PDA

View Full Version : Nathan Eagleton injured

aker39
22-01-2010, 05:50 PM
Just reported on SEN.

More to follow shortly

comrade
22-01-2010, 05:51 PM
There was no mention of it in Swoop's report so it must have happened outside of training, perhaps?

Hopefully it's nothing major.

divvydan
22-01-2010, 05:52 PM
Strange, didn't notice anything, he was running in the secondary group at the end so don't know when it could've happened.

aker39
22-01-2010, 05:53 PM
Just said that it may be a knee.

Trying to speak to the club

bulldog
22-01-2010, 05:57 PM
Very surprised to hear this as i went to training and saw nothing hopefully nothing major here.

divvydan
22-01-2010, 07:11 PM
No news from the club itself it seems as yet, sen hosts were saying he's gone for scans and "it may not be good" so I guess we just sit here and wait for news.

G-Mo77
22-01-2010, 11:24 PM
Dam I hope it is not too bad. I think he is a major part in our campaign this year. It would be a huge blow if he is gone for a lengthy period.

Doc26
23-01-2010, 12:40 AM
I heard the same report tonight on Francis and Ox's SEN drive time show re Nathan's knee. It sounded dire from Ox but haven't heard anymore. Have come to Woof hoping someone might've picked up more details.

Remi Moses
23-01-2010, 12:44 AM
Just wonder it it's an ACL Eagleton might have the revolutionary knee surgery?

LostDoggy
23-01-2010, 04:36 AM
I hope it's nothing to serious and he will be right for round 1.

The Coon Dog
23-01-2010, 07:24 AM
The voodoo doll worked then Mantis? ;)

divvydan
23-01-2010, 12:18 PM
Still waiting for any sort of information, anyone have Rocket's number?

LostDoggy
23-01-2010, 01:27 PM
I heard it too on SEN,haven't heard anything since seeing I left my car for a cab. Hope it's not too bad but from the way OX was talking it didn't sound good. Nathan is definately an asset to the club. Here's hoping:D

G-Mo77
23-01-2010, 01:37 PM
The voodoo doll worked then Mantis? ;)

We don't know much about the injury but it's apparently a knee and usually that's pretty serious. Making light of the situation is poor form Coon Dog. :(

ledge
23-01-2010, 01:56 PM
Sadly this would be the end i imagine if its serious.... can we bring up a rookie this early in the year?
A bit of a s Scott West our Eagleton, been pretty good body wise over the years, then whammo "thats all folks"

The Underdog
23-01-2010, 02:03 PM
Apart from some vague unsubstantiated reports on SEN is there any actual evidence as yet?

Before I Die
23-01-2010, 02:19 PM
I have zero confidence in Ox's credibility, but in his statement did he say when or how it allegedly happened?

If true, I would imagine Hill and Wood would be first in line (possibly also Picken, but that just moves the hole to a new position) with the rookies put on notice that a promotion is available when earned. If one of the earlier mentioned players makes a success of the role, then the promotion could go to any one of our rookies, not just the midfielders.

For what it is worth, I think if the injury story were true it would be a big enough footy story to have received confirmation by now.

G-Mo77
23-01-2010, 02:36 PM
For what it is worth, I think if the injury story were true it would be a big enough footy story to have received confirmation by now.

You would think that although I'll rest easy when I see he is on the training track

Mofra
23-01-2010, 03:03 PM
If true, I would imagine Hill and Wood would be first in line
I hoep it isn't because Eaglton's ability to break zones by foot is underrated, but I should think you've picked his two logical successors - Hill's lung capacity could see his running power replaced, whilst Wood is an ready AFL-standard player waiting for a spot to open up. Everitt's kicking power is the third option.

Greystache
23-01-2010, 03:27 PM
Just speculation for the sake speculation given the lack of details we have at the moment, but I could see Everitt having a real break out year on the wing. His height, pace, and kicking could make him a really tough match up.

It will also make the competition between the rookies heat up nicely.

bornadog
23-01-2010, 03:56 PM
Nathan Eagleton undergoes surgery on right knee (http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/nathan-eagleton-undergoes-surgery-on-right-knee/story-e6frf9jf-1225822800317)

http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa198/mmsalih/nathan_eagleton.jpg

WESTERN Bulldogs veteran Nathan Eagleton had surgery to repair his injured right knee last night.

The seasoned wingman hurt his knee at training yesterday and needed an immediate arthroscope.

The damage, albeit minor, is likely to sideline Eagleton for the majority of the NAB Cup.

A club spokesman said the 32-year-old should be available to train in about three weeks and is expected to be fit for the club's opening-round clash of the home and away season against Collingwood.

However, the injury is an unwanted setback for a man likely to be gearing up for his last AFL season.

The Dogs have so far been cautious to carefully manage their older brigade through the pre-season campaign.

Veterans Eagleton, Jason Akermanis, Brad Johnson and Barry Hall are crucial to the club's premiership tilt after consecutive preliminary final defeats.

Eagleton, a 261-game veteran, was one of the Dogs' top performers last season, averaging 20 possessions over 25 games.

He led the club to a convincing semi-final win over Brisbane with 30 possessions and three goals.

The chance to win his first flag with the Dogs this season encouraged the club favourite to re-sign late last year.
Print

ledge
23-01-2010, 04:51 PM
Arthroscope is fine but just what is the minor surgery? Clean out?

Anyway great to here its not major, saying it was immediate gives the impression he was in a lot of pain, maybe it locked.

LostDoggy
23-01-2010, 04:52 PM
Nothing in the Herald sun today, nothing else said on SEN, nothing on doggie web site. Sounds like a Prank to me :confused::(

LostDoggy
23-01-2010, 04:54 PM
oops Shoulda read that article 1st:rolleyes:

Before I Die
23-01-2010, 05:08 PM

Anyway great to here its not major, saying it was immediate gives the impression he was in a lot of pain, maybe it locked.

A bit of pinched cartilage maybe?

divvydan
23-01-2010, 05:21 PM
It will usually be some form of cartilage issue, from floating cartliage or torn cartliage to cleaning up an infected knee, which it's unlikely to be as he has no history of knee problems.

The Coon Dog
23-01-2010, 05:33 PM
Nathan had completed the session & crouched down to get some oxygen when his knee locked up.

There was no swelling, which was a good sign & he was operated on last night.

It appears there was some old damage that wedged into the knee joint when he bent down & wouldn't budge.

The operation was relatively minor. Nathan will be able to ride in 5 days & will be able to run in 10 days time. Should be right to play week 2 of the NAB Cup if there's no complications.

Before I Die
23-01-2010, 06:21 PM
Nathan had completed the session & crouched down to get some oxygen when his knee locked up.

There was no swelling, which was a good sign & he was operated on last night.

It appears there was some old damage that wedged into the knee joint when he bent down & wouldn't budge.

The operation was relatively minor. Nathan will be able to ride in 5 days & will be able to run in 10 days time. Should be right to play week 2 of the NAB Cup if there's no complications.

Been there, done that. Feels like a knife has been shoved into the side of your knee. Fortunate for the side that it happened while we are still 9 weeks away from the start of the season proper.

Before I Die
23-01-2010, 06:36 PM
More information from the Bulldogs website

Eagleton hit by freak knee injury

VETERAN Western Bulldogs midfielder Nathan Eagleton has broken down in bizarre circumstances and appears likely to miss the side's NAB Cup campaign.

Eagleton had finished Friday's training session and was crouching down to get his breath back when his knee locked.

The 31-year-old had an arthroscopy later on Friday at The Avenue Hospital in Windsor, and Doggies medical service manager Andrew McKenzie told westernbulldogs.com.au that it happened in the most innocuous way.

Link to full article (http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/season2009/news/newsarticle/tabid/4112/newsid/88897/default.aspx)

LostDoggy
23-01-2010, 08:39 PM
The old floating cartlidge and then knee lock up. He'll be right;)

BulldogBelle
23-01-2010, 09:45 PM
Good news about Nathan, glad to read it is not a season ending injury - look forward to seeing him out on the park come Round 1.

LostDoggy
23-01-2010, 09:53 PM
Good news about Nathan, glad to read it is not a season ending injury - look forward to seeing him out on the park come Round 1.

Totally agree BB, the players must value his contribution by the way they raised money for his salary this year.

lemmon
23-01-2010, 10:41 PM
Probably a good thing the damage was discovered now rather then during the season.

ledge
24-01-2010, 12:27 PM

Pat on the back for me, Dr Ledge from afar :D

KT31
26-01-2010, 12:51 AM
Not to sure how reliable the source was.
(Or how much sauce the source had)
But it was mentioned the Eagles injury is worse than being reported.

Sockeye Salmon
26-01-2010, 08:57 AM

I know you have had access to a fairly decent contact of late (for those of you trying to read between the lines, it's not Rocket) so there is a good chance this has legs.

The Pie Man
26-01-2010, 10:25 AM

Worse as in career over or perhaps just early season?

KT31
26-01-2010, 11:18 AM
Worse as in career over or perhaps just early season?

Didn't get to much more , but later than being reported.

The Coon Dog
28-01-2010, 12:44 PM
Didn't get to much more , but later than being reported.

Starts back on the bike tomorrow, no dramas whatsoever.

The Pie Man
28-01-2010, 02:29 PM

Sweet news, thanks CD

LostDoggy
28-01-2010, 02:45 PM
Good The Eagle flys once again, well, pedals tomorrow.

KT31
28-01-2010, 09:36 PM

Great news TCD.
Can always count on you for the correct info.
Was hoping it was the case of the source having to much sauce.

LostDoggy
29-01-2010, 04:05 PM
Shame for Nathan.

Everitt will surely see this as an opportunity to cement a spot. Will have the NAB cup and maybe a few H&W games to prove something to the Dogs fans and selection committee.

The Coon Dog
29-01-2010, 04:08 PM
Shame for Nathan.

Everitt will surely see this as an opportunity to cement a spot. Will have the NAB cup and maybe a few H&W games to prove something to the Dogs fans and selection committee.

Eagleton is only going to miss week 1 of the NAB Cup.

LostDoggy
30-01-2010, 11:09 AM
Eagleton walked laps yeaterday at a good cadence in his rehab program so I do agree with TCD that this indicates he would be 3-4 weeks away which is basically Rd 2 NAB Cup.:)

Bumper Bulldogs
30-01-2010, 10:28 PM
Eagleton walked laps yeaterday at a good cadence in his rehab program so I do agree with TCD that this indicates he would be 3-4 weeks away which is basically Rd 2 NAB Cup.:)
If they risk him, no need from my point of view let the young pups out to play.