PDA

View Full Version : Jackson helps out

The Coon Dog
18-02-2010, 01:41 AM
CAROLINE WILSON - February 18, 2010

FORMER Essendon chief executive Peter Jackson is conducting a business review of the Western Bulldogs.

Jackson moved into the Whitten Oval early this month at the behest of the AFL in a bid to analyse the club's structures and various departments in a bid to look at ways to improve and grow the club's operation. The Bulldogs, having succeeded in building an impressive new training and administrative facility, remain financially reliant on the AFL.

Bulldogs president David Smorgon last night denied industry talk of any disquiet in the club following Jackson's appointment.

Article in full... (http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/jackson-helps-out-20100217-oduz.html)

LostDoggy
18-02-2010, 09:18 AM
I hope Jackson learns something from being exposed to an excellent administrator in Campbell Rose.

LostDoggy
18-02-2010, 10:10 AM
You would have thought his first Port of call would have been in Adelaide.

ledge
18-02-2010, 11:09 AM
I am confused. have we employed him or has the AFL sent him to check us out?

LostDoggy
18-02-2010, 11:55 AM
I am confused. have we employed him or has the AFL sent him to check us out?

The AFL sent him in. Just as we had the Bulldog Hilton cleared.

ledge
18-02-2010, 12:24 PM
Seems a bit strange he is going there now when all the structural side of things seems to be sorted and on an upward angle, maybe its for ideas to take to other clubs?

Would have thought that he would have been sent in when we were in real bother.

Throughandthrough
18-02-2010, 02:14 PM
didn't we have someone else do something similar a few years back?

NB I don't like the smell of this.

Go_Dogs
18-02-2010, 04:30 PM
Nothing sinister in it from my point of view.

The AFL want to ensure their investment in us is going to be a successful one, and as long as everyone is above-board with the review, there shouldn't be any issue. Obliging the AFL every now and then is a good practice imo.

chef
18-02-2010, 05:45 PM

The AFL want to ensure their investment in us is going to be a successful one, and as long as everyone is above-board with the review, there shouldn't be any issue. Obliging the AFL every now and then is a good practice imo.

They are just checking out their investment property.

LostDoggy
18-02-2010, 07:37 PM
"The Bulldogs, having succeeded in building an impressive new training and administrative facility, remain financially reliant on the AFL".

Well bugger me!
Until we get the same concessions as the other top sides do this will not change Mr Demetriou, so dig deep and be proud that you have such a great club out in the West.

Dry Rot
18-02-2010, 11:14 PM
didn't we have someone else do something similar a few years back?

NB I don't like the smell of this.

+1.

How many other clubs are having this foisted upon them?

KT31
20-02-2010, 01:01 AM

I agree and see this as a "not so negative".
In the past it was always about knocking us off and making us extinct.
Now its about expanding us and seeing how we can improve on numbers with their support.

strebla
20-02-2010, 03:24 AM
I think this is a positive step forwrd with us beccoming trully self reliant

Nuggety Back Pocket
20-02-2010, 12:18 PM
CAROLINE WILSON - February 18, 2010

FORMER Essendon chief executive Peter Jackson is conducting a business review of the Western Bulldogs.

Jackson moved into the Whitten Oval early this month at the behest of the AFL in a bid to analyse the club's structures and various departments in a bid to look at ways to improve and grow the club's operation. The Bulldogs, having succeeded in building an impressive new training and administrative facility, remain financially reliant on the AFL.

Bulldogs president David Smorgon last night denied industry talk of any disquiet in the club following Jackson's appointment.

Article in full... (http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/jackson-helps-out-20100217-oduz.html)

This is a positive move by the AFL. Peter Jackson has done an excellent job at Essendon over many years and his experience and expertise can only assist the hardworking Campbell Rose and his staff. We need to continue to get better in our finances and memberships to rival the likes of Collingwood,Hawthorn, Essendon and Geelong, if in fact we are to become a viable force in the AFL competition.