PDA

View Full Version : Plan B for Williams

Dry Rot
24-02-2010, 03:17 PM
Another match, another no show for Williams. Feel sorry for the poor bloke, but it's difficult to have confidence in him playing the majority of games this season given his record.

What is the team's Plan B? Go in with a shorter back line (as per the PF team) and rely upon experience? Give Markovic a go? Or try to get some game into the inexperienced Bourmann and Mulligan? Or something else left field?

LostDoggy
24-02-2010, 04:13 PM
Have i missed something? Is Williams injured again?

chef
24-02-2010, 05:01 PM
Hope that one of Boumann, Markovic or Mulligan can cover when he's injured. Jones may also be worth a shot down back(but i would rather he stay forward).

LostDoggy
24-02-2010, 06:27 PM
Another match, another no show for Williams. Feel sorry for the poor bloke, but it's difficult to have confidence in him playing the majority of games this season given his record.

What is the team's Plan B? Go in with a shorter back line (as per the PF team) and rely upon experience? Give Markovic a go? Or try to get some game into the inexperienced Bourmann and Mulligan? Or something else left field?

He played against Brisbane though? Isn't he playing against the Hawks Friday night?

comrade
24-02-2010, 06:29 PM
He played against Brisbane though? Isn't he playing against the Hawks Friday night?

He’s not named in the squad vs Hawks after experiencing some hamstring soreness against Brisbane. You can’t begrudge the club taking a softly softly approach with him.

Swoop
24-02-2010, 06:31 PM
It's such a shame that we're relying on such an important part of the jigsaw puzzle to be held together by Wililams whose own body is barely able to stick together

Dry Rot
24-02-2010, 06:43 PM
Jones may also be worth a shot down back

I was thinking that, but he wouldn't have the size or tank for it now.

but i would rather he stay forward).

May not hurt with his development.

The Bulldogs Bite
24-02-2010, 06:47 PM
Mulligan and Markovic are really the only other options available. Not sure I have confidence in either to date, but it's probably worth trialing them both to see if they are capable. Perhaps that's why Mulligan is listed this week.

IMO we'll field a side similar to the PF. No point in playing one of the other talls if Morris does a better job.

LostDoggy
24-02-2010, 06:51 PM
He’s not named in the squad vs Hawks after experiencing some hamstring soreness against Brisbane. You can’t begrudge the club taking a softly softly approach with him.

As long as he is right for Round 1. Who cares, it's the NAB Cup.

LostDoggy
24-02-2010, 06:58 PM
I would give big Mulligan a go on Franklin, seeing as Boumann has been dropped for terrorism:D Elevated to the senior list, quick and strong. Lets see what the bigman can offer!

EasternWest
24-02-2010, 07:08 PM
As long as he is right for Round 1. Who cares, it's the NAB Cup.

I think the issue is will he be right for round 1?

Dry Rot
24-02-2010, 07:43 PM
I think the issue is will he be right for round 1?

And the rest of the rounds. IMO the OP is a fair question to ask, given his unfortunate track record.

Jasper
24-02-2010, 07:44 PM
I would give big Mulligan a go on Franklin, seeing as Boumann has been dropped for terrorism:D Elevated to the senior list, quick and strong. Lets see what the bigman can offer!

Id feel sorry for a player like Boumann if he had been dropped because a bigger name was available but not if it's of his own doing. To many of the younger players dont always handle the professionalism that well and I wonder if there is something more the club should be doing or if there is just to big of a gap between what they are allowed to do at home or the TAC sides and then landing in the AFL system.

Bulldog Revolution
24-02-2010, 07:50 PM
Only a practice match. no point risking someone who came up sore

The difficult thing for Williams is that he really needs continuity to improve

Mulligan and Markovic need to be looked at - whatever the reasons real shame Boumann not in the squad

AndrewP6
24-02-2010, 10:28 PM
I'm a Williams fan, but his continued inability to stay fit (as in "unhurt") is really concerning. Not overly concerned about the Who Cares Cup, but the poor bloke struggles to take the field in the season proper, and has such an important spot. For this game, give Markovic/Mulligan a run, I say.

Mofra
25-02-2010, 10:44 AM
Regarding Williams' injury, have the club said that if it was a regular season game or final, he would be risked?
The cotton wool is doubly-thick during the pre-season.

I hope if Mulligan plays, his confidence isn't shattered by a rampaging Buddy. I think that could actually hurt his development.

comrade
25-02-2010, 12:24 PM
I hope if Mulligan plays, his confidence isn't shattered by a rampaging Buddy. I think that could actually hurt his development.

I doubt Rocket will feed him to the wolves and leave Mulligan on Buddy if he’s getting torn apart.

Considering he’s yet to even to take the field for the Williamstown seniors, lining up against the best forward in the game can only help his development, IMO.

stefoid
25-02-2010, 06:18 PM
Morris is always plan B. Maybe he wont be if markovic or boumann step up, but I wouldnt put my money on that.

nice nickname for morris really - 'plan B'

chef
25-02-2010, 06:24 PM
Morris is always plan B. Maybe he wont be if markovic or boumann step up, but I wouldnt put my money on that.

He's the best plan B in the league.

BulldogBelle
25-02-2010, 07:15 PM
And when Morris is plan A on certain players like he should be, he just destroys them.

Mofra
26-02-2010, 11:16 AM
Nup - all the players will start to call him "MAP*" if that starts to get up

* Morning after pill

Go_Dogs
26-02-2010, 01:11 PM
Nup - all the players will start to call him "MAP*" if that starts to get up

* Morning after pill

Hahaha, well played.