PDA

View Full Version : Obama to be invited to Dogs v Pies Clash

bornadog
02-02-2010, 02:36 PM
He can sit next to me I may have a spare seat.:D

The Coon Dog
02-02-2010, 02:49 PM
He can sit next to me I may have a spare seat.:D

I'll bet Eddie's already sussed out a photo opportunity in a Collingwood jumper.

LostDoggy
02-02-2010, 02:52 PM
I'll bet Eddie's already sussed out a photo opportunity in a Collingwood jumper.

Eddie's a FLOG!

gohardorgohome
02-02-2010, 02:58 PM
Hey I remember reading something ages ago about Mohammed Ali saying he liked the Red White and blue of the Doggies because it was the same as the American Flag...

We'll let Obama be a Doggies man for the day..

The Coon Dog
02-02-2010, 03:03 PM
Hey I remember reading something ages ago about Mohammed Ali saying he liked the Red White and blue of the Doggies because it was the same as the American Flag...

We'll let Obama be a Doggies man for the day..

I just sent a cheeky little email to Cam Rose along those lines (r, w & b) suggesting he's capable of outmaneuvering Eddie. ;)

chef
02-02-2010, 03:10 PM
Eddie's a FLOG!

Only because he's involved with the Magpies and not the Dogs.

Sedat
02-02-2010, 03:21 PM
He can join the Collingwood die-hard supporter hall of fame that already includes Paul Keating, Rob Lowe, Tim Robbins and Susan Sarandon :rolleyes:

Mantis
02-02-2010, 03:52 PM
He can join the Collingwood die-hard supporter hall of fame that already includes Paul Keating, Rob Lowe, Tim Robbins and Susan Sarandon :rolleyes:

Luckily we will smash them otherwise we would have to cop the 2 most important presidents on the planet arm in arm singing the club song.

Mind you watching Rob Lowe in the huddle belting out the theme song would have to be the most cringe-worthy moment in Colingwood's history.

LostDoggy
02-02-2010, 03:56 PM
Can we beat the Pies?

Yes we can

The Coon Dog
02-02-2010, 04:08 PM
Can we beat the Pies?

Yes we can

Clever!

Mofra
02-02-2010, 05:15 PM
Will be an interesting choice for Barak. I hope he doesn't think the prison bars mean "black and white, side by side".

Twodogs
02-02-2010, 05:17 PM
I know he's coming around the time the footy starts? Has it been announced? It's going to be impossible to get in then for that game. the security will be unbeilivable.

LostDoggy
02-02-2010, 05:17 PM
If he does go I will probably see him up close. Cos my aisle is right at the end and the presidents club aisle starts right next to us. and we see all the big honchos walking in and out of their private room. Spoke with Chris Grant and Scott West last year. Saw some premiers and other presidents when its our home games (saw Eddie last year, sucking up to Mr Brumby!) hehe. And of course Smorgan!

aker39
02-02-2010, 05:28 PM
If he does go I will probably see him up close.

I think you'll find, if he goes, he will be sitting in a corporate box, away from the plebs.

BulldogBelle
02-02-2010, 05:34 PM

l thought exactly the same thing when l heard about Obama coming to the footy.

Flamethrower
02-02-2010, 06:10 PM
The President is a big fan of the Chicago White Sox, who just happen to wear black and white.

Chicago1
02-02-2010, 06:21 PM
I will be formally inviting the President to be my guest at the match since I'll be there too. President Obama owes me big time. I wore an Obama 2008 pin every day for almost two years in my solid Republican suburb. I also had signs in our front yard for him when he ran for Senator in 2004 and for the primary and general election in 2008. I even contributed to his campaign financially and spoke about his win the night of his victory on 774ABC Melbourne. Yes, the President owes me. However, I will shout him a pie and a beer at the footy. I'm also hoping I can get a hitch on Air Force 1 to Melbourne since the air fares are very high this year (and I lost as usual in Vegas last month.:( )

LostDoggy
02-02-2010, 07:21 PM
Just saw on 9 news that it's going to be a collingwood game in the first few weeks..
and hopefully at the MCG also..so the chances of the match being against the dogs is unlikely, being that it's at Etihad.
Unless they have a sudden venue change somehow..

LostDoggy
02-02-2010, 08:05 PM
Can you imagine the security scrutinizing everything. Looks Like I'm going to ES now to line up to get hopefully I'll be in by half time

jazzadogs
02-02-2010, 08:27 PM
Just saw on 9 news that it's going to be a collingwood game in the first few weeks..
and hopefully at the MCG also..so the chances of the match being against the dogs is unlikely, being that it's at Etihad.
Agree. If they want to showcase Australian Rules football, they will choose a game at the MCG. It is our greatest sporting arena.

Would be lovely to see Obama in a Doggies jumper though...

The Coon Dog
02-02-2010, 08:59 PM
Would be lovely to see Obama in a Doggies jumper though...

http://i529.photobucket.com/albums/dd340/TheCoonDog/Other%20stuff/Untitled-1-11.jpg

LostDoggy
02-02-2010, 09:19 PM

Dont forget Tomkat - Eddie showed them a great time! :rolleyes:

LostDoggy
02-02-2010, 09:57 PM
Only because he's involved with the Magpies and not the Dogs.

Mmmmm na!

Hot_Doggies
02-02-2010, 10:53 PM
http://i529.photobucket.com/albums/dd340/TheCoonDog/Other%20stuff/Untitled-1-11.jpg

Josh Hill??

jazzadogs
03-02-2010, 01:22 AM
Haha. Thankyou :)

Remi Moses
03-02-2010, 06:43 AM
The President is a big fan of the Chicago White Sox, who just happen to wear black and white.

Supporters have hygeine and dental issues in common I hear!Everyone forgot that fruitcake Tom Cruise to the list of Hypewood celeb fans

LostDoggy
03-02-2010, 03:30 PM

I hope it isn't our game - Johnno deserves all the attention, it being his 350th. If Obama's there it'll all be about him & Eddie. ;)

LostDoggy
03-02-2010, 03:47 PM
I think you'll find, if he goes, he will be sitting in a corporate box, away from the plebs.

No doubt about it. Obambi won't want to mix with those who "cling to guns and religion". And I'm sure they'll be able to set up his teleprompter in the corporate box, so he can speechify while he's watching the game. Will hospitality have enough arugula for Narcissus? He's gotta make the most of his one term.

LostDoggy
03-02-2010, 03:53 PM
At least he will be seeing a great team like the DOGGIES!

comrade
03-02-2010, 04:09 PM
No doubt about it. Obambi won't want to mix with those who "cling to guns and religion". And I'm sure they'll be able to set up his teleprompter in the corporate box, so he can speechify while he's watching the game. Will hospitality have enough arugula for Narcissus? He's gotta make the most of his one term.

Clearly someone was a Sarah Palin fan. ;)

The Coon Dog
03-02-2010, 04:21 PM

I got that too, from Running Dog's location.

LostDoggy
03-02-2010, 05:27 PM
What size is he?
We will have to get him a BHBAS shirt!

LostDoggy
03-02-2010, 06:23 PM
What size is he?
We will have to get him a BHBAS shirt!

Great idea!! I think a red one - he'll stand out and look more like a Bulldogs supporter then!! :D

LostDoggy
03-02-2010, 07:23 PM

That's right! If you're not one of US, you must be one of THEM. Brilliant logic, Einstein. That's the kind of tribalism that sees Obama as a critically untouchable hero simply because he's... not George Bush!

You do realise there are three sides to every story- yours, mine, and the facts.

comrade
03-02-2010, 08:29 PM
That's right! If you're not one of US, you must be one of THEM. Brilliant logic, Einstein. That's the kind of tribalism that sees Obama as a critically untouchable hero simply because he's... not George Bush!

You do realise there are three sides to every story- yours, mine, and the facts.

Why are the right wing so touchy?

LostDoggy
03-02-2010, 09:51 PM

Because they are no good at feely:confused:?

bornadog
03-02-2010, 11:37 PM
I hope it isn't our game - Johnno deserves all the attention, it being his 350th. If Obama's there it'll all be about him & Eddie. ;)

Good take the pressure off him as we thrash the black and white

Twodogs
04-02-2010, 01:55 PM

Hehehe!

The Underdog
04-02-2010, 02:20 PM

That is truly brilliant.

I've heard that he's actually coming for round 2 Dogs vs Richmond at the MCG so he can be at the BHBAS meet up beforehand.

LostDoggy
04-02-2010, 04:32 PM
That is truly brilliant.

I've heard that he's actually coming for round 2 Dogs vs Richmond at the MCG so he can be at the BHBAS meet up beforehand.

Awesome!! I hope he'll grow a beard to honour the occasion. ;)

The Underdog
04-02-2010, 04:51 PM

Not being George W. is a pretty massive plus for anyone though, you gotta admit.
Obama is hardly viewed as a critically untouchable hero across most of the US where he's been roundly criticised for his first year, from both left and right. it's probably more outside the US that he's viewed this way.

hujsh
06-02-2010, 12:30 AM

Hillary fan then?

Remi Moses
06-02-2010, 01:00 AM

Lord help us someone follows the ''More Guns Less Wogs'' Party:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Remi Moses
06-02-2010, 01:06 AM

He'll resort to name calling as per usual ''Pinko'', '' Lefty'' ''Do Gooder''. Might find it hard to drag himself away from Fox News.