PDA

View Full Version : Membership package 2010 - Administration error?

choconmientay
11-02-2010, 07:23 AM
Yesterday I came home from work and to my surprise, I received "another" membership package in the mail with the white cap and my "second" membership card (no keyring & pen). Does this happened to anyone else?

Surely, I don't mind to have a second cap :D but the stuff up with the membership card is a bit weird. Someone could just use the second card for a 'friend' to enter the ground during game day? And not to mention about the overhead to produce the card, packaging and mail out. This could be put to a better use.

Not sure if I need to ring up the Bulldogs membership administration team and advise them about this error. What do you guys think?

GVGjr
11-02-2010, 07:57 AM
You should contact them just in case you have somehow been charged twice.

LostDoggy
11-02-2010, 09:46 AM
Off on a bit of a tangent I know, but how long does it take to send the package after renewing membership?

Bulldog4life
11-02-2010, 10:20 AM
Yesterday I came home from work and to my surprise, I received "another" membership package in the mail with the white cap and my "second" membership card (no keyring & pen). Does this happened to anyone else?

Surely, I don't mind to have a second cap :D but the stuff up with the membership card is a bit weird. Someone could just use the second card for a 'friend' to enter the ground during game day? And not to mention about the overhead to produce the card, packaging and mail out. This could be put to a better use.

Not sure if I need to ring up the Bulldogs membership administration team and advise them about this error. What do you guys think?

Yes you should contact them because even though your name is on it maybe it was meant for someone else who now won't be receiving one.

Mofra
11-02-2010, 12:49 PM
These glitches happen. Last year I didn't receive a membership pack at all, just the card. I didn't mind surviving on past caps & scarves so never asked for it.

LostDoggy
11-02-2010, 12:54 PM
In 2008 i recieved 4 membership packs in total for 1 membership bought with a social club upgrade

At first i revieved 2 membership packs, and informed the club. The club wasnt sure which membership to canel so they sent me a new pack, instead of just a card and canceled both the old cards.

When i upgraded to a Social club again i recived a new pack.

So i ended up with 4 hats & key chains ect

I can understand the new cards but all the extra stuff was unessessary.

ledge
11-02-2010, 12:54 PM
i havent got my members pack yet, my daughter has and i bought them both at same time.

mighty_west
11-02-2010, 12:58 PM
I knew of someone that recieved 2 packs last season, i guess it just happens.

Check the barcode & ID number on the 2nd card compared to the first, more than likely having your name on it, will be an identical card, meaning if you use the first one you recieved, the second one won't scan.

Probably best to kept away somewhere in case you lose the original card or it damages in anyway.

Doc26
11-02-2010, 01:07 PM

I have to say there hasn't been too many years gone by, at least since the move to Docklands, where at least one person in our group hasn't received two lots of packs as you've described.

You will probably find the card itself is a duplicate with another, maybe your other one or with someone else, and will only permit a single entry through the turnstiles. We've always been a bit concerned in returning such 'doubles' just in case the process of returning it happens to end up invalidating the one you keep. I'm one that doesn't have much faith in the system. Personally I would keep it but do the right thing and not use it.

LostDoggy
11-02-2010, 03:55 PM
i havent got my members pack yet, my daughter has and i bought them both at same time.

I renewed in November 2009, as early as possible, since the club apparently benefits from earlier renewals. By late January I hadn't recieved a membership pack. After contacting the club I got a 'Member Service Guarantee' voucher- but still no membership pack. After contacting them again I then received two membership packs! Hassling the membership department about something that goes wrong is an annual event.

If you still haven't received one, contact the club. The person I spoke to said something about sending them directly from Hong Kong. At least you might get some exotic stamps!

LostDoggy
11-02-2010, 04:15 PM

When did you renew?

LostDoggy
11-02-2010, 04:27 PM
I also received my second package yesterday must be some sort of mix up from the Hong Kong end

bornadog
11-02-2010, 05:34 PM

Guess who has yours:D

Seriously, you both need to ring the club

choconmientay
11-02-2010, 07:56 PM
Thanks for all your inputs. I will give them a courtesy call some times next week and advise them about the errors. Hopefully I do not have to go through the trouble to cancel my card and apply for a new one.

choconmientay
11-02-2010, 08:03 PM
I knew of someone that recieved 2 packs last season, i guess it just happens.

Check the barcode & ID number on the 2nd card compared to the first, more than likely having your name on it, will be an identical card, meaning if you use the first one you recieved, the second one won't scan.

Probably best to kept away somewhere in case you lose the original card or it damages in anyway.

Good idea. I checked the barcode and ID on both cards. The first package I received was the correct one. The second one doesn't contain any barcode or ID (only the level, aisle, seat) and it does match the seat I was allocated. So I guess, the club welcome me into the fans base with an extra welcome package :p

choconmientay
11-02-2010, 08:05 PM
Guess who has yours:D

Did you mean me or "way out west" ;)

choconmientay
11-02-2010, 10:53 PM
I meant Ledge has a missing one and you have his - just joking around.

:) yes I did get the joke, but did you read this:

I also received my second package yesterday must be some sort of mix up from the Hong Kong end

I think way out west got Ledge's package!

FrediKanoute
12-02-2010, 01:16 AM
I too have received in the past numerous packs etc, though luckily never a new card!

I just wonder how much this waste costs the club?

angelopetraglia
13-02-2010, 12:35 AM
Any people who are getting more than one pack AFL members with Bulldog club support and also have reserved seats at Docklands for Dogs home games?