PDA

View Full Version : Riewoldt the new Lloyd

Remi Moses
14-03-2010, 04:29 PM
Just had a gutful of the sight of Riewoldt with his arms spread DIVING forward on basically NO contact. It's reaching Lloyd proportions and that free kick was an absolute disgrace:mad:

LostDoggy
14-03-2010, 04:36 PM
The free kick was for a chop of the arms by Morris, wasn't it?

Pickenitup
14-03-2010, 04:40 PM
I couldnt believe that was a Free Kick very slight contact but Riewoldt milks it for all its worth
Remember the Prelim Acting by Rooey

GVGjr
14-03-2010, 04:49 PM
Just had a gutful of the sight of Riewoldt with his arms spread DIVING forward on basically NO contact. It's reaching Lloyd proportions and that free kick was an absolute disgrace:mad:

I don't think he plays for frees that much at all and I wouldn't be blaming him for an umpire making an error.

Sockeye Salmon
14-03-2010, 04:55 PM
I don't think he plays for frees that much at all and I wouldn't be blaming him for an umpire making an error.

I think he plays for frees way too much, perhaps I would to if I got them given to me so often.

Regardless, anyone who gets a fairy tap and goes down as if shot deserves no respect.

Go_Dogs
14-03-2010, 05:17 PM

He's a talented player, but the umpires make it very hard to like him.

I think he is certainly in the protected category with Ablett and a couple of others who seem to get the free kicks that others don't. There was at least one occasion last night where Morris was in front, and got his arms chopped from behind by Riewoldt and of course, no free kick was fourth coming. If it had been Morris behind and Riewoldt in front, different story 9/10 times.

I don't think he tends to play for frees all that often, but the dive in the preliminary final certainly sticks in the mind as being a pretty obvious case of taking the dive. Hell, if our players were going to get those frees, I'd tell them to dive too.

GVGjr
14-03-2010, 05:50 PM
I think he plays for frees way too much, perhaps I would to if I got them given to me so often.

Regardless, anyone who gets a fairy tap and goes down as if shot deserves no respect.

He got one free kick for the night didn't he which clearly was an umpiring error.
If he is playing for them all the time as people are suggesting then obviously he's very poor at it and opposition teams will reap the rewards.

AndrewP6
14-03-2010, 06:15 PM
He may not "play" for the frees, but he's a golden boy in the umpires eyes, and he's as soft as custard. Love seeing the big ponce crying. All the bumping last night between BAZZA and his opponents, and I don't think one was penalised. Yet Custard goes down in a strong Preliminary Final breeze, and it's like he's been shot. And it gifts them a GF spot.

The Coon Dog
14-03-2010, 07:03 PM
For the 2 hours when we're playing them, can't stand him, but by God he works his arse off for his team. Just never stops running, has a great tank, but can undo all his good work with kicking for goal.

EasternWest
14-03-2010, 07:12 PM
Ray Chamberlain loves the controversial call. I have no problem with Riewoldt at all and have never seen his playing for a free kick any worse than Johnno's (and FWIW I don't think Johnno is that bad. I mean, he does ham them up, but he also gets hammered a lot).

It was clearly a terrible decision. Was it Griffen that got pushed into Riewoldt? I think it was, but stand to be corrected. Anyway, the contact between he and Riewoldt was fairly forceful and it certainly wasn't the fact that it put Riewoldt down that outraged me.

F*&king Ray Chamberlain.

GVGjr
14-03-2010, 07:13 PM
For the 2 hours when we're playing them, can't stand him, but by God he works his arse off for his team. Just never stops running, has a great tank, but can undo all his good work with kicking for goal.

I think he's a great player and like you do I think he's works as hard as any player in the competition. Playing a bit for frees is par for the course.

Remi Moses
14-03-2010, 07:16 PM

Thats what I think . He's a great player but really the throwing the arms out is becoming an annoying habit

EasternWest
14-03-2010, 07:17 PM
He may not "play" for the frees, but he's a golden boy in the umpires eyes, and he's as soft as custard. Love seeing the big ponce crying. All the bumping last night between BAZZA and his opponents, and I don't think one was penalised. Yet Custard goes down in a strong Preliminary Final breeze, and it's like he's been shot. And it gifts them a GF spot.

Geez Andrew, you're a tough judge!!!

He gets twelve feet in the air and gloves them without ever thinking of letting go to protect himself.

And did you see just how hard he ran last night after contesting in the midfield and then burning Morris to cinders with pure gut running to get back into the forward 50 for a lead?

He's a freak. You're definitely right that he's a golden boy, but it's pretty tough to call him soft.

However I share your bitterness over that PF incident. In fact, I take it all back. Screw the Roo!:)

LostDoggy
14-03-2010, 08:43 PM
Geez Andrew, you're a tough judge!!!

He gets twelve feet in the air and gloves them without ever thinking of letting go to protect himself.

And did you see just how hard he ran last night after contesting in the midfield and then burning Morris to cinders with pure gut running to get back into the forward 50 for a lead?

He's a freak. You're definitely right that he's a golden boy, but it's pretty tough to call him soft.

However I share your bitterness over that PF incident. In fact, I take it all back. Screw the Roo!:)

Ahh dfa4pm - good to see you have a balanced outlook!!:p

Remi Moses
14-03-2010, 09:10 PM
Johnno does it also on the odd occassion. Brent Harvey another one, I don't think riewoldt is soft mighty fine footballer. Gee they need a new target up forward everything goes to riewoldt

The Adelaide Connection
15-03-2010, 12:48 AM
The Prelim incident aside I agree with the sentiment that he doesn't go out of his way to play up for free kicks. The incident last night that gave the Saints their first goal had nothing to do with what he did, it was purely the umpires terrible call.

But there lies the problem. He is an absolute champion yet he attracts some of the softest free kicks whilst other players get overlooked for the far more obvious ones. It is exactly the same for Gary Ablett.

It seems that once a players profile hits "superelite megastardom" the umpires just "expect" them to win an individual contest and if they don't, well there must have been an infringement. The one that really boils my blood is that the umpires will let Ablett spin around 75 times with nine blokes holding onto him and still wont call holding the ball (expecting that he will be able to get it out).

MrMahatma
15-03-2010, 03:30 AM
http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n250/Gooka1/Roodiver.jpg

The Underdog
15-03-2010, 06:18 AM
Johnno does it also on the odd occassion. Brent Harvey another one, I don't think riewoldt is soft mighty fine footballer. Gee they need a new target up forward everything goes to riewoldt

Johnno has got into the habit of playing for the free way too much in the past few years.
I thought that the free to Riewoldt was a terrible decision although I wasn't sure if he played for it or not.
I also walked out of that game convinced he's the best player in the competition.

chef
15-03-2010, 08:16 AM
Johnno has got into the habit of playing for the free way too much in the past few years.
I thought that the free to Riewoldt was a terrible decision although I wasn't sure if he played for it or not.
I also walked out of that game convinced he's the best player in the competition.

I couldn't agree more, every player dives at some stage and it's up to the umpires not to pay these free kicks.

Griffen got his nine pointer against Port last week because he threw his head and arms back when he was touched without the ball, then Cassisi swore at the umpire and gave away a 50. Griffen then scored a nine pointer, which you could argue affected the result of the game.

I am a Riewoldt fan, I only hate him when he plays against us and if I could add any player in the league to our team it would be him.

aker39
15-03-2010, 08:42 AM
Ray Chamberlain loves the controversial call. I have no problem with Riewoldt at all and have never seen his playing for a free kick any worse than Johnno's (and FWIW I don't think Johnno is that bad. I mean, he does ham them up, but he also gets hammered a lot).

It was clearly a terrible decision. Was it Griffen that got pushed into Riewoldt? I think it was, but stand to be corrected. Anyway, the contact between he and Riewoldt was fairly forceful and it certainly wasn't the fact that it put Riewoldt down that outraged me.

F*&king Ray Chamberlain.

And once again, a supporter is the fool rather than the umpire.

If you are going to bag someone, how about you make sure you get your facts right.

The decision was a disgrace, but not because of Ray Chamberlain. Ray was the umpire in charge, but he did NOT pay the free kick. The non controlling umpire (Brett Rosebury, No.8) paid the free kick. And don't worry I gave him a massive spray, because a non controlling umpire is only meant to pay obvious free kicks that the controlling umpire has missed. Clearly this was not an obvious free kick, as there were no chopping of the arms, which is what he paid the free for.

PS - As Coon Dog said, I hate Reiwoldt, but have a look at his efforts and I would have him on my team anyday.

Go_Dogs
15-03-2010, 11:49 AM
The non controlling umpire (Brett Rosebury, No.8) paid the free kick.

Yep, good observation, and exactly how the commentators called it.

Ray "Giddy Up" Chamberlain though.... Surely can overrule the call if it's wrong, no?

EasternWest
15-03-2010, 12:41 PM

If you are going to bag someone, how about you make sure you get your facts right.

The decision was a disgrace, but not because of Ray Chamberlain. Ray was the umpire in charge, but he did NOT pay the free kick. The non controlling umpire (Brett Rosebury, No.8) paid the free kick. And don't worry I gave him a massive spray, because a non controlling umpire is only meant to pay obvious free kicks that the controlling umpire has missed. Clearly this was not an obvious free kick, as there were no chopping of the arms, which is what he paid the free for.

PS - As Coon Dog said, I hate Reiwoldt, but have a look at his efforts and I would have him on my team anyday.

Wow. I didn't realise I'd murdered someone.

Quite happy to accept the fact that I got it wrong, and thanks for pointing it out.

I stand by the statement that he loves the controversial call.

AndrewP6
15-03-2010, 12:48 PM

A bit harsh, a mistake was made, no need to get personal.

aker39
15-03-2010, 01:45 PM
F*&king Ray Chamberlain.

A bit harsh, a mistake was made, no need to get personal.

Sorry, I forgot people make mistakes.

Too bad it hasn't stopped you in the past from "getting personal".

I like hearing the umps' commentary. Helps to reinforce my view that they are morons. They ought to have the word "PRECIOUS" stamped on their backs.

Yet another disgraceful performance from the overpaid trained monkeys.

ANOTHER pathetic display by the monkeys

AndrewP6
15-03-2010, 01:58 PM

I meant towards posters here. And the umpires get paid to do what they do, we're only enthusiasts here to talk about our great game.

EasternWest
15-03-2010, 05:12 PM

Go easy mate. You were correct in your assertions that Chamberlain didn't make the call. I did think it was him, and like I said, am happy to accept the correction.

I did say F*&king Ray Chamberlain. No doubt I'll say it again sometime. I don't like the way he has to control the game, rather than just umpire it. It's my opinion, and it's not fair to call me names for saying it.

Similarly, it's not fair to point out the comments of others who have opinions, colourful as they may be, on umpires. We don't know them as people, we can only make our assertions on what we see. If someone thinks they are a bunch of overpaid monkeys or whatever so be it. It's not like they're saying kill their children.

Having a go at an umpire is a lot different to petty name calling on a board where people are meant to be pulling in the same direction. And there's no doubt we could all trawl through each others past posts and find things a bit skewiff, out of line or incorrect. Big deal.

If I disagree with someone, I'll say it. And if I'm proven wrong, I'll wear it. And that's the way it should be.

SonofScray
15-03-2010, 05:53 PM
Game would be better off without umpires.

Nick is a champion player, best mark I've seen in a while and massive work ethic for a KPP. Full respect to his ability. He is a diver though, and as a supporter who doesn't benefit from it I am happy to dislike him on those grounds.

Bulldog4life
15-03-2010, 05:55 PM
Game would be better off without umpires.

Nick is a champion player, best mark I've seen in a while and massive work ethic for a KPP. Full respect to his ability. He is a diver though, and as a supporter who doesn't benefit from it I am happy to dislike him on those grounds.

I hope you are joking.

chef
15-03-2010, 06:06 PM
I hope you are joking.

Yeah, I don't see how that would work.

hujsh
15-03-2010, 08:12 PM
Yeah, I don't see how that would work.

Honesty system?

FrediKanoute
16-03-2010, 04:00 AM
I couldn't agree more, every player dives at some stage and it's up to the umpires not to pay these free kicks.

Griffen got his nine pointer against Port last week because he threw his head and arms back when he was touched without the ball, then Cassisi swore at the umpire and gave away a 50. Griffen then scored a nine pointer, which you could argue affected the result of the game.

I am a Riewoldt fan, I only hate him when he plays against us and if I could add any player in the league to our team it would be him.

I wouldn't. For as good as he is, I just don't think he has the hurt factor. Fair enough I don't see anywhere enough games of footy, but from what I do see he's not a player I regard as a guy who can hurt a team.

If I was going to take a Saints player it would be Goddard.......daylight.......Hayes.

chef
16-03-2010, 07:26 AM
I wouldn't. For as good as he is, I just don't think he has the hurt factor. Fair enough I don't see anywhere enough games of footy, but from what I do see he's not a player I regard as a guy who can hurt a team.

If I was going to take a Saints player it would be Goddard.......daylight.......Hayes.

I can't agree with this.

LostDoggy
16-03-2010, 08:58 PM

!!!!! Not that Goddard isn't a good player, but !!!!!

Riewoldt - Hayes close behind -------daylight--------- Montagna ----------- daylight ------------------------------------------------------------ Fisher/Goddard/Gilbert

The Underdog
16-03-2010, 09:23 PM

I'll put it this way. Without Riewoldt for the season, the Saints are lucky to make the 8.
Without Goddard they probably drop off slightly but still go top 4.

SonofScray
17-03-2010, 10:43 AM
I hope you are joking.

:p

Just trolling for any umpires in our midst.

LostDoggy
17-03-2010, 06:52 PM
Go easy mate. You were correct in your assertions that Chamberlain didn't make the call. I did think it was him, and like I said, am happy to accept the correction.

Similarly, it's not fair to point out the comments of others who have opinions, colourful as they may be, on umpires. We don't know them as people, we can only make our assertions on what we see. If someone thinks they are a bunch of overpaid monkeys or whatever so be it. It's not like they're saying kill their children.

Having a go at an umpire is a lot different to petty name calling on a board where people are meant to be pulling in the same direction. And there's no doubt we could all trawl through each others past posts and find things a bit skewiff, out of line or incorrect. Big deal.

If I disagree with someone, I'll say it. And if I'm proven wrong, I'll wear it. And that's the way it should be.

Good on you dfa4pm - totally agree with you. I've posted like this before, but we all need to respect one another's opinions, even if we don't agree with them. We are all on the same side, after all? ;)

EasternWest
18-03-2010, 10:17 AM
Good on you dfa4pm - totally agree with you. I've posted like this before, but we all need to respect one another's opinions, even if we don't agree with them. We are all on the same side, after all? ;)[/QUOTE]

That's always been my angle!:D

Bulldog4life
18-03-2010, 05:11 PM
:p

Just trolling for any umpires in our midst.

Fair enough.:D

Topdog
18-03-2010, 05:38 PM

I think he changed all that last year as he actually started kicking straight. It was his major flaw.

alwaysadog
08-04-2010, 10:16 PM
http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n250/Gooka1/Roodiver.jpg

I've seen photos of people who've been shot who make less of a fuss than this.

Can someone tell me has the life support system been withdrawn?

FrediKanoute
09-04-2010, 10:14 PM
Well following in the footsteps of Lloydy he has twanged a hammy.......looks like a 3 week injury at least