PDA

View Full Version : Round three vs Hawthorn is also "Ticketed", not "Fully Ticketed"

NoseBleed
27-03-2010, 02:48 AM
Much like this weeks game, our round three match against the Hawks and their large supporter base is not going to be fully ticketed.

Ticketmassacre is selling reserved seats on level one and three as of today.

Between 9:30 and 10:03, I hit redial 173 times today (yep, I kept count), just to get through to Ticketmassacre, then sat on hold for 22 minutes. Surely it should be easier to buy tickets for 11 family members?

If these games were fully ticketed, the extended Nosebleed clan would have payed around $85 a match (rough guess) to ensure all 17 of us entry and a seat up in our usual 3rd class tier.

Instead, we're out well over $500 and counting, with some family members deciding they can't afford the expense, and will roll the dice on getting in. So 8 of our family members wont be sitting together at what's promoted as "The Family Game", assuming they get in.

My big question though, where does the money for these one off reserved seats for casual members go? The club? The Stadium? The AFL?

I'm pretty sure the decision to make games fully ticketed is a Stadium/AFL one. If the money flow to the club, that's one thing. If the money flows to the stadium, well, lets do something about it.

Anyway, if you want to guarantee yourself a seat for April 11, brace yourself, head over Ticketmassacre, and bend over.

NB

Remi Moses
27-03-2010, 03:04 AM
this just has ''Collins'' paws all over it:rolleyes:Another money grab from Ticketmaster, Collins . If they keep this up defeats the purpose of purchasing an 18 game membership:confused:

Remi Moses
27-03-2010, 03:08 AM
Much like this weeks game, our round three match against the Hawks and their large supporter base is not going to be fully ticketed.

Ticketmassacre is selling reserved seats on level one and three as of today.

Between 9:30 and 10:03, I hit redial 173 times today (yep, I kept count), just to get through to Ticketmassacre, then sat on hold for 22 minutes. Surely it should be easier to buy tickets for 11 family members?

If these games were fully ticketed, the extended Nosebleed clan would have payed around $85 a match (rough guess) to ensure all 17 of us entry and a seat up in our usual 3rd class tier.

Instead, we're out well over $500 and counting, with some family members deciding they can't afford the expense, and will roll the dice on getting in. So 8 of our family members wont be sitting together at what's promoted as "The Family Game", assuming they get in.

My big question though, where does the money for these one off reserved seats for casual members go? The club? The Stadium? The AFL?

I'm pretty sure the decision to make games fully ticketed is a Stadium/AFL one. If the money flow to the club, that's one thing. If the money flows to the stadium, well, lets do something about it.

Anyway, if you want to guarantee yourself a seat for April 11, brace yourself, head over Ticketmassacre, and bend over.

NB
Can I just rock up with my 18 game? Do I have to purchase a seat??I honestly wish we'd move to the G and rid of this stadium

aker39
27-03-2010, 10:22 AM
Can I just rock up with my 18 game? Do I have to purchase a seat??I honestly wish we'd move to the G and rid of this stadium

Just like tomorrow's game, your membership will get you in and a seat on level 3 from row g back, SUBJECT TO CAPACITY.

I think they have realised they can make more money out of premium level 3 ticketed game, than a fully ticketed game.

BulldogBelle
27-03-2010, 12:23 PM
Can I just rock up with my 18 game?

Just get there early before the gates open and as Aker said you should be able to find a seat Row G up on the third level.

I honestly wish we'd move to the G and rid of this stadium

Not me, I have always been a fan of Etihad stadium, quite happy to keep playing all our home games there.

LostDoggy
27-03-2010, 12:58 PM
It's our home game yeh ?

bornadog
27-03-2010, 02:20 PM
The only fully ticketed games are the Essendon games as they have members who buy over 30,000 reserved seats.

Remi Moses
27-03-2010, 10:23 PM
I get bothered by how home teams don't get full reward for their membership.No other world sport sees home fans treated so poorily!Somehow Collingwood fans have a section of the thir tier yet home fans are advised to purchase a seat.:eek:

Remi Moses
27-03-2010, 10:25 PM
The only fully ticketed games are the Essendon games as they have members who buy over 30,000 reserved seats.

That is right but my point is if they're playing "away" there should be a different system:confused:

The Adelaide Connection
31-03-2010, 12:06 AM
Obviously there are a lot of members becoming disillushioned with the whole ticketing process thus far this year. I think it is a pretty reasonable question to ask who benefits from the extra moneys generated by NOT calling both the Collingwood and Hawthorn games "fully ticketed". If it is the club and it is their call I think that we will probably stomach it a bit more, but if it is not and they don't benefit from it then I think the club probably need to come into bat for the members and find out what the hell is going on.

The other issue I have is that I upgraded my tickets for the Collingwood game as soon as possible (with a tip off from a thread on here) and whilst I thought I had done well with the tickets I had been allocated I was terribly wrong. The seats were at the very back of aisle 44 (forward pocket which tends to be one of the least popular spots on the ground) and because they were so far back the overhang becomes a real nuisance and the sounds of the game are very different (as opposed to being in the open). My spot was extremely echoey, you could not hear a whistle, and even a lot of the crowd noise was diluted and muffled.

When the Hawks tickets became available I quickly did a search and guess what the "best available tickets were? Exact same bay, exact same row!

I have been to Etihad about 5 or 6 times, but have only ever been on level two and three and suffered a bit due to my poor knowledge of the layout on level 1. But how is it that these are the "best available tickets" when I am one of the first to upgrade? Absolute disgrace and I now understand why people are forced to go through the pain of waiting an eternity to speak to an operator. I would like to see a whole lot more pressure put on the ticketing agencies to allow their customers to choose their seat on a stadium plan. The whole online system seems designed to fill up the worst seats first and that is pretty immoral IMO.

LostDoggy
31-03-2010, 10:20 AM
The Adelaide Connection - I have a reserved seat on level 1, aisle 28, row B. There are always a few spare seats around us - even on Sunday at the Collingwood game. We had some poor Collingwood supporter sitting behind us in row D as his mates had got him a ticket - obviously no one told them it was in the middle of Bulldogs reserved seating!! He was one of the nice ones though. ;) Anyway, I find the view good, the noise fine & no overhang. Don't know if you can request seats around there, but as I said - no one seems to use them. GOOD LUCK!! :)

giaco
31-03-2010, 12:18 PM
Gotta agree with a lot of what's been said. I've just paid $32 for premium level 3 seats for me and my six year old for the Hawks game despite both having social club memberships.

At this rate we might as well upgrade to a reserved seating membership. Anyone know what this costs of the top of their head?

LostDoggy
31-03-2010, 12:50 PM
I've said this before. Ticketmaster should let us actually select the seats we want via a stadium map of seats. Same as if you buy movie tickets online.