Bulldog Revolution
02-06-2007, 07:09 PM
VFL reserves

23.14-152 Werribee 10:20 AM Sat 2/Jun

Bartercard Oval
def.
11.11-77 Casey Scorpions
Werribee
Goal Kickers: J. Garth 6, T. Walsh 5, S. Tiller 4, B. Robinson 2, T. Moloney, T. Baird, D. McCormack, J. Sheringham, M. West, B. Stack
Best Players: B. Robinson, J. Sheringham, S. Tiller, C. Penny, S. Wormald, P. Kenelley
Casey Scorpions
Goal Kickers: P. McGrath 2, P. Wischmann 2, R. Wood 2, M. Ferguson, L. Williams, J. Attenborough, J. Galvin, L. Van Rheenen
Best Players: P. McGrath, A. Parker, M. Ferguson, J. Youle, P. Raymond, J. Galvin

VFL Reserves: featuring

Timothy Walsh 26
Damien Mccormack 28
Brennan Stack 33
Stephen Tiller 35
Travis Baird 36
Michael West 47
Paul O'Shea 48

Bulldog Revolution
02-06-2007, 07:14 PM
21.15-141 Werribee 1:10 PM
Sat 2/Jun

Bartercard Oval
def.
10.8-68 Casey Scorpions
Werribee
Goal Kickers: A. McDougall 6, J. Podsiadly 3, J. Barham 3, W. Minson 3, W. Skipper, J. Young, J. Furfaro, N. Batchelor, A. Everitt, J. Hill
Best Players: W. Minson, J. Barham, A. McDougall, M. Pask, A. Everitt, T. Henderson
Casey Scorpions
Goal Kickers: A. Silvagni 2, J. Sweeney 2, D. Biagi, A. McQualter, B. Fraser, B. Scalzo, J. Geary, B. Howard
Best Players: S. Harrison, A. McQualter, R. Eddy, J. Wall, B. Brooks, D. Frost

Featuring Bulldogs:
William Minson 27
Andrejs Everitt 29
Josh Hill 31
Andrew Mcdougall 32
Wayde Skipper 34
Jarrod Harbrow 40
Marty Pask 41
Gavin Hughes 42
Cameron Faulkner 44
Malcolm Lynch 45
Tom Williams 50
Farren Ray 70

GVGjr
02-06-2007, 08:11 PM
I went along to both games are was very happy with a number of the players.
Everitt was very good and seemed to make all the right decisions. Some of his passing was first rate.
Williams had another good hit out and his marking was a real feature. His kicking keeps improving as well.
McDougall didn't play much in the second quarter but did a number of things very well. He must be close for a call up.
Solid 4 quarter effort by Minson and Ray was very damaging.

Walsh and Tiller performed well in the 2nds.

All in all I enjoyed venturing out to the ground.

bornadog
02-06-2007, 11:05 PM
Sounds promising for the future

Go_Dogs
03-06-2007, 10:12 AM
I see Minson kicked 3 goals. Did he play forward much? How about Skipper?

Certainly very pleasing signs to see a lot of our guys kicking goals in both matches and Minson named BOG is impressive, as is having 3 others in the top 5 or 6. Good stuff.

Glad to hear Ray played well too - he'll be back soon, I think he's too good to play too many VFL games these days.

Just thought I'd add too - very pleasing about Walsh. Hopefully he can be playing VFL seniors in a week or 2, very promising. Also great to see Dmac back. Hopefully he can get himself back to where he was prior to injury as I think he could play a role for us as the season moves on. I saw him just ahead of Addison at the start of the year.

Mofra
03-06-2007, 12:07 PM
I see Minson kicked 3 goals. Did he play forward much? How about Skipper?
Minson played ruck but ran hard to provide an option. Missed a sitter and was awarded a goal for a "line ball" decision. Street needs to play well to keep his spot. Minson was probably BOG but unlike the reports I thought Everitt was a close second. Skipper played well, took a few marks.

Glad to hear Ray played well too - he'll be back soon, I think he's too good to play too many VFL games these days.
Can certainly find the ball. Harbow was another impressive middie, just a little too classy for VFL.
Another rookie Hughes was very impressive with how easily he works in traffic & finds the ball. His disposal is about Richmond standard so needs to improve, however he could find himself rookied/drafted next year if he continues this sort of play.

Just thought I'd add too - very pleasing about Walsh. Hopefully he can be playing VFL seniors in a week or 2, very promising. Also great to see Dmac back. Hopefully he can get himself back to where he was prior to injury as I think he could play a role for us as the season moves on. I saw him just ahead of Addison at the start of the year.
D-Mac will be a bit more dour & is a long kick than Addison, although DFA has trully overtaken him now. The problem may be that Werribee are a little top heavy as it is, and Tiller, Walsh, West & O'Shea will be fighting for spots.

Playing yesterday as well was Hill, although is a running type, he is tall & can take a grab as well. Is probably the prototype Bulldog of the future, very impressed with his game although he need another pre-season a least.

Go_Dogs
03-06-2007, 12:53 PM
Stack is one who I'm pretty interested in too. He seems to be travelling pretty slowly atm?

Good to hear about Hughes too Morfa. Certainly was a good player for Norwood last year, and I think once he gets himself back to full fitness he'll certainly be one to watch out for.

dog town
03-06-2007, 02:12 PM
When you watch Werribee you are more looking for what role certain players could play in the 1sts rather than who is getting a heap of the ball although its good when players are in the best consistently.

Doogs- would have liked to have seen him get more typical key forward goals but he was very good at ground level and presented well. Probably ready for a run with the dogs.

Everitt- Will be a typical modern day defender perhaps a more athletic Joel Bowden type. Will take alot of marks as the third man up and provide plenty of run from behind the ball. His foot skills are in the Lindsay Gilbee class so he is going to be very effective in his role. Once he is in the side he probably wont be in and out like most young players his size because he will be used in roles where he can pick up easy touches to maximise the use of his foot skills. Playing as a running defender is pretty much the easiest position to play these days but how well he plays it will depend on how he is able to develop his one on one skills. We need him to be someone who can shut his man out and not just someone who is good when we have the footy. He is probably ready to come in to senior calculations right now.

Hill- Smooth moving type isn't he? Long way off just at the moment but showed some good signs. Absolute bird when he is in the air. Needs to work on defensive side of his game and work harder to present.

Lynch- Showed bits of his talent. Like Hill I would suggest he is a fair way off. Just needs to get a bit stronger and improve his work rate. Has stacks of potential.

Minson- Didn't think he was BOG by any means but he was pretty good. Best marking I have seen from him and he pushed forward pretty hard.

Go_Dogs
04-06-2007, 10:36 AM
You have me salivating about Everitt's boot with the Gilbee comparison DT. Perhaps he could play the HBF role and give Griff or McMahon a rest for a week or two to get themselves to 100%.

Twodogs
04-06-2007, 10:55 AM
You have me salivating about Everitt's boot with the Gilbee comparison DT. Perhaps he could play the HBF role and give Griff or McMahon a rest for a week or two to get themselves to 100%.

He's almost the same package as Gilbee offensivly but taller, same kicking skills, same abilty to run to positions to receive the ball. Havent seen enough of his defensive game to tell whether it compares to Gilbee's though.

Mofra
04-06-2007, 07:44 PM
He will probably be more of a Hargrave type player, although I doubt pound for pound anyone could match Shaggy's toughness.

Basically he will be tall in the air, then play as a runner as soon as the ball hits the deck.
Wouldn't be surprised to see him play 22 games next year (+ finals), considering he's apparently added 7-8 kgs already.

GVGjr
04-06-2007, 07:58 PM
He will probably be more of a Hargrave type player, although I doubt pound for pound anyone could match Shaggy's toughness.

Basically he will be tall in the air, then play as a runner as soon as the ball hits the deck.
Wouldn't be surprised to see him play 22 games next year (+ finals), considering he's apparently added 7-8 kgs already.

Everitt is still skinny but he has added a bit of extra weight since we drafted him. Most importantly he has is building some good game time and experience while playing for the Bees. I wouldn't rush him for the sake of it but he will play some senior football this year.

dog town
04-06-2007, 08:29 PM

He is a similar size and athlete to Hargrave but Everitt is a little more classy in terms of the way he uses the ball and not quite as awkward.Probably a bit better in the air as well. Remains to be seen if he is as clever as Hargy or whether he is as competitive.

bornadog
05-06-2007, 08:51 AM
He is a similar size and athlete to Hargrave but Everitt is a little more classy in terms of the way he uses the ball and not quite as awkward.Probably a bit better in the air as well. Remains to be seen if he is as clever as Hargy or whether he is as competitive.

He is still very young and I think we shouldn't rush him in.

Sockeye Salmon
05-06-2007, 11:17 AM
On his performance Saturday Everitt should be the first bloke elevated. I thought his game was terrific (and his timing was pretty good as well considering Wight is playing like he needs some time at the Bees).

The encouraging thing about McDougall's game, besides the obvious 6 goals, was how prepared he was to work when he didn't have the ball - something he hasn't always done. His goals also came in different ways, two came from leading up to the ball carrier, two came from running back towards goal, one was a contested mark and the other was a snap (and a good one, too) - not overly reliant one one tactic. He also gave off a couple.

It was about the best game I've seen Minson play as well. A dozen marks, including two big ones, 34 hitouts, 20 odd touches and three goals. A few frees against (and the obligatory 50m) but he was the most influentual player on the ground by far.

Skipper was OK, but I don't think he did enough to deserve a recall. Some of his ruckwork was fantastic - if he was three inches taller we wouldn't have a ruck problem - his last quarter tap to Faulkner that ended up McDougall's 6th goal was Polly Farmer-like. He doesn't get the ball enough and followed up a good contested mark at the end of the goalsquare by missing from 15m out right in front!

Harbrow was good as well, without being spectacular. He works harder and is more team orientated than I gave him credit for. Next in line if Rocket wants to bring up another runner.

Faulkner, Lynch and Hill didn't do enough overall. Lynch and Hill are still miles away from senior footy. Two great things and then go missing for full quarters ain't gunna cut it. Faulkner was busy but same-old, same-old, not enough of the ball.

Williams was solid. Played on Fergus Watts and shut him out completely. Was reliable overhead and his field kicking and decision making was very good. Probably only finished with a dozen or so touches but that was lots more than Watts.

Hughes spent plenty of time on the bench but showed a bit when he came on. He's only small but goes OK. Reminds me a bit of Matthew Boyd when he started. Like Boyd I wonder if he's got the weapons for AFL but he works hard and has a dip.

Pask was solid as well. Played on Ben Fraser (young but big and physically developed St. Kilda listed player) and gave him a bit of a touchup. Zoned off well and got a bit of the ball without being caught out. Used the ball well, too. I still have some question marks against his name (height and pace) but he'll get a chance at some stage. I'd have him on the list ahead of Tiller or Baird.

Dry Rot
05-06-2007, 11:23 AM
Great report Sockeye. How strong were the opposition?

Sockeye Salmon
05-06-2007, 11:36 AM
Great report Sockeye. How strong were the opposition?

To be perfectly honest, fairly crap. Barry Brooks was in the ruck, so Minson had a decent opponent, and Williams and Pask had AFL listed opponents as well. McDougall played on a kid called Frost and monstered him.

Andrew McQualter played, so did a kid called Brad Howard and Justin Sweeney.

Troy Makepeace played as well. Most of Casey's better players were their VFL players.

*Just realised Ben Fraser isn't on the St. Kilda list (that would explain why he's so physically developed, he's probably about 25).

Also realised I forget to mention Farren Ray. Got a bit of the ball but was let down by disposal. Didn't do enough to earn a recall IMO. Just your average game.

Dry Rot
05-06-2007, 11:50 AM
So to be fair, it's a bit difficult to gauge many of these performances.

Are the potential ins and outs from this game Minson for Darcy, McDougall for Hahn and Everritt for Wight?

Sockeye Salmon
05-06-2007, 03:13 PM
Murphy for Robbins.

I would drop Power rather than Hahn, but Mitch was crap, too.

Bulldog Revolution
05-06-2007, 09:49 PM

I think you are underestimating Hargraves skill by foot - I thought it was another superb goal he kicked against the Blues and I thought his field kicking particularly when going in board into the centre square was precise, as usual

dog town
05-06-2007, 10:11 PM
I think you are underestimating Hargraves skill by foot - I thought it was another superb goal he kicked against the Blues and I thought his field kicking particularly when going in board into the centre square was precise, as usualCertainly not saying Hargy is a poor kick but they are in a different class from the little I have seen of Everitt. I think Hargy is an underrated kick especially in terms of depth but I think Everitt has superior foot skills from what I have seen.