PDA

View Full Version : Rookie Brodie Moles set for Western Bulldogs opener

The Coon Dog
01-03-2010, 09:08 AM
Mark Stevens - Herald Sun - 1 March

http://resources3.news.com.au/images/2010/03/01/1225835/394515-brodie-moles.jpg

ROOKIE Brodie Moles could be a shock addition to the Western Bulldogs for Round 1.

Moles, impressive in the Dogs' two NAB Cup wins, is well placed to be be promoted to the senior list at the expense of injured draftee Christian Howard.

The Dogs today will file paperwork with the AFL to have Howard, pick No. 15 in last year's draft, placed on the long-term injury list.

Article in full... (http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/rookie-brodie-moles-set-for-western-bulldogs-opener/story-e6frf9jf-1225835393859)

LostDoggy
01-03-2010, 03:22 PM
Has shown enough to be given a chance, good luck Brodie.

AndrewP6
01-03-2010, 07:05 PM
Good luck to him, I reckon he's good value.

LostDoggy
01-03-2010, 07:17 PM
Deserves a chance. Well done Brodie.

mjp
01-03-2010, 10:39 PM
Excellent. Moles in.

Who doesn't play then? (And I am not suggesting Moles selection isn't warranted, it is just that someone must therefore be in the gun).

Before I Die
01-03-2010, 10:52 PM
Excellent. Moles in.

Who doesn't play then? (And I am not suggesting Moles selection isn't warranted, it is just that someone must therefore be in the gun).

I don't think this signifies Moles in Round 1, but it does indicate the coaches believe he is ready and able to play and they want him available if needed.

I hope Moles makes it as an AFL footballer. However, clearly Geelong had a good long look and found him wanting. At this stage he improves our depth, if available, but as with mjp, unless there are injuries, I don't see whose place he would take for Round 1.

Go_Dogs
01-03-2010, 11:03 PM
unless there are injuries, I don't see whose place he would take for Round 1.

I tend to agree and would have him just outside our best 22. Will be interesting to see how he goes over the next couple of weeks because another solid outing and he could well pencil his name in.

chef
02-03-2010, 08:15 AM
Excellent. Moles in.

Pick three of these guys to fill our bench Addison, Callan, Everitt, Picken, Moles, Ward, Eagleton, and Hill.

FB Harbrow Lake Morris
HB Hargrave Williams Gilbee
C Griffen Cross Higgins
HF Johnson Murphy Giansiracusa
FF Hahn Hall Aker
RR Hudson Cooney Boyd
IN Minson ### *** !!!

LostDoggy
02-03-2010, 08:27 AM
Hill, Ward, picken for me. But eagle will prob get in before hill

Bulldog4life
02-03-2010, 09:43 AM
I don't think this signifies Moles in Round 1, but it does indicate the coaches believe he is ready and able to play and they want him available if needed.

I hope Moles makes it as an AFL footballer. However, clearly Geelong had a good long look and found him wanting. At this stage he improves our depth, if available, but as with mjp, unless there are injuries, I don't see whose place he would take for Round 1.

He wouldn't be the first player to be let go by a Club and be successful at another Club. There are many names on that list.

Mantis
02-03-2010, 09:49 AM

From reports you hear that the Geelong recruiters were keen to promote him onto the senior list, but at least one member of the MC wasn't... and I guess that's all it takes.

aker39
02-03-2010, 12:04 PM
... and I guess that's all it takes.

Especially when that one member is the senior member

LongWait
02-03-2010, 05:10 PM
I tend to agree and would have him just outside our best 22. Will be interesting to see how he goes over the next couple of weeks because another solid outing and he could well pencil his name in.

I'm with you Griff - Moles is not in our best 22 if everyone is available, but how often does a team go through more than half a dozen games with every one of its' best 22 available for every game? Moles and other fringe players need to persevere - there chance will most likely come - Picken is a case in point.

chef
02-03-2010, 05:13 PM
I'm with you Griff - Moles is not in our best 22 if everyone is available, but how often does a team go through more than half a dozen games with every one of its' best 22 available for every game? Moles and other fringe players need to persevere - there chance will most likely come - Picken is a case in point.

He might not be in ours, but he could be in Rockets. Eade is going to disappoint a few players come round 1 and there is going to be a lot of pressure to perform to stay in the side.

LongWait
02-03-2010, 05:13 PM
Just noticed a typo in my post ^^. I don't have the option to edit though - is that because I'm still on the Rookie List?

LongWait
02-03-2010, 05:14 PM
He might not be in ours, but he could be in Rockets. Eade is going to disappoint a few players come round 1.

Excellent point Chef.

EasternWest
02-03-2010, 06:38 PM
Well, regardless of whether he bumps someone or not I just hope that if his chance comes he shines. There are never too many football cinderella stories. Good luck Brodie.

Bulldog Revolution
02-03-2010, 06:55 PM
I love our former rookies: Boyd, Morris, Harbrow, Picken and now Moles

He certainly looks a very good player, good hands, good skills and a really quick brain

I think it definitely puts pressure on a few

KT31
02-03-2010, 09:56 PM
Good luck Brodie.
Could not have picked a better year at the Dogs to try and break into the seniors and give us a little more depth.

LostDoggy
02-03-2010, 10:35 PM
Bodie Has shown some strong form and I for 1 would love to see him get a guernsey, But who will he replace?? Johnno?? I doubt it. Williams? Is he Fit yet??? (but wrong position). Maybe Hill? Rocket's reminder that you come back to preseason not FAT.

LostDoggy
03-03-2010, 11:02 AM
So much depth, it's a pleasant dilemma.

LostDoggy
03-03-2010, 04:58 PM
Hes shown great form in the NAB Cup and desevers a crack.

LostDoggy
03-03-2010, 05:02 PM
Hes shown great form in the NAB Cup and desevers a crack.

Who do you think will miss out?

I can't see Moles playing round 1, he is a fair way back behind proven players and unless a couple of them have had very bad preseasons that i don't know about i doubt he will force them out.