PDA

View Full Version : 2010 Ladder Prediction

LostDoggy
21-03-2010, 02:03 PM
Just wanted to see how similar/different everyones Ladder will be come the end of round 22. Nothing else needed (except views and discussion of course) just one of those threads to look back on at the end of this year and see who was closest to the mark ;)

Heres mine

StKilda
Western Bulldogs
Geelong
Collingwood
Brisbane
Hawthorn
Adelaide
West Coast
--------------
Port Adelaide
Essendon
Sydney
North Melb
Carlton
Fremantle
Melbourne
Richmond

Very similar to last year I am aware, I just cant see anyone else breaking into that top 4 right now. To have the same qualifying finals as last year is prob unlikely but its how I see it with just the one move. I went two changes to the final top 8 with Hawthorn & West Coast in, Essendon & Carlton out.

LostDoggy
21-03-2010, 02:41 PM
Bulldogs
Geelong
St Kilda
Adelaide
Collingwood
Brisbane
Hawthorn
North Melbourne
------------------------------
West Coast
Essendon
Port
Sydney
Carlton
Melbourne
Freo
Richmond

The Coon Dog
21-03-2010, 03:19 PM
^ Western Bulldogs
^ Collingwood
v St.Kilda
v Geelong
- Adelaide
^ Hawthorn
v Brisbane
^ West Coast
--------------
^ Sydney
^ Fremantle
v Port Adelaide
v Essendon
v Carlton
v North Melbourne
^ Melbourne
v Richmond

mighty_west
21-03-2010, 03:58 PM
Western Bulldogs
Collingwood
St Kilda
West Coast
Geelong
Brisbane
Adelaide
Hawthorn
--------------
North Melbourne
Port Adelaide
Fremantle
Essendon
Sydney
Melbourne
Carlton
Richmond

The Adelaide Connection
21-03-2010, 04:18 PM
I haven't looked closely at the draw, so this is pulling it out of the air a bit, but:

Western Bulldogs
St. Kilda
Geelong
Collingwood
Brisbane
Adelaide
Port Adelaide
Hawthorn
----------------
West Coast
North Melbourne
Sydney
Essendon
Carlton
Fremantle
Richmond
Melbourne

I would have had Richmond and Melbourne changing places if not for Melbournes horrific run with injuries.

I would have had Adelaide possibly as high as fourth if they didn't have such a bad run into the year. A lot of players seem underdone and battling niggly injuries. Similar story for the Hawks who I am predicting will be hot and cold agiain this year (think our game and the Gellong game :confused:)

I think that perhaps only a game or percentage will separate Port Adelaide (7th) to Sydney (11th) and Essendon and Carlton won't be far behind.

chef
21-03-2010, 05:23 PM
Western Bulldogs
St.Kilda
Adelaide
Geelong
Collingwood
Brisbane
Sydney
Port Adelaide
--------------------
Essendon
Hawthorn
West Coast
Carlton
Fremantle
Richmond
Melbourne

jazzadogs
21-03-2010, 06:06 PM
Western Bulldogs
Collingwood
St Kilda
Geelong
Adelaide
Brisbane
Sydney
West Coast
----------------
North
Port
Hawthorn
Essendon
Carlton
Freo
Richmond
Melbourne

LostDoggy
21-03-2010, 06:11 PM
Western Bulldogs
St.Kilda
Collingwood
Adelaide
Brisbane
Geelong
Port Adelaide
Hawthorn
--------------------
Sydney
West Coast
Carlton
Essendon
North Melbourne
Fremantle
Melbourne
Richmond

The Bulldogs Bite
21-03-2010, 06:16 PM
1. Western Bulldogs
2. St. Kilda
3. Collingwood
4. Geelong
5. Adelaide
6. Hawthorn
7. Brisbane
8. Sydney
----------------
9. Port Adelaide
10. West Coast
11. Essendon
12. Carlton
13. North Melbourne
14. Fremantle
15. Melbourne
16. Richmond

* Still think the top four are slightly ahead of the rest. Adelaide are capable but would need a few younger types to have big years. Hawks backline is poor whilst Lions should be able to win enough to make the 8. I think Port are a chance to squeeze in, but have Sydney ahead. Essendon would need the likes of Gumbleton, Hurley and Hille to have big seasons if they're going to make it again.

LostDoggy
21-03-2010, 07:00 PM
Not surprised most people have Richmond for the Wooden Spoon..looking at their list today and its hard to see them winning more than say 3 games..

They've lost Richo, Brown, Johnson, Bowden, Schulz (5 oldest players with a ton of experience) and replaced them all with kids...gunna be another tough 3-4 years for Tigers fans :rolleyes:

Go_Dogs
21-03-2010, 07:47 PM
Western Bulldogs
St Kilda
Collingwood
Geelong
Adelaide
Hawthorn
Brisbane
West Coast

Fremantle
North Melbourne
Sydney
Port Adelaide
Carlton
Essendon
Melbourne
Richmond

comrade
21-03-2010, 08:13 PM
1. St Kilda
2. Western Bulldogs
3. Collingwood
4. Geelong
5. Adelaide
6. West Coast
7. Hawthorn
8. Brisbane

9. Sydney
10. North Melbourne
11. Essendon
12. Port Adelaide
13. Carlton
14. Fremantle
15. Richmond
16. Melbourne

* Melbourne are worse than Richmond (who are terrible) and have been decimated by injuries. Who will kick goals for the first half of the year with no Jurrah (and Robertson gone)?

* I have us second, either by 1 game or percentage. I think we'll start well, then drop a few games in the middle of the season, before coming home strongly. I also expect us to meet Collingwood in the GF after beating them in the first week of finals.

LostDoggy
21-03-2010, 09:15 PM
Western Bulldogs
Geelong
St Kilda
Collingwood
Brisbane
Hawthorn
Adelaide
West Coast

Fremantle
Port Adelaide
Carlton
Essendon
Sydney
North Melbourne
Melbourne
Richmond

My preference would be for Adelaide to miss the 8 but their draw is friendly enogh for them to challenge top 4. Cant stand the cows.

LostDoggy
22-03-2010, 12:26 AM
1. Saint Kilda
2. Western Bulldogs
3. Geelong
4. Port Adelaide
5. Collingwood
6. Adelaide
7. Sydney
8. West Coast
9. Hawthorn
10. Brisbane
11. North Melbourne
12. Fremantle
13. Carlton
14. Essendon
15. Melbourne
16. Richmond

LostDoggy
22-03-2010, 10:47 AM
Western Bulldogs
Geelong
St Kilda
Collingwood
Brisbane
Hawthorn
Adelaide
West Coast

Fremantle
Port Adelaide
Carlton
Essendon
Sydney
North Melbourne
Melbourne
Richmond

My preference would be for Adelaide to miss the 8 but their draw is friendly enogh for them to challenge top 4. Cant stand the cows.

You're not on your own there, Marcov.

LostDoggy
22-03-2010, 12:39 PM
Interesting most of u haven't made too many changes from last years season. I think Cats will dropp off a little. I'll make mine later I'm on on my iPhone ATM. Too hard to do it on it.

DOG GOD
24-03-2010, 01:09 PM
Stkilda
Geel
Cwood
Wbull
Bris
Adel
Haw
Syd
--------------
Nmelb
Wcoast
Ess
Port
Carl
Freo
Rich
Melb

soupman
24-03-2010, 01:39 PM
I think the ladder works as such:

There is a clear Top 7 (Western Bulldogs, Geelong, St.Kilda, Collingwood, Adelaide, Brisbane and Hawthorn). Within this top 7 I would argue that the first 4 teams will all finish top 5, with Adelaide being the fifth and possibly finishing as high as third.

I think Brisbane and Hawthorn make the eight because they will slaughter the bottom eight teams, however I think they will struggle against the top 5 due to their weak midfields and defences. I'm not convinced Brisbane has actually gotten better, and why Hawthorn went for Burgoyne (who improves them but doesn't fill a glaring hole over Jolly, who would turn their midfield from ok to pretty good I don't know).

I think there are a few teams fighting it out for eighth, with the leading contendors being West Coast (Good young list, plenty of experience as well and a winning culture), Sydney (always thereabouts and aren't that bad), Port Adelaide (form will fluctuate but when they are on they will beat a lot of teams. Good chance to upset a few of the top sides), Essendon (Lack forwardline stars but could sneak up due to their quick and dangerous runners) and North Melbourne (Always a chance, however this season I think they should finish around the 12th mark, only just qualify for this group). I think with many of these teams you could make a stronger case for why they won't make the eight than why they will, but mathematically one will make it.

There is then the bracket of teams that aren't quite good enough for that group, but aren't bad enough to be categorised with Melbourne. This group is Carlton. This isn't to say they won't finish 9th, it's just to say that I cannot see them making finals with a non-existent forwardline and a credit average defence.

Finally there are Richmond, Fremantle and Melbourne. One of these will finish last, but that isn't to say that one of them won't sneak up (it won't be Melbourne though). Richmond could push up to about 10th or 11th if they had a good run, and Fremantle are always a bit unpredictable, but I can't see them making finals. Melbourne however are stuffed and surely will be bottom two.

So my ladder reads:

1. Western Bulldogs (Very complete side. Dangerous and hungry)
2. St.Kilda (Strong defensively and have Riewoldt who is a star. Hard to beat)
3. Geelong (I feel like they are too low already but they have proven themselves over a long period)
4. Collingwood (A team I still don't really rate, but should be up here)
5. Adelaide (A team that could really push for top 4. Dangerous forwards and an even spread of talent across the field)
6. Brisbane (Slightly more dangerous forwardline (Fevola isn't that much of an upgrade on Bradshaw IMO), less tendency than Hawthorn to screw up)
7. Hawthorn (Buddy and Roughead will kill bottomg eight sides, but higher opponents will exploit their lack of defence and ruck)
8. Sydney (Always around the mark, have some good young talent and a strong home advantage)

9. West Coast (Unlucky to miss out. Will pull off a few upsets)
10. Port Adelaide (Will upset a few sides and win enough at home for this position)
11. Essendon (Average forwardline but it is better than Carltons, and have enough goalkicking runners to compensate. Plus will earn extra wins by beating Carlton and Collingwood)
12. Carlton (Non-existent forwardline but very good midfield. I don't think it's enough)
13. Fremantle (Home advantage is strong. Will start terribly but pick up mid year)
14. Richmond (Will pull a few wins out of their arse, won't hurt anyone though)
15. North Melbourne (I'm tipping a lot of losses underneath two goals for North)
16. Melbourne (Even before all their injuries they were going to struggle)

I am aware that the placing of sides like North Melbourne is illogical when compared to my clusters, but I still think they are a side that could make finals, I just don't think they will. Carlton however I think will finish higher than North, but don't stand a chance of finals.

Ozza
24-03-2010, 02:30 PM
1. Bulldogs
2. Saints
3 Cats
4 Pies
5 Crows
6 Lions
7 Hawks
8 Eagles

9 Swans
10 Bombers
11 Blues
12 Power
13 Kangaross
14 Dockers
15 Tigers
16 Demons

LostDoggy
24-03-2010, 03:08 PM
I would think that the top six is the easy part...but the order of the other 10 is proving very difficult to me. Apart from the bottom two that also pick themselves.
So the top six would go like this,
1. Doggies
2. Saints
3. Cats
4. Crows
5. Magpies
6. Lions...
and the bottom two

15. Demons
16. Tigers.
I know it's as weak as p**s but i just can't seperate the other eight!

anfo27
24-03-2010, 09:44 PM
1.Bulldogs
2.St. Kilda
3.Geelong
4.Collingwood
5.Adelaide
6.Sydney
7.Hawthorn
8.Brisbane
9.West Coast
10.Carlton