PDA

View Full Version : Best South Australian Bulldog?

Go_Dogs
21-02-2010, 09:55 AM
Quite a few fairly handy Bulldogs players over the years have arrived from South Australia - who are your favourites?

Obviously the current side has a fair number of South Aussie's, including Cooney, Lake, Griffen, Minson, Eagleton, Tiller and recent draftees Christian Howard and Matt Panos. We'll certainly claim Darcy too, but maybe we'll forget about Scott Bassett. ;)

becmatty
21-02-2010, 10:12 AM
Lake, McGuinness, Cooney, Griffen and Darcy.

Awesome.

craigsahibee
21-02-2010, 11:44 AM
Huppatz.

LostDoggy
21-02-2010, 12:32 PM
MINSON by a mile hahaah.....i reckon Lakey has been pretty dam good for us......

Go_Dogs
21-02-2010, 02:16 PM
MINSON by a mile hahaah.....i reckon Lakey has been pretty dam good for us......

Big surprise that one!

I must say, I do enjoy the fact that our arguably two most important players, in Lake and Cooney are South Australian. :D

GVGjr
21-02-2010, 02:46 PM
A slight distraction but what about the ones we missed out on? The ones that wouldn't commit like Marker, Riley, Pitt, Tregenza and Naley spring to mind.

Sam Phillipou was the one of the most anticipated arrivals but once I saw him the SA grand final I realised he just didn't have the pace to make the transition.

Go_Dogs
21-02-2010, 03:09 PM
Sam Phillipou was the one of the most anticipated arrivals but once I saw him the SA grand final I realised he just didn't have the pace to make the transition.

I still have some fairly vivid recollections of Phillipou tearing Norwood up during the 90's.

By Tregenza, do you mean Simon?

I thought he was a handy footballer for the Crows, but he never amounted to anything spectacular, although the knee injury he suffered probably caused a lot of that. I must say I never realised he was someone that we drafted, who never came over.

ledge
21-02-2010, 03:11 PM
Tregenza was only coming if crows didnt come in.
We had him

GVGjr
21-02-2010, 03:19 PM
I still have some fairly vivid recollections of Phillipou tearing Norwood up during the 90's.

By Tregenza, do you mean Simon?

I thought he was a handy footballer for the Crows, but he never amounted to anything spectacular, although the knee injury he suffered probably caused a lot of that. I must say I never realised he was someone that we drafted, who never came over.

I think we drafted him in 1987 but he was probably unlikely to come. We effectively lost McGuinness and Tregenza when the Crows started.

Throughandthrough
21-02-2010, 03:23 PM
Tregenza was one of the 10 "super picks" or whatever they were called when the Crows entered the competition. Was allready drafted to us but then the Crows took him instead.

No loss, couldn't kick straight.

To quote Greg Champion "he kicked a football in the air, where it land, i know not where"

bulldogsfight
22-02-2010, 03:19 PM
Neil Craig was drafted by Footscray and I remember when itewas rumored we had signed Peter Marker

The Coon Dog
22-02-2010, 03:24 PM
Neil Craig was drafted by Footscray and I remember when itewas rumored we had signed Peter Marker

He wasn't 'drafted' as such. He signed a form 4, which committed him to playing for Footscray if he played in the VFL, but his wife had just accepted a lucrative promotion with the SA Education Department so they remained in Adelaide.

bornadog
22-02-2010, 04:17 PM
McGuiness was sensational and one of my favourites, but Cooney has to be the best ever. A brownlow and the best yet to come.