PDA

View Full Version : Brad Johnson fits bill for Round 1 shock

divvydan
23-03-2010, 12:21 AM
http://resources0.news.com.au/images/2010/03/22/1225844/024200-brad-johnson.jpg

* Scott Gullan
* March 23, 2010

THIS is the moment Brad Johnson convinced the Western Bulldogs he was ready to play in Round 1.

After being written off last week, the Dogs captain now looks set to play his 350th game against Collingwood at Etihad Stadium on Sunday.

Read Article (http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/matt-johnson-fits-bill-for-round-1-shock/story-e6frf9jf-1225844022733)

ratsmac
23-03-2010, 12:52 AM
Yeah!!!

LostDoggy
23-03-2010, 01:15 AM
Bring it on!!!!

Hotdog60
23-03-2010, 07:38 AM
I watched the press conference after the St Kilda game last night and Eade said that Brad was physically ok and his concern was match fitness.

After hearing this I thought to myself that he could be a chase to play round 1, so I guess it will all depend on the match committee if he gets a game.

At this moment I think I'm leaning that his a 70% chance of playing.:)

chef
23-03-2010, 08:20 AM
Wow, unbelievable:). So I might not miss his 350th after all:):):):)

Cyberdoggie
23-03-2010, 10:07 AM
This will be a huge game now.

Packed house, rnd 1, Collingwood, Barry Hall and Johnno's 350th.

I'm excited! :p

LostDoggy
23-03-2010, 10:52 AM
Woo hoo!! :D

Looking forward to having Johnno back on the field. :)

LostDoggy
23-03-2010, 11:59 AM
Oh yeah, tickets and flights booked Rnd 1 here I come. Just having BJ out there will lift the team. No better way to start the year.

Awesome if we can have Mitch in too. I was worried losing the toughness Mitch and Ward vs Collingwood.

azabob
23-03-2010, 01:24 PM
Personally I dont think he should play.

He needs match fitness. Coaches and fitness staff say all the time that players need game time to get match fitness.

He hasn't played the mins, IMO he needs to play at Williamstown first.

Round one will be very very quick and very very physical. No underdone players should play.

EasternWest
23-03-2010, 01:52 PM

Dammit dammit dammit!

The first game I can get to due to work is round 3 v Tigers. I was desperately hoping (for my own selfish sake) that they'd wait till then.

Good luck Johnno!

bornadog
23-03-2010, 02:47 PM

me too

bornadog
23-03-2010, 02:49 PM
Dammit dammit dammit!

The first game I can get to due to work is round 3 v Tigers. I was desperately hoping (for my own selfish sake) that they'd wait till then.

Good luck Johnno!

round three we play the hawks

Topdog
23-03-2010, 06:14 PM

He needs match fitness. Coaches and fitness staff say all the time that players need game time to get match fitness.

Round one will be very very quick and very very physical. No underdone players should play.

Didn't he do the same before the Round 1 match vs Adelaide a few years back?

azabob
23-03-2010, 06:32 PM
Didn't he do the same before the Round 1 match vs Adelaide a few years back?

I cant recall, but he is now a few years older and well into his 30's.

The season hopefully is long in length 25 games at least.

Personally I think they are crazy to play him.

Any injury in the achillies and calf area is an older players type injury and tend to linger just like his original injury.

Surely better to be safe than sorry.

let him play in the VFL and take it from there.

LostDoggy
23-03-2010, 07:31 PM

Absolutely agree BM. I hope they are just playing ducks and drakes with the side so as to put uncertainty into the minds of Collingwood selectors (I really don't know if this ever works!)

LostDoggy
23-03-2010, 09:32 PM
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!

Hope BJ pulls on the boots, he deserves to play it in front of a packed Etihad.

Doggy
23-03-2010, 10:01 PM
I cant recall, but he is now a few years older and well into his 30's.

The season hopefully is long in length 25 games at least.

Personally I think they are crazy to play him.

Any injury in the achillies and calf area is an older players type injury and tend to linger just like his original injury.

Surely better to be safe than sorry.

let him play in the VFL and take it from there.
He can also do his achilles/calf playing for Willy. He either plays seniors or not at all. I'm pretty sure after 349 games he should be ok to pick up the tempo.

LostDoggy
23-03-2010, 10:05 PM
This made me glow somewhat very brightly..

Thought of him not being fit is something my brain will not consume at this point..

I can smell Sunday afternoon already...Bring! It! On!

LostDoggy
26-03-2010, 12:18 AM
Dammit dammit dammit!

Good luck Johnno!

If I was you I'd get a footy fixture, or look on the doggie website. otherwise you'll be going to the wrong games ;)

LostDoggy
26-03-2010, 12:21 AM
If Johnno can't play round 1 I think he would wait till round 3 so as to celibrate with a Home crowd

LostDoggy
26-03-2010, 11:56 AM
If Johnno can't play round 1 I think he would wait till round 3 so as to celibrate with a Home crowd

That doesn't sound like the Brad Johnson that has missed a handful of games on the way to 350... I reckon he would play his 350th in Auckland if it was the next game he was fit for.