PDA

View Full Version : Something interesting in the H/S

chef
21-12-2009, 11:15 AM
'Members have ensured there will be two Barry Hall's prominent at the Bulldogs next season with the re-election last week of the clubs long-time board member with the famous moniker.
Hall and Ian Veal were re-elected as well as new member Geoff Walsh, the former journo who became key adviser to Prime Ministers Bob Hawke and Paul Keating and Victorian Premiers Steve Bracks and John Brumby.
Walsh is public affairs director at BHP Billiton, so don't be surprised if it starts to play a role at the once impoverished club.'

Twodogs
21-12-2009, 11:22 AM
Walsh is public affairs director at BHP Billiton, so don't be surprised if it starts to play a role at the once impoverished club.'

I might have to change my opinion of BHP Billiton then...

GVGjr
21-12-2009, 11:26 AM
Hall and Veale have been good members of our board and it's good to have them still keen to contribute. They are often at the Players Sponsors on game day and always provide a good overview of what the club is doing off the field.

aker39
21-12-2009, 01:07 PM
Who has Geoof Walsh replaced on the board.

LostDoggy
21-12-2009, 04:05 PM
Who has Geoof Walsh replaced on the board.
Neil O'Keefe

LostDoggy
21-12-2009, 04:09 PM
I think Neil O'Keefe's primary role ws to get the Bulldog Hilton through.

He has done his job and done it well for the long term benefit of the club

LostDoggy
22-12-2009, 02:31 PM
I think Neil O'Keefe's primary role ws to get the Bulldog Hilton through.

He has done his job and done it well for the long term benefit of the club
I remember now that he was very involved in the "Bulldog Hilton". At the AGM David Smorgan wished him all the best for the future and thanks for his efforts, but didn't make any special mention of his involvement in Edgewater.

alwaysadog
23-12-2009, 09:45 AM
' the once impoverished club.'

There is a nicer ring to this, than the usual slap at us.

Mind you it will be even better when we are debt free and have regular income streams and the journos don't talk about our finances.

Another sign of success is that quality people are willing to join our board.