PDA

View Full Version : Centimetre Perfect Breakfast

LostDoggy
06-03-2010, 12:38 PM
I had just ordered some greasy morning-after breakfast at a cafe in Degraves St today when Dennis Commetti sat down at the next table. Conversation went straight to last night's match.
DC was impressed with the performances of Brodie Moles, Daniel Cross and Barry Hall in particular.
He was not impressed by the size of the crowd though. Found it to be embarrassingly small but he alluded to the early confusion at the beginning of the week as to where the game was being held.
As soon as I mentioned my trademark (mohawk) he remembered me from several previous games and has promised to comment on it next time I show up in any future footage.
DC was full of praise for the Bulldogs and thinks that this is our year. Let us all hope that that call is "centimetre perfect." :D

G-Mo77
06-03-2010, 12:47 PM
He was not impressed by the size of the crowd though. Found it to be embarrassingly small but he alluded to the early confusion at the beginning of the week as to where the game was being held.

It's all I expected. Wasn't the crowd like 11K last week against the Hawks? The whole NAB cup attendance figures have been pretty poor all around.

LostDoggy
06-03-2010, 12:49 PM
It's all I expected. Wasn't the crowd like 11K last week against the Hawks? The whole NAB cup attendance figures have been pretty poor all around.

From memory it was 17K vs Hawks

Go_Dogs
06-03-2010, 12:50 PM

In fairness, last year there was a lot of sentiment and support around the NAB Cup because of the bush fires, everyone was coming along, getting behind the cause and showing support. I attended our opener against Essendon, and it was just about a full house IIRC.

G-Mo77
06-03-2010, 12:58 PM
From memory it was 17K vs Hawks

Yep you are right, my bad. 17,222 to be exact. It was the Saints/Sydney game that drew only 11K.

mighty_west
06-03-2010, 02:06 PM

Sounds like a very interesting Brekky you had there DaDruid.

Probably a few reasons why the crowd was pretty small, with what Dennis said, plus the fact that coaches really play down the pre season comp, and that all gets back to supporters, heck, some don't even want their teams to win because it might compromise the season proper.

Plus, we all fork out alot of money for memberships, yet we all still have to pay to attend these glorified praccy matches as well, you'll always get the hardcore supporters at these games, but perhaps not the other not so passionate supporter.

soupman
06-03-2010, 05:18 PM
It could also be because of the short notice. Friday nights are typically an "event" night and if you have less than a weeks notice it can be hard to organise attendance, and often it's not really worth cancelling something to go to a "glorified practice match".

BulldogBelle
06-03-2010, 05:24 PM
Did he happen to be sipping on a half man half cappuccino?

comrade
06-03-2010, 05:26 PM
Did he happen to be sipping on a half man half cappuccino?

Surely that would be inappropriate in public? ;)

chef
06-03-2010, 06:32 PM
What did Dennis eat?

Bumper Bulldogs
07-03-2010, 10:34 PM
DC was impressed with the performances of Brodie Moles, Daniel Cross and Barry Hall in particular.
DC was full of praise for the Bulldogs and thinks that this is our year. Let us all hope that that call is "centimetre perfect." :D

Did you hit him up for a membership?

Remi Moses
07-03-2010, 10:36 PM
I had just ordered some greasy morning-after breakfast at a cafe in Degraves St today when Dennis Commetti sat down at the next table. Conversation went straight to last night's match.
As soon as I mentioned my trademark (mohawk) he remembered me from several previous games and has promised to comment on it next time I show up in any future footage.

How long does it take you to get the hair centimetre perfect?

Flamethrower
08-03-2010, 12:58 AM
I was a little surprised at how small the crowd was too, not that it worried me too much as it made it a breeze to get out of the carpark.

I think a lot of fans just assumed that the game would be played in Adelaide, (as that is what the club was spruiking at the family day) so they took advantage of the last long weekend before the footy season and headed out of town. I know that virtually every one of my work collegues that wasn't rostered to work over the weekend left town Friday night.

chef
08-03-2010, 09:41 AM
I was a little surprised at how small the crowd was too, not that it worried me too much as it made it a breeze to get out of the carpark.

I think a lot of fans just assumed that the game would be played in Adelaide, (as that is what the club was spruiking at the family day) so they took advantage of the last long weekend before the footy season and headed out of town. I know that virtually every one of my work collegues that wasn't rostered to work over the weekend left town Friday night.

I reckon i fed most of them in Echuca this weekend.

LostDoggy
09-03-2010, 01:23 PM
What did Dennis eat?

He didn't eat, just had coffee and newspapers.

LostDoggy
09-03-2010, 01:26 PM
Did you hit him up for a membership?

Sorry, didn't think to do that. Still had beer goggles on at that stage.:o

LostDoggy
09-03-2010, 01:28 PM
How long does it take you to get the hair centimetre perfect?

It takes me around 1 1/2 hours to do myself, About the same when the hairdresser does it but I get them to do more intricate colour patterns and stencilling which is rather time consuming.