spot on the list, then playing sub-standard footy on a bad wheel in constant pain isn't the way to maintain it.