PDA

View Full Version : What is wrong with the staff at the Whitten oval.

immortalmike
25-02-2010, 06:42 PM
Hey guys,

A couple of days ago my father and received our membership cards and noticed that our seats (which we have sat in for the past 3 years) were changed without our notification. What makes things weirder is the fact that I received my card a couple of weeks earlier with the right seating information.

So, naturally we rang the Whitten Oval today to ask about the change of seating and the extra card (with the right seat). We were met with a rather bored female voice telling us that our seats were changed because we missed a particular cut off date (of which we were not made aware).

While that seemed like a bit of a crock, we were (unhappily) prepared to wear that and my father then asked about whether we could establish a way to either get our seats back or find some aisle seats as both he and I are rather large fellows. The response was (in a rude voice) "there has been a lot of new members coming in this year and I don't want to argue with you. You can have your money back if you want."

As members for 11 years we were extremely taken aback by this response and were made to feel expendable. Luckily neither my father nor I am the type of supporter who threatens to not become a member over not getting their way. But my issue is that our catch cry last year was that "8000 members have not signed up from last year". If that was true are we really the sort of club that can throw away members so easily over a seating issue.

Anyone who has read my posts knows that I rarely whinge, I'm usually pretty positive and I take disagreements with good humour. But today I as an 11 year member (who has been stuck through some relatively dark times at the club) have been made to feel expendable and second rate by someone employed by (but may not even support) my beloved club.

LostDoggy
25-02-2010, 06:49 PM
I love our Dogs, but the amount of times I've heard (and, at times, experienced) stuff like this makes me cringe.

GVGjr
25-02-2010, 07:10 PM
As members for 11 years we were extremely taken aback by this response and were made to feel expendable. Luckily neither my father nor I am the type of supporter who threatens to not become a member over not getting their way. But my issue is that our catch cry last year was that "8000 members have not signed up from last year". If that was true are we really the sort of club that can throw away members so easily over a seating issue.

Anyone who has read my posts knows that I rarely whinge, I'm usually pretty positive and I take disagreements with good humour. But today I as an 11 year member (who has been stuck through some relatively dark times at the club) have been made to feel expendable and second rate by someone employed by (but may not even support) my beloved club.

I would contact the club again and raise it with someone higher up. Everyone has a boss. Perhaps you could raise at the family day with the membership people sitting right in front of you.

craigsahibee
25-02-2010, 07:15 PM
I'm a "Bulldog for Life" so I very rarely need to speak to the membership department. Am I correct in assuming the membership department is outsourced and are not direct employees of the club. Either way, still pretty poor and should be taken up with Membership and or Marketing Manager.

The Adelaide Connection
25-02-2010, 07:48 PM
I would contact the club again and raise it with someone higher up. Everyone has a boss. Perhaps you could raise at the family day with the membership people sitting right in front of you.

I think this is spot on. I must say that my dealings with the membership department have been all positive but a company can only be as strong as their weakest link at times and I am sure that if someone is not representing the company adequately then management will be very interested to hear about it.

I think you will be doing the club a favour if you report it, the staff involved may need a friendly reminder (or a swift kick out the door) so as not to turn less understanding potential Bulldogs members away.

GVGjr
25-02-2010, 07:53 PM
I think you will be doing the club a favour if you report it, the staff involved may need a friendly reminder (or a swift kick out the door) so as not to turn less understanding potential Bulldogs members away.

Fully agree. The club can't fix things if they don't know there is a problem.

immortalmike
25-02-2010, 08:42 PM
I'll see if I can report it. To be honest though I'm not sure how to go about it.

LostDoggy
25-02-2010, 08:53 PM
I'll see if I can report it. To be honest though I'm not sure how to go about it.

Call the 1300 number and ask for the supervisor, if they say no and you wanna do it the nice way - Explain you need some further understanding of a previous conversation with an operator.

I've done the whole call centre enviroment job and at times its frustrating/boring. But this is a totally different situation where they are speaking to 'customers' aswell as potential members. Ive done inbound sales for potential customers but always been as chirpy as possible as your potentially selling a service/product. But, no excuse to talk down to a long term member of a club struggling to get members every year, if she did support the club she should have a full understanding of what members mean and how to treat them. :rolleyes:

Dancin' Douggy
25-02-2010, 08:58 PM
Hey guys,

A couple of days ago my father and received our membership cards and noticed that our seats (which we have sat in for the past 3 years) were changed without our notification. What makes things weirder is the fact that I received my card a couple of weeks earlier with the right seating information.

So, naturally we rang the Whitten Oval today to ask about the change of seating and the extra card (with the right seat). We were met with a rather bored female voice telling us that our seats were changed because we missed a particular cut off date (of which we were not made aware).

While that seemed like a bit of a crock, we were (unhappily) prepared to wear that and my father then asked about whether we could establish a way to either get our seats back or find some aisle seats as both he and I are rather large fellows. The response was (in a rude voice) "there has been a lot of new members coming in this year and I don't want to argue with you. You can have your money back if you want."

Send this in a letter to the club addressed to David Smorgon. Also to Campbell Rose. Even send one to Rodney Eade. They need to know about it, it's unforgiveable. (The attitude I mean)

LostDoggy
25-02-2010, 09:26 PM
If you are attending the Family Day at the Whitten Oval, please call and see me at the WBFF marquee and I will take all the necessary details and try to fix this problem for you. We value all WB supporters highly. I will be pleased to personally take this matter up for you and see if we can fix the problem asap.
________
Electric Cigarettes (http://vaporizer.org/forum/electronic-cigarettes/)

mighty_west
25-02-2010, 09:28 PM
Send this in a letter to the club addressed to David Smorgon. Also to Campbell Rose. Even send one to Rodney Eade. They need to know about it, it's unforgiveable. (The attitude I mean)

I would do the same, the attitude towards a long serving member, well, ANY member really, like theimmortalmike copped is nothing short of pathetic!

LostDoggy
25-02-2010, 09:32 PM
I will ensure that Campbell Rose is alerted to this problem with a view to fixing this matter asap. Rest assured the Club will take this complaint very seriously. Each and every member is highly valued by the WB
________
Nomad (http://www.chevy-wiki.com/wiki/Chevrolet_Nomad)

Doc26
25-02-2010, 09:45 PM
The bad attitude is unacceptable. Seems odd that you previously received a membership card with correct seating to then have it reneged. Would infer that you did pay for your seating prior to the early Dec cut off date so at face value would seem like some back end bungling.

The cut off date must be quite problematic for the membership team to administer as I understand they have many people on a waiting list who have requested particular seats, whether to move from their existing spot or add to their group but nothing can be done about filling these requests until the cut off date has passed. With that said, it's the attitude and a lack of willingness to look into possible alternatives that is wanting.

The Coon Dog
25-02-2010, 10:01 PM
It can be frustrating at times.

About 2 weeks prior to October 28 when my Credit Card payment is processed I rang the club to find out what the amount would be. I was told a specific amount.

I had that amount available, but for some reason less was taken out & I only received membership material for myself, my wife & 12 year old son, but nothing for my 15 year old daughter.

When I rang to find out what had happened I was told that as my daughter had turned 15 she was now considered 'concession' & no longer part of a family membership. As a result I was up for over $200 more than I had been advised.

What frustrated me was that I rang beforehand, but was given incorrect information.

To annoy me further I was informed that I had a week or so to make payment in full or my daughter's seat would be reallocated! As you can imagine, I was less than impressed with that advice; a complete lack of flexibility!

You would like to think that after 25 years of continuous membership, the club would be a bit more flexible in such circumstances.

There have been other instances where I have had to ring the membership department or administration staff with queries & they have been absolutely first class. A special mention here to Dave McNamara & Rachel Murphy; both really accommodating!

I guess alot depends on who you speak to. Generally I've found the staff who've been there a while are particularly switched on, but bringing concerns to the attention of the club will hopefully a) rectify such concerns & b) stop them happening in the future.

It must be a huge job trying to cater to the whim's of 30,000 members each with different concerns. On balance I feel the membership department do a terrific job.

AndrewP6
25-02-2010, 10:06 PM
I agree with those who advise putting it in writing. This kind of treatment just isn't on, even if the job is outsourced.

ledge
25-02-2010, 10:41 PM
It can be frustrating at times.

About 2 weeks prior to October 28 when my Credit Card payment is processed I rang the club to find out what the amount would be. I was told a specific amount.

I had that amount available, but for some reason less was taken out & I only received membership material for myself, my wife & 12 year old son, but nothing for my 15 year old daughter.

When I rang to find out what had happened I was told that as my daughter had turned 15 she was now considered 'concession' & no longer part of a family membership. As a result I was up for over $200 more than I had been advised.

What frustrated me was that I rang beforehand, but was given incorrect information.

To annoy me further I was informed that I had a week or so to make payment in full or my daughter's seat would be reallocated! As you can imagine, I was less than impressed with that advice; a complete lack of flexibility!

You would like to think that after 25 years of continuous membership, the club would be a bit more flexible in such circumstances.

There have been other instances where I have had to ring the membership department or administration staff with queries & they have been absolutely first class. A special mention here to Dave McNamara & Rachel Murphy; both really accommodating!

I guess alot depends on who you speak to. Generally I've found the staff who've been there a while are particularly switched on, but bringing concerns to the attention of the club will hopefully a) rectify such concerns & b) stop them happening in the future.

It must be a huge job trying to cater to the whim's of 30,000 members each with different concerns. On balance I feel the membership department do a terrific job.

If the whole 30,000 each have concerns the club is in real trouble.
Hopefully its not all! :D

KT31
26-02-2010, 12:08 AM
If the whole 30,000 each have concerns the club is in real trouble.
Hopefully its not all! :D

This is how some of the Hello girls problably view it and thats the issue.

immortalmike
26-02-2010, 12:17 AM
If you are attending the Family Day at the Whitten Oval, please call and see me at the WBFF marquee and I will take all the necessary details and try to fix this problem for you. We value all WB supporters highly. I will be pleased to personally take this matter up for you and see if we can fix the problem asap.

Thanks for your reply Susie. My dad and I will be going to the family day. I'll come see you at the marquee even if it’s just for a clarification of what happened.

Sorry to dampen the spirits around here guys I just wanted to vent a little, and since I'm not normally a rabble rouser I also just wanted to see if this sort of problem is widespread. Thankfully it doesn't seem to be common place. Anyway thanks for the replies and advice and I'll see you all at the game tomorrow, I'll be the large guy with the Ben Hudsonish beard (that I'm too damn lazy to shave) cheering for the doggies to give the Hawks an almighty shellacking.

immortalmike
26-02-2010, 12:29 AM
The bad attitude is unacceptable. Seems odd that you previously received a membership card with correct seating to then have it reneged. Would infer that you did pay for your seating prior to the early Dec cut off date so at face value would seem like some back end bungling.

The cut off date must be quite problematic for the membership team to administer as I understand they have many people on a waiting list who have requested particular seats, whether to move from their existing spot or add to their group but nothing can be done about filling these requests until the cut off date has passed. With that said, it's the attitude and a lack of willingness to look into possible alternatives that is wanting.

I'm not sure why I received the first membership card also. I'm fairly sure we did miss the cut off date though (I honestly had no idea about it), which is why we decided to cop the change.

My dad's telling me (I had left the room after the first response) that after some prodding alternatives were looked into but there wasn't much on offer. And he's usually quite good at negotiating a better deal for things.

mjp
26-02-2010, 01:18 AM
Anytime you want to do something a bit different with your package you will run into problems...at the bulldogs, at the bank, at any/every organisation you become part of that is dependent on IT solutions.

This is because computer programs are not written to support outliers - and program changes are only made following repeated requests. Sometimes, you will get an operator who knows the 'quirks' of the system and how to work through them...other times you will get someone who tells you that it cannot be done, or shouldn't be done, or that is the way it is etc....

I wouldn't be too upset by the operators off the cuff comment. Maybe it is inappropriate, but we have all said things we shouldn't when tired/stressed/under pressure. I think the important thing in all of this is that you do end up with seats at the footy to watch the team play. Escalating is one way to make this happen...a simple 'do you know xxxxx, she sorted all this out for us last year' is also a good way to go (random names work) - showing a precedent, indicating you understand that what you are asking for is tricky etc is a good way to go. Unfortunately the push/push back thing happens far too quickly in most conversations and everyone ends up dissatisfied.

By all means go to the tent on the weekend...but in my experience that booth is crowded and uncomfortable. I would try and resolve it on the phone before the weekend rolls around - just throw yourself on your sword, make it all your issue and be solely outcome focused (getting the seats sorted).

immortalmike
26-02-2010, 02:58 AM
Anytime you want to do something a bit different with your package you will run into problems...at the bulldogs, at the bank, at any/every organisation you become part of that is dependent on IT solutions.

This is because computer programs are not written to support outliers - and program changes are only made following repeated requests. Sometimes, you will get an operator who knows the 'quirks' of the system and how to work through them...other times you will get someone who tells you that it cannot be done, or shouldn't be done, or that is the way it is etc....

I wouldn't be too upset by the operators off the cuff comment. Maybe it is inappropriate, but we have all said things we shouldn't when tired/stressed/under pressure. I think the important thing in all of this is that you do end up with seats at the footy to watch the team play. Escalating is one way to make this happen...a simple 'do you know xxxxx, she sorted all this out for us last year' is also a good way to go (random names work) - showing a precedent, indicating you understand that what you are asking for is tricky etc is a good way to go. Unfortunately the push/push back thing happens far too quickly in most conversations and everyone ends up dissatisfied.

By all means go to the tent on the weekend...but in my experience that booth is crowded and uncomfortable. I would try and resolve it on the phone before the weekend rolls around - just throw yourself on your sword, make it all your issue and be solely outcome focused (getting the seats sorted).

I agree with a lot of what you say but I did not make any changes to my membership package, and it wasn't just an off the cuff comment it was a persistent rudeness throughout the entire call and the fact that my seating had been changed without my asking for it (not to mention without my notification either).

You are entirely right about the push/push back nature of these sorts of enquiries and next time I think I may have to handle the enquiry myself as I have a little more tolerance than my father who made the call (I was in the room).

Remi Moses
26-02-2010, 06:44 AM
Blimey you guys should try and roll over some super!:rolleyes:The problems with the WB membership pales into insignificance

aker39
26-02-2010, 08:54 AM

The staff members response is totally unacceptable, but you were made aware of the cut off date.

You may not have read it, but you would have been made aware.

It was noted in the last 2009 Bulldogs Magazine, and it was also noted in your membership renewal notice.

Topdog
26-02-2010, 12:19 PM
Blimey you guys should try and roll over some super!:rolleyes:The problems with the WB membership pales into insignificance

haha I just did that on my fourth attempt. 5 into 1 means I had to fill in the same stupid piece of paper 4 times and have 4 certified copies made. Good fun.

Doc26
26-02-2010, 12:27 PM
haha I just did that on my fourth attempt. 5 into 1 means I had to fill in the same stupid piece of paper 4 times and have 4 certified copies made. Good fun.

Is good to hear some people still have some super left ;)

BulldogBelle
26-02-2010, 01:26 PM
I wouldnt be so quick to blame the staff, but I would say that some of the processes and systems that they have in place dont make their jobs any easier...

Having memberships packs lost or not always sent out are either faults of the provisioning process, or the fault of the operator who didnt complete the order correctly

On a side note, here are some thoughts for driving membership...

- A referral program- refer a Dog and get a reward
- Pay the staff a commision for each membership sale they make
- Give all of the staff targets for each shift, week, month etc- pit one against the other- and reward the top performers- am sure some of the sponsors could throw in some prizes as well

immortalmike
26-02-2010, 01:57 PM
The staff members response is totally unacceptable, but you were made aware of the cut off date.

You may not have read it, but you would have been made aware.

It was noted in the last 2009 Bulldogs Magazine, and it was also noted in your membership renewal notice.

Yeah, fair enough. Although we never received a renewal notice (to be fair our Postie is bad). Also in our defense we have paid at around the same time every year and have never had problems and I thought things hadn't changed when I received my first membership with the same seats as the previous years. But you're right, next time I'm paying up in early December even if it means I'm dead broke.

The Coon Dog
26-02-2010, 02:00 PM
Yeah, fair enough. Although we never received a renewal notice (to be fair our Postie is bad). Also in our defense we have paid at around the same time every year and have never had problems and I thought things hadn't changed when I received my first membership with the same seats as the previous years. But you're right, next time I'm paying up in early December even if it means I'm dead broke.

Mine's set up so that each year on October 28 the club takes an annual payment via credit card. I never have to worry about doing anything (well apart from ensuring there are sufficient funds), takes care of itself (most years anyway).

LostDoggy
26-02-2010, 02:07 PM
I will ensure that Campbell Rose is alerted to this problem with a view to fixing this matter asap. Rest assured the Club will take this complaint very seriously. Each and every member is highly valued by the WB

Susie
I too had a problem where our seats were all of a sudden separated a few years ago. The staff at the time couldnt or wouldnt fix it so lucky we have good people around us and we sit together.My feelings on the staff is at times they seem like they are selling a bottle of milk at the milk bar and not passionate to the welfare of the members. I know I love the dogs perhaps the staff employed should be the same.PS sorry if all of a sudden you are our sounding board

The Coon Dog
26-02-2010, 02:14 PM
Susie
The staff at the time couldnt or wouldnt fix it so lucky we have good people around us and we sit together
Thanks hughy! ;)

immortalmike
26-02-2010, 02:17 PM
Mine's set up so that each year on October 28 the club takes an annual payment via credit card. I never have to worry about doing anything (well apart from ensuring there are sufficient funds), takes care of itself (most years anyway).

I think the only issue I have with that is that at that time of year I rarely have the funds to make the full payment. I'm just a hell of a lot more comfortable paying cash for things. That attitude seems to be the last residing remnant of my Italian heritage.

The Coon Dog
26-02-2010, 02:23 PM
I think the only issue I have with that is that at that time of year I rarely have the funds to make the full payment. I'm just a hell of a lot more comfortable paying cash for things. That attitude seems to be the last residing remnant of my Italian heritage.

I know what you mean. I have a bank account set up where I put money in each week to cover the BIG expenses. I just have to remember to transfer a chunk of it onto my Visa in late October. It's the only way I can afford it.

LostDoggy
26-02-2010, 03:21 PM
I am here to help whenever I can. If there is lack of customer service, then I want to hear about it. As I mentioned previously the WB executive take every member seriously and I want to sort this out. Again if any of you want to talk to me at the Family Day, please give me written details (no names if you wish) and I will take this matter up with the Club asap. Lets get this sorted out once and for all before the start of the home and away season.
________
Freexxx (http://www.****tube.com/)

LostDoggy
26-02-2010, 05:58 PM
I'm not sure why I received the first membership card also. I'm fairly sure we did miss the cut off date though (I honestly had no idea about it), which is why we decided to cop the change.

My dad's telling me (I had left the room after the first response) that after some prodding alternatives were looked into but there wasn't much on offer. And he's usually quite good at negotiating a better deal for things.

The AFL in their wisdom have out sourced memberships of ALL clubs and these come out of China, so the club is the meat in the sandwich here.
Take up Susie's offer for I am sure she will be able to sort it out for you.

LostDoggy
26-02-2010, 07:04 PM
thanks for that. I look forward to meeting fellow WB members on Sunday. Perhaps some of you will be at the football game tonight. I know I will be there Go Dogs
________
Starcraft 2 Replay (http://screplays.com/)

Topdog
27-02-2010, 12:44 PM
The AFL in their wisdom have out sourced memberships of ALL clubs and these come out of China, so the club is the meat in the sandwich here.
Take up Susie's offer for I am sure she will be able to sort it out for you.

I was wondering why my membership pack came from Hong Kong.

o1radiocat
03-03-2010, 04:51 PM
My experience with the Membership Call Centre has resulted in the Doggies losing 2 memberships this year.

I called to renew 2 memberships - 1 being long distance for myself, and the other for my mum. We join every year for the opportunity to have priority GF tix allocation.

When I called I was advised the social club is full therefore we wouldn't get priority tix allocation for the GF. I was disappointed that I hadn't been advised by the club at any time that a slow renewal would risk a place in the social club.

Being in Perth, where I see 1 game a year, 2 if I'm lucky (this year it's 1), I questioned the point in renewing the 2 memberships for this year. At this point, I expected the sales pitch about loyalty to the club, a compromise, a promise for next season....anything at all which would inspire me to spend hundreds of dollars despite getting very little to nothing of value in return, except for the hope in being able to attend the GF.

The end result was me hanging up the phone after a very non-chalant conversation, annoyed & disappointed that I was left feeling like the Dogs seem not to care whether I re-join, I know that's not true, it's just how I feel...

Have I missed notifications advising of the risks of not renewing early??
I didn't think so.

And as for the girl on the other end of the phone?
A useless waste of space and definitely not a great ambassador for the club.

So I guess, no membership for mum & I this year and I can't help but feel now that I don't want the Dogs in the GF (even though I really, really do). To wait this long and then miss out is heartbreaking....

The Adelaide Connection
03-03-2010, 08:28 PM
My experience with the Membership Call Centre has resulted in the Doggies losing 2 memberships this year.

I called to renew 2 memberships - 1 being long distance for myself, and the other for my mum. We join every year for the opportunity to have priority GF tix allocation.

When I called I was advised the social club is full therefore we wouldn't get priority tix allocation for the GF. I was disappointed that I hadn't been advised by the club at any time that a slow renewal would risk a place in the social club.

Being in Perth, where I see 1 game a year, 2 if I'm lucky (this year it's 1), I questioned the point in renewing the 2 memberships for this year. At this point, I expected the sales pitch about loyalty to the club, a compromise, a promise for next season....anything at all which would inspire me to spend hundreds of dollars despite getting very little to nothing of value in return, except for the hope in being able to attend the GF.

The end result was me hanging up the phone after a very non-chalant conversation, annoyed & disappointed that I was left feeling like the Dogs seem not to care whether I re-join, I know that's not true, it's just how I feel...

Have I missed notifications advising of the risks of not renewing early??
I didn't think so.

And as for the girl on the other end of the phone?
A useless waste of space and definitely not a great ambassador for the club.

So I guess, no membership for mum & I this year and I can't help but feel now that I don't want the Dogs in the GF (even though I really, really do). To wait this long and then miss out is heartbreaking....

Sorry to hear you missed out on Social club Radiocat. The club has never actually been in a position where the social club has sold out before the season started and they probably didn't anticipate this happening. Personally I made sure I got in super early as I figured there would be a heck of a lot more interest this year.

The club did realease information on the website about the social club selling fast on a few occasions and there were also a number of threads here. I understand your disappointment and really feel for you but at the same time I am not sure what else the club could have done. To ring every one of last years 10,000 Social Club members (or even mail them) is just not really feasible, especially at a time when they have been flat out renewing, answering questions and dealing with all the little teething problems.

Like I have mentioned before, I have been lucky that all my dealings with the membership department have been very positive but I know this is not the case for all. It is extremely worrying that there is someone/s representing our club that is leaving a bad taste in peoples mouths. We really can't afford to have members turned away and that will happen if they have been treated like another number. The encouraging part is that there are people like Suz, and I wager a crapload more, that are passionate and have a genuine love of this great club and are being proactive in trying to stop this sort of thing from happening.

You must appreciate it is a very difficult thing to police and shy of standing next to every opertator and listening it is never going to be a foolproof system. I think we also need to help the process by taking note of who we are speaking to, asking for management if we are unhappy, or ringing back directly after any bad experiences to report them. Slowly but surely this behaviour could be mostly weeded out.

Lastly I hope you don't let one rude person (who is an employee and doesn't even necessarily support our club) stop you from enjoying this great club. Like you I am a long distance member and in terms of games attended I don't really get value out of my membership either. Last year I did fly over for quite a few games but previously I would be lucky to get over for one. But I do love this club and I love watching them on TV and know that they need my support. I would totally understand if you didn't renew your membership, but don't let that decision be based on the actions of one rude person.

BulldogBelle
03-03-2010, 08:42 PM
Hey guys, I thought I would ask my question here as it is definitely not thread worthy.

I've just received my social club membership pack today and I seem to be accidentally missing the ''Stationary & Textiles" part of the package.

I'm not one to bother the club (or any organization really) with anything insignificant, and I was just wondering whether I've missed out on anything worth mentioning or whether I should just leave it as is.

I'd never bother the club for something insignificant, so I'm just seeking the opinion of you guys who got the full gear.

I must say that in my many years of dealings with the club they've always been fantastic and I have never had any issues. go dogs

Topdog
03-03-2010, 08:59 PM
its comes in 2 separate packs ST 07.

My social club card comes with no barcode which I found odd (am an AFL member with Bulldogs club support)

comrade
03-03-2010, 09:07 PM
Sorry to hear you missed out on Social Club, but as TAC mentioned, there were numerous 'hurry up' type updates issued via the official Western Bulldogs website.

The attitude of the employee is no where near good enough, so I'd suggest you contact the club direct and inform them of your experience, though by posting here, you'll probably find that a club representative will be made aware of your issue.

mjp
03-03-2010, 11:47 PM
Being in Perth, where I see 1 game a year, 2 if I'm lucky (this year it's 1), I questioned the point in renewing the 2 memberships for this year.

I'm in Perth. I have a (lot of) memberships. I get nothing of value in return. I have social club.

There were tonnes of reminders. The attitude might not have been what you wanted - but full is full.

And by the way, you can ALWAYS get a grand final ticket.

aker39
04-03-2010, 09:12 AM
My social club card comes with no barcode which I found odd (am an AFL member with Bulldogs club support)

They've finally cottoned on to it.:eek:

aker39
04-03-2010, 09:17 AM
There were tonnes of reminders.

Absolutely there were.

My mum wouldn't even know how to turn a computer on, but she new when the close off was for previous years social club members to guarantee their social club membership for 2010.

The details were given in the membership renewal information that every 2009 member was sent.

It was mentioned in the last 2009 Bulldog Magazine.

If you don't read the information that the club sends you, don't claim the club for missing your chance of renewing social club membership.

And if you don't like reading the information, then set up the automatic renewal.

Greystache
04-03-2010, 10:01 AM
One of the frustrations I've had with the membership call centre is it's really obvious they have minimum call and average handling time targets. They try to get you off the phone as quick as humanly possible. I upgraded to a Social Club membership on January 11 and as of yesterday still didn’t hadn’t received anything, so I called up and in the space of 30 seconds I was told “it should’ve been sent, we’ll send another, good bye”, I interrupted and asked how long it would take, to which I got while still in the process of hanging up, “if you haven’t received it in a month’s time call back, goodbye”.

So basically if I don’t have my social club card by round 2, call back and they’ll try and get it to me by round 6. Glad I didn’t wait till March to renew or I wouldn’t get it until the finals!

Bulldog4life
04-03-2010, 11:03 AM
Absolutely there were.

My mum wouldn't even know how to turn a computer on, but she new when the close off was for previous years social club members to guarantee their social club membership for 2010.

The details were given in the membership renewal information that every 2009 member was sent.

It was mentioned in the last 2009 Bulldog Magazine.

If you don't read the information that the club sends you, don't claim the club for missing your chance of renewing social club membership.

And if you don't like reading the information, then set up the automatic renewal.

That's why I do and it works like a dream. You don't have to worry about cut off dates or missing out. Can't understand why the supporters, who don't read all the literature that is sent to them by the Club, don't use it.

LostDoggy
04-03-2010, 04:51 PM
Automatic renewal is the go, but until this year, it did not happen despite my filling in the form for it to be so. When I rang the office I was assisted in a polite and interested fashion. Problem fixed and me feeling valued. That's what customer relations should always be about.

The Adelaide Connection
04-03-2010, 10:28 PM
Automatic renewal is the go, but until this year, it did not happen despite my filling in the form for it to be so. When I rang the office I was assisted in a polite and interested fashion. Problem fixed and me feeling valued. That's what customer relations should always be about.

In reality the experience for most is probably positive. Unfortunately it is usually only the times when there are problems and when people are angry that they can be bothered giving feedback. It's the same old story in most fields and I guess it is human nature.

Remi Moses
04-03-2010, 10:37 PM

Ditto same here. Sick to death in filling in forms

LostDoggy
05-03-2010, 01:04 PM
its comes in 2 separate packs ST 07.

I'm also an AFL member with Western Bulldogs club support. When I joined the social club I received another WB membership card, but this time it notes I'm in the social club on the front, while on the back it has a barcode.

Topdog
05-03-2010, 03:21 PM
Im going to ring and find out why I have no barcode.

I will need it if we make the GF surely.

LostDoggy
05-03-2010, 03:55 PM
And by the way, you can ALWAYS get a grand final ticket.

Hi mjp, interested in this comment -- can you please elaborate?

aker39
05-03-2010, 05:26 PM

Pretty simple really. If you're prepared to pay, you can get a ticket.

mjp
05-03-2010, 07:10 PM

I was in Melbourne for 3 years and went to the GF every year. I never found getting a ticket all that hard...one year it was standing room but I was still there.

If you want to get 2 together (more is impossible) that is somewhat harder but still achieveable...you just need to get on the phone and start making some calls. I admit I probably have a few more footy contacts than most, but never found it all that difficult and never had to pay above ticket price.

Topdog
05-03-2010, 07:46 PM
Im going to ring and find out why I have no barcode.

I will need it if we make the GF surely.

Arrived today.

I called the membership department and they were helpful. Told me that all AFL members get a membership card from the club with no barcode just to symbolise that you are a member. Then you get another one if you sign up for social club.

Nuggety Back Pocket
05-03-2010, 08:01 PM
Hey guys,

I fully understand your frustrations as I similarly had problems over a number of years.
Recommend you call Nicole at Memberships on 9643 1742. I have found her excellent to deal with.

LostDoggy
06-03-2010, 10:24 AM
I was in Melbourne for 3 years and went to the GF every year. I never found getting a ticket all that hard...one year it was standing room but I was still there.

If you want to get 2 together (more is impossible) that is somewhat harder but still achieveable...you just need to get on the phone and start making some calls. I admit I probably have a few more footy contacts than most, but never found it all that difficult and never had to pay above ticket price.

That's true in what you are saying MJP but most of us here do not have as many options as you have to source a GF ticket so this year could you remember that us woofers, 352 of us would like one too.

LostDoggy
12-03-2010, 09:01 PM
Have rang them 4 times now to get my contact info right, and then today the lady tried to rush me through the phone call. Because she was trying to rush me, she got my identity totally wrong & starting change information for someone else. My last name starts with Mac & yet she was saying Mc to me, i had to tell her i was a different person & she had it all wrong.

After finally clarifying my last name with her, she then said my address was Kemp Court, even though the last three times in rang up & said Kent Court. Very frustrating people down there dealing the phones, finally (hopefully) got it all sorted.

Topdog
13-03-2010, 09:35 AM
I can't remember with 100% certainty but can't you change all that info on the members part of the website?

The Coon Dog
13-03-2010, 09:53 AM
I can't remember with 100% certainty but can't you change all that info on the members part of the website?

Sure can Topdog.

Go to Membership, when the drop down menu appears click on My Bulldogs Account. A new page opens up (create an account or sign in), then select edit profile & make the necessary changes.

Might want to go there JH40 & see if your address is now correct.

LostDoggy
13-03-2010, 10:43 AM
Thanks people, will definitely check it out.

LostDoggy
15-03-2010, 12:57 PM
A positive experience to report - I rang the club last week as is seemed an extra payment had come off my credit card (I pay monthly in installments). It was for $30 so a different amount. The lady I spoke to started to look up my information, and mentioned that the only $30 charge could be a pet membership. I had forgotten that I'd signed my dog up at the Family Day!! :o She saw the funny side of it too. :)