PDA

View Full Version : SA Western Supporters - NAB GF Venue

LostDoggy
09-03-2010, 06:23 PM
Western Bulldogs Supporters Group will be meeting at The Little Pub Just Off Hindley Street for the NAB Cup GF from 6pm this Saturday night, the coverage begins at 7:00pm until 9:30pm, all are welcome.

Keepa Movin' Griff
09-03-2010, 06:45 PM
Hi people's

I am moving to Adelaide on the 18th March from the Gold Coast, would be great to get to know some people over there, especially ones who love the doggies as much as i do. Do you congregate very often to watch the games?

LostDoggy
10-03-2010, 12:25 AM
Hi people's

I am moving to Adelaide on the 18th March from the Gold Coast, would be great to get to know some people over there, especially ones who love the doggies as much as i do. Do you congregate very often to watch the games?

We try to KMG and I will try to keepposting on here but we also send a text message out to all members in SA and we have an email list so PM me your email AND ...there is a facebook page if your into that sort of thing...
http://www.facebook.com/pages/SA-Western-Bulldogs/25734696188

Throughandthrough
10-03-2010, 09:31 AM
I didn't know there's a facebook page!

Hooray

NB can't make it this weekend, Clipsalling all weekend

and KMF. what suburb are you moving to here? It's compulsory to also follow an SANFL team. I use and recommend the Glenelg FC!

LostDoggy
10-03-2010, 09:34 AM
Western Bulldogs Supporters Group will be meeting at The Little Pub Just Off Hindley Street for the NAB Cup GF from 6pm this Saturday night, the coverage begins at 7:00pm until 9:30pm, all are welcome.

Hi Marcov

I hope that goose St Kilda supporter is not there this time. Lucky he didn't find himself watching from the drip tray on the night of the Preliminary Final

Mantis
10-03-2010, 09:41 AM
I hope that goose St Kilda supporter is not there this time. Lucky he didn't find himself watching from the drip tray on the night of the Preliminary Final

You can take the boy out of the Western Suburbs, but you can't... You know the rest. :D

LostDoggy
10-03-2010, 10:48 AM
You can take the boy out of the Western Suburbs, but you can't... You know the rest. :D

Unfortunately, when we say all are welcome... we get some opposition supporters which would have been extra special had we got up for the win, I wasn't at that particular show but sounds like the chap was playing with fire. There was some talk of doing a combo show with the Pies supporter group last year for that match but I could only see that turning real ugly...

T&T, seeing as you are at the clipsal and in the city you may as well come up after the race and before you go back to see Shannon Noll...

Throughandthrough
10-03-2010, 11:25 AM
T&T, seeing as you are at the clipsal and in the city you may as well come up after the race and before you go back to see Shannon Noll...

lol, he's my favourite too!

(NOT)

Have my young fella with me for 3 of the 4 days, so have to deliver him home.

Keepa Movin' Griff
10-03-2010, 08:09 PM
Hi Through and Through,

I will be staying in the City for a while until i find a place to rent. Glenelg is a magic spot, actually wouldn't mind looking for an appartment there; however, living so close to the Grand may have some unfortunate side effects:) I actually think i went to the Little Pub referrenced in this thread, when i was last down for an interview, is it the one that is in the same lane as the Pancake joint?

Anyway i have moved around a fair bit in my time and have found the best approach to picking a local team is to stick to the Bulldogs mascot, lol, i think it may be the Centrals in SA?? I have also found in my time, that any team named Centrals are ussually feral, so i'm still happy to be persuaded.

Thanks lads, look forward to meeting you all sometime, possibly Rnd 1!!!

Throughandthrough
10-03-2010, 09:33 PM
Hi Through and Through,

I will be staying in the City for a while until i find a place to rent. Glenelg is a magic spot, actually wouldn't mind looking for an appartment there; however, living so close to the Grand may have some unfortunate side effects:) I actually think i went to the Little Pub referrenced in this thread, when i was last down for an interview, is it the one that is in the same lane as the Pancake joint?

Anyway i have moved around a fair bit in my time and have found the best approach to picking a local team is to stick to the Bulldogs mascot, lol, i think it may be the Centrals in SA?? I have also found in my time, that any team named Centrals are ussually feral, so i'm still happy to be persuaded.

Thanks lads, look forward to meeting you all sometime, possibly Rnd 1!!!

Bah, ignore CDFC

Yes they have won 8 of the last 10 flags, but their oval is a gazillion miles from the city, and ALL their supporters are unemployed, tattoo wearing crack addicts with tattoos and bad attitudes ;) . Your car will get stolen every week, and your clothes will be set on fire by flare throwing soccer hooligans.

Glenelg is a FAR more wholesome, welcoming club, which plays a great brand of footy (unless we play Centrals when we allways lose). Oh, and ALL our female supporters are really hot, whereas ALL the CDFC female fans weigh at least 28 stone, and have 7 kids to 7 different dads. (all of whom are locked up)

But seriously, when you are settled in Adelaide, drop me a pm and catch an SANFL game, I'll introduce you to about 80 people, is a great day out! I may even buy you a beer.

And yes, thats the pub next to the Pancake kitchen!

The Adelaide Connection
10-03-2010, 10:03 PM
Bah, ignore CDFC

Yes they have won 8 of the last 10 flags, but their oval is a gazillion miles from the city, and ALL their supporters are unemployed, tattoo wearing crack addicts with tattoos and bad attitudes ;) . Your car will get stolen every week, and your clothes will be set on fire by flare throwing soccer hooligans.

Glenelg is a FAR more wholesome, welcoming club, which plays a great brand of footy (unless we play Centrals when we allways lose). Oh, and ALL our female supporters are really hot, whereas ALL the CDFC female fans weigh at least 28 stone, and have 7 kids to 7 different dads. (all of whom are locked up)

But seriously, when you are settled in Adelaide, drop me a pm and catch an SANFL game, I'll introduce you to about 80 people, is a great day out! I may even buy you a beer.

Hey wait a minute, I am a CDFC fan. How dare you stereotype me like that, my drug dealing classes me as "self-employed", the girls I pick up mostly only have a maximum of "four kids with different Dads" and my car doesn't get stolen every week because I haven't had one for months. It was stolen.

Your just jealous because A) Rats tails aren't shit hot fashion in Glenelg
and B) My club has won more flags in the last ten years than I have teeth in my mouth....8.

Take that T and T.

p.s. For the record I am NOT a drug dealer. I thought I would just clear that up before i get a call from the Education Department :)

Keepa Movin' Griff
10-03-2010, 10:21 PM
Hahaha, you got me with the hot female supporters! My Grandma god rest her soul always thought that we shouldn't make female Doggie merchandise in larger than a size 12, so all the other teams thought we had smokin' hot fans, lol. All kinds of Politically incorrect, but you had too laugh!

Will definately take you up on that offer t&t, but i still can't quite grasp the SANFL acronym, surely if a league is confined to state borders it cannot be referred to as National!!

BTW, does anyone know of recreational team that is after players? I haven't played in about 5 years, so probably after a lower type grade, but i'm 6 5" and 24 years old, which sound like desireable stats, lol!

LostDoggy
10-03-2010, 10:52 PM
Bah, ignore CDFC

Aaaah T&T I follow Centrals but I live in the Marion area. I invite all the boys down from Elizabeth to steal cars from the chardonnay drinkers out at the bay so we can pick up the Glenelg girls on Jetty road.

Seriously, you dont have to live in the bronx to follow the dogs and you would be safer at games in doggies colours. 10 Grand finals in 10 years has to count for something.

Keepa Movin' Griff
10-03-2010, 11:02 PM
10 Grand finals in 10 years has to count for something.

Obviously not true Bulldogs, lol!

LostDoggy
11-03-2010, 09:54 AM
BTW, does anyone know of recreational team that is after players?
!

Glenelg!

LostDoggy
11-03-2010, 09:58 AM
Aaaah T&T I follow Centrals but I live in the Marion area. I invite all the boys down from Elizabeth to steal cars from the chardonnay drinkers out at the bay so we can pick up the Glenelg girls on Jetty road.

Seriously, you dont have to live in the bronx to follow the dogs and you would be safer at games in doggies colours. 10 Grand finals in 10 years has to count for something.

And I follow Centrals and live at Seacombe Heights. In fact I can see the Glenelg Oval from my dining room.

Always enjoy playing the Sea Lice

LostDoggy
11-03-2010, 02:04 PM
And I follow Centrals and live at Seacombe Heights. In fact I can see the Glenelg Oval from my dining room.

Always enjoy playing the Sea Lice

Hey you are not far from me at all, I am at Seaview Downs now, I have a similar view but the crows nest on Brighton Jetty is far more prominent than Glenelg oval...

Sockeye Salmon
11-03-2010, 06:23 PM
Glenelg wear Richmond colours! Yuck!

The Adelaide Connection
11-03-2010, 06:45 PM
Glenelg wear Richmond colours! Yuck!

Yeah and also I don't care what anyone says, "Eye of the Tiger" is the most overrated, overhyped piece of crap ever. "Eye of the Bulldog" would have made it marginally better. But seriously, I bet the whiney vocalist has never played a competitive game in his life. You could have put "Strawberry Kisses" by Nikki Webster in Rocky and people would claim it pumps them up.

Throughandthrough
11-03-2010, 09:27 PM
Glenelg!

That's actually funny.

Hey, we have a recruit, Kane Tenace!

What could possibly go wrong!

He's actually a top bloke, I had a chat to him on Sunday.

NB we should all organise to catch up at a CDFC vs Glenelg game at the Bay.