PDA

View Full Version : What Changes for Round 12

bornadog
10-06-2007, 05:54 PM
Yes half the season has gone and we are sitting on 6 wins, one less than the same time last year. Really should have nailed Carlton last week.:mad:

Well Cross and Griffo will be out for at leats 6 to 8 weeks, so who will come in?

I think McMahon may make his way back but will Chris still need some time at the Bee's and be ready to play after the break?

Dry Rot
10-06-2007, 06:52 PM
Has McDougall played well enough to come in? Love to see us have at least one tall marking forward.

Bulldog Revolution
10-06-2007, 10:32 PM
Has McDougall played well enough to come in? Love to see us have at least one tall marking forward.

He was ok in the VFL but not that much ball was directed his way, our midfielders did a lot of running the ball through the centre square and by passing half forward and kicking to robbins or podsiadly.

I'd also like a taller target in the team, but Eade has really resisted that so far

Dry Rot
10-06-2007, 10:40 PM
Interesting that he's willing to take a punt on defenders eg Addison, Williams, Wight last year etc but is very conservative re the forward line

Curious.

Go_Dogs
11-06-2007, 11:25 AM
Personally, I'd like to see

In: McMahon, McDougall, Faulkner.
Out: Cross, Griffen (inj), Hahn.

Gives us a bit of run from the back half, a tall forward and a bit of a tough nut to play roles through the midfield and forward line.

Bulldog Revolution
11-06-2007, 10:26 PM
Personally, I'd like to see

In: McMahon, McDougall, Faulkner.
Out: Cross, Griffen (inj), Hahn.

Gives us a bit of run from the back half, a tall forward and a bit of a tough nut to play roles through the midfield and forward line.

I thought Hahn looked a bit more like it last night, and he will get confidence from his goal

I see McMahon in, but am not sure who the other will be

southerncross
12-06-2007, 06:01 AM
I thought Hahn looked a bit more like it last night, and he will get confidence from his goal

I see McMahon in, but am not sure who the other will be

Hahn's goal was terrific and I also thought he was running back into a bit of form.

Faulkner is most likely and I wonder if Eade would consider McDougall. It might depend on the conditions.

Go_Dogs
12-06-2007, 10:08 AM
Yeah, didn't see the game so my comments re: Hahn are probably a bit off. Pleasing to hear that he's running back into a bit of form. He needs it.

Mantis
12-06-2007, 10:18 AM
In: Faulkner, McMahon

Out: Cross, Griffen

Like most people the 2 most obvious inclusions, pretty much like - like. Hope Faulkner is given the opportunity to spend a far bit of time in the midfield, probably playing for his career so lets give him a real crack at it.

GVGjr
12-06-2007, 10:39 AM
In: Faulkner, McMahon

Out: Cross, Griffen

Like most people the 2 most obvious inclusions, pretty much like - like. Hope Faulkner is given the opportunity to spend a far bit of time in the midfield, probably playing for his career so lets give him a real crack at it.

I think Faulkner might not necessarily be playing for his career but he does need to get some runs on the board now so that he just isn't seen as a short term option to cover injuries.

aker39
12-06-2007, 10:51 AM
There is no way that Hahn should be dropped.

Both Murphy and Darc took several weeks to find some form, and Hahn showed on Saturday night that he is getting back to his best.

We do not have the luxury of a lot of tough, hard at it players, and Mitch Hahn certainly fits that catergory.

GVGjr
12-06-2007, 11:19 AM
There is no way that Hahn should be dropped.

Both Murphy and Darc took several weeks to find some form, and Hahn showed on Saturday night that he is getting back to his best.

We do not have the luxury of a lot of tough, hard at it players, and Mitch Hahn certainly fits that catergory.

Agreed. There was some positive signs with Hahn and as a team we need players with a bit of grunt.

alwaysadog
12-06-2007, 09:15 PM
I think McMahon is certain to return and that another runner, possibly Faulkner, will come in.

Experimenting with a new forward structure will wait till after the sapping Darwin heat has been conquered. FWIW DR's point about Rocket's preparedness to experiment with the defence but not the attack is a result of the Johnson factor. He won't do anything that will let him get bottled up.

Go_Dogs
13-06-2007, 09:44 AM
Re; Johnno getting bottled up, do you think we could set our forward structure with a tall in a bid to help isolate Johnson in more one on one contests?

alwaysadog
13-06-2007, 10:04 AM
I do, but I think it has to be someone used to Johnno's style. That is why Darce was tried and IMHO if he could hit some form it would make us a much more potent force.

LostDoggy
13-06-2007, 10:14 AM
As mention McMahon is a cert. The others mentioned today in the paper are Lynch and Everitt or both for debuts.

Go_Dogs
13-06-2007, 10:21 AM
Yeah, just noticed that. Interesting. Do you feel that either of them are likely to play? I feel that a player like Lynch, although not dominating at VFL level, has the nous, speed and ability to execute that he could pretty easily step up to the pace of AFL. Certainly seems ominous for Faulkner though, if the club goes this route.

GVGjr
13-06-2007, 10:51 AM
As mention McMahon is a cert. The others mentioned today in the paper are Lynch and Everitt or both for debuts.

To me Everitt's inclusion makes more sense because he could be used off a HBF.
If Lynch is selected then Robbins would likely be relegated to the Bees for the balance of the season.

bornadog
13-06-2007, 10:55 AM
Yeah, just noticed that. Interesting. Do you feel that either of them are likely to play? I feel that a player like Lynch, although not dominating at VFL level, has the nous, speed and ability to execute that he could pretty easily step up to the pace of AFL. Certainly seems ominous for Faulkner though, if the club goes this route.

I would be surprised if either Faulkner or Lynch didn't play as the club like to take some indigenous players up to Darwin. Thats not to say they would for the sake of it, but both are in good form and would be worthy of an inclusion. I think Everitt is still raw and not ready for an inclusion, I would prefer McDougall was given a go if they want a tall in the side, he can play back and forward.

bornadog
14-06-2007, 05:10 PM
Official

In Lynch and McMahon

Out Griffen and Cross

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
14-06-2007, 05:44 PM
Official

In Lynch and McMahon

Out Griffen and Cross

I'm really looking forward to seeing Lynch in action. Watched him kicked 3 against the Swans during Pre-season and he didn't look overawed, and he seemed to have a real natural goalkicking instinct.
Pretty fantastic for a 4th rounder to get a gig in his 1st season. Well Done Malcom

Go_Dogs
14-06-2007, 06:04 PM
Interesting, I thought Lynch might get a game, mainly for the 'Darwin' factor, but perhaps thought Everitt would've been a good option considering Griff is out and McMahon might not be at 100%. Can't wait to see what the kid can do out there in a full blown match, best of luck to him

southerncross
14-06-2007, 06:22 PM
What I find interesting is that we have gone with an even smaller line-up again. Does this now confirm that Eade prefers pace over height?

Go_Dogs
14-06-2007, 06:30 PM
What I find interesting is that we have gone with an even smaller line-up again. Does this now confirm that Eade prefers pace over height?

I think the direction he is taking the club, and the overall goal that he wants to achieve is based around good speed, endurance, agility, mobility and good skills most definitely. I think the concepts he has in mind are quite a bit different to that of a lot of other coaches.

bornadog
14-06-2007, 11:08 PM
Lynch will be good up in Darwin, some one use to the conditions and a great place for him to make his debut.

Bulldog Revolution
15-06-2007, 08:39 AM
I'm really looking forward to seeing Lynch in action. Watched him kicked 3 against the Swans during Pre-season and he didn't look overawed, and he seemed to have a real natural goalkicking instinct.
Pretty fantastic for a 4th rounder to get a gig in his 1st season. Well Done Malcom

Same - he looked incredible in the VFL last week - its great that the young aboriginal recruits are getting an opportunity so early - this can only motivate them when doing pre-season weights & running etc.

And it will also motivate Stack and Hill

Congrats also to Jason Mifsud for his development work -

LostDoggy
15-06-2007, 10:24 AM

I think the more runners we have in Darwin the better off we are.
As mentioned, Lynch will feel comfortable in Darwin and it will be an easy debut then in Melbourne.
Lynch will only get 1 week unless he dominates (say kicks 5). I'd say Everitt will debut next week or the week after if there are no withdrawls tomorrow.

Bulldog Revolution
15-06-2007, 11:17 AM
I think the more runners we have in Darwin the better off we are.
As mentioned, Lynch will feel comfortable in Darwin and it will be an easy debut then in Melbourne.
Lynch will only get 1 week unless he dominates (say kicks 5). I'd say Everitt will debut next week or the week after if there are no withdrawls tomorrow.

Agreed Ernie - has every game we've played there been pretty slippery dewy conditions?

And Eade continues his run of memorable debuts and selection policies - surprised he missed the opportunity for the Everitt brothers - I guess he doesn't hold spida that highly, or want him to be too strong an influence on the young colt

bornadog
15-06-2007, 03:18 PM
Agreed Ernie - has every game we've played there been pretty slippery dewy conditions?

I have been up there for the last two years to watch the boys play (can't go this year) and the 2005 match was played around the same time as this year ie June 18th 2005 and last year they played August 12th. I thought it was more slippery last year but in 2005 I felt it was a lot hotter. We really ran out of steam (so to speak) last year as we were on top at three quarter time and then Port overan us. We really didn't have the same intensity in the last quarter.

Against Freo we have to give four quarters or we are gone, Freo never seem to give up.

Go_Dogs
15-06-2007, 06:13 PM
So out Murphy, in Minson.

I guess this means we'll play at least 1 tall forward.

southerncross
15-06-2007, 07:41 PM
So out Murphy, in Minson.

I guess this means we'll play at least 1 tall forward.

It probably balances the issue with height a bit however, perhaps the team is not as concerned about the slippery conditions as we first thought.

Mofra
15-06-2007, 10:04 PM
I suppose Darcy will be used as a big body to crumb off?

Although everyone is saying they're surprised at the decision to go tall in greasy conditions, I totally understand it.

Darcy is a target to kick to - being greasy, marks are unlikely to happen.

Who is likely to be with Darcy in the F50?
Johnson, Higgins, Lynch, Aker, Harbrow, and at times Cooney & Hahn.

The first 5 are excellent crumbers.... because it will be too greasy to mark the ball. Darcy is good at knocking the ball to advantage, being an experienced ruckman as well. To me it makes perfect sense.