PDA

View Full Version : Studs & Spuds: Round 1

Rocco Jones
28-03-2010, 11:56 PM
A bit like hotties and notties but much, much better.

Studs

http://www3.pictures.gi.zimbio.com/Fremantle+Dockers+Media+Session+EA7aZPSycRtl.jpg

Freo
Just missed out on the ever so accurate round one top ladder spot but they definitely get top stud for this week. Great debut by Barlow and Silvagni's wasn't too bad either. Let's just forget about McPhee. I am so impressed that I have decided to make purple the official colour of the studs this round. Freo way to go!

Collingwood
If you don't bring a quality game, these guys will just own you. Didak was supreme, Shaw looked motivated and Swan is looking more and more like an elite midfielder.

The Fev & Brown Show
Fev was very inaccurate but the combo took no time in showing how dangerous they are going to be. Jon Brown was outstanding when the game was there to be won, Fev is a very lucky man to be the FF to his CHF.

Spuds

Melbourne
I know it's a bit like having a go at the special kid but enough is enough. They have injuries and all that but they were absolutely woeful in the first half. A very long year ahead indeed. Red is the colour of the demon and the spud this round.

Western Bulldogs
You so and so's.

Umpire appreciation of all things Nick Riewoldt
Can't wait for the day that the Umps collectively pop that special question to Roo.

http://theterrace.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/crywoldt-300x240.jpg
Don't worry Roo, the Umps will make the bad men go away.

You're on notice Adelaide.

boydogs
29-03-2010, 12:23 AM
Richmond lucky to avoid the spud list - will be a perennial candidate this year I reckon

Rocco Jones
29-03-2010, 12:30 AM
Richmond lucky to avoid the spud list - will be a perennial candidate this year I reckon

I had them in the not so bad relative to their pathetic standards basket. Hopefully we put them back where they truly belong next week.

Topdog
29-03-2010, 08:14 AM
Good list Rocco and great pic for the stud section. Harvey's face is like that 95% of the time during interviews.

I'd like to nominate Port's goalkicking for the spud section. Nearly lost them the game.

Go_Dogs
29-03-2010, 09:34 AM
Nice work Rocco.

Bit disappointed that you couldn't find room for the mighty Tigers, but I'm sure you will following this weekend.

Rocco Jones
29-03-2010, 03:35 PM
Harvey's face is like that 95% of the time during interviews.

I'd like to nominate Port's goalkicking for the spud section. Nearly lost them the game.

Yeah, I love that face.

Port's kicking was bad but there were so many options for the spud this week. Also, I had no idea about it.

Bit disappointed that you couldn't find room for the mighty Tigers, but I'm sure you will following this weekend.

We all want the Tiges to come home.

Sedat
29-03-2010, 03:50 PM
I would also put Choco Williams' personal trainer into the 'spud' list. Choco has developed a mean set of man cans lately.

Rocco Jones
29-03-2010, 03:57 PM
I would also put Choco Williams' personal trainer into the 'spud' list. Choco has developed a mean set of man cans lately.

I am oddly aroused.

chef
29-03-2010, 04:05 PM
I am oddly aroused.

It's quite funny when he runs, you get a bit of a booby jiggle.

Rocco Jones
29-03-2010, 04:06 PM

Sports bra time perhaps?

Bulldog4life
29-03-2010, 05:57 PM

I think he needs Frank Costanza's help.:)

GVGjr
29-03-2010, 06:03 PM
Stud of the round - Michael Barlow.
Dud of the round - Jake Spencer

Both first game players

Rocco Jones
29-03-2010, 06:07 PM
Stud of the round - Michael Barlow.
Dud of the round - Jake Spencer

Both first game players

I was battling between spud and dud.

LostDoggy
30-03-2010, 09:58 AM
Tell you what, we all love Freo this week because they were great, but Freo always threatens to be great at home.

They may very well end up Spudding next week if they're on the road.

LostDoggy
30-03-2010, 12:18 PM
I can actually see Freo becoming quite scary over the next few years.

LostDoggy
30-03-2010, 12:38 PM
I can actually see Freo becoming quite scary over the next few years.

Hey Furtanken -- Freo is already pretty scary.. but I think you mean for reasons other than being an AFL equivalent of Jekyll and Hyde.

LostDoggy
30-03-2010, 12:49 PM
Hey Furtanken -- Freo is already pretty scary.. but I think you mean for reasons other than being an AFL equivalent of Jekyll and Hyde.

Indeed.
You never really know with them.
Port are fast approaching too.

Rocco Jones
30-03-2010, 01:44 PM
You guys need to find more love in your heart for Freo. Some reading up on Cameron Noakes' feelings on Freo would not go astray.

Topdog
30-03-2010, 03:03 PM
You guys need to find more love in your heart for Freo. Some reading up on Cameron Noakes' feelings on Freo would not go astray.

I'm loving them this year a bit. Got them penciled in for 9+ wins. They have some good young players and last year was good for them. They actually look to have improved their foot skills a fair bit.

Rocco Jones
30-03-2010, 08:16 PM
Kosi is another one who just missed out on a spud. Could he have used being so uncoordinated and unaware of his surroundings as a defence? Surely that takes away from intent!

Dazza
01-04-2010, 05:56 PM
Gotta remember Freo lost alot of games last year that were pretty close. = they were overrun by fitter sides in the last quarter in the majority of those losses.

As Harvey says. THEY ARE DANGEROUS