RICHMOND v WESTERN BULLDOGS

Western Bulldogs
B: Jarrod Harbrow, Brian Lake, Dale Morris
HB: Ryan Hargrave, Tom Williams, Lindsay Gilbee
C: Daniel Cross, Matthew Boyd, Liam Picken
HF: Robert Murphy, Mitch Hahn, Brad Johnson
F: Jason Akermanis, Barry Hall, Daniel Giansiracusa
Foll: Ben Hudson, Adam Cooney, Ryan Griffen
I/C (from): Dylan Addison, Andrejs Everitt, Josh Hill, Brodie Moles, Will Minson, Shaun Higgins, Jordan Roughead

In Morris, Moles and Roughead

LostDoggy
01-04-2010, 06:31 PM
Oooh Minno might be getting dropped after-all

Would love to see all 3 of them in this week.

The Coon Dog
01-04-2010, 06:40 PM
Cousins dropped by Richmond!

LostDoggy
01-04-2010, 06:41 PM

Sounds like he could be very sick...:confused:

NoName
01-04-2010, 06:49 PM
Would like to see Roughead get a game.

Dazza
01-04-2010, 06:59 PM

Pretty amazing. He's close to their best. Come to think of it he IS their best.

chef
01-04-2010, 07:09 PM

With the state their list is in they are better off playing the kids anyway, why Simmonds still gets a game is confusing:confused:

LostDoggy
01-04-2010, 08:06 PM
Great to see Roughead there again, must be banging on the door now.

I still think Minson will play, Eade has probably put Rougheads name there to scare him.

comrade
01-04-2010, 08:41 PM
News reports suggest that Cuz is out with knee soreness.

Regarding our team, Addison to make way for Morris and a toss up between Hill and Hahn for Moles. In my opinion, Everitt was close to our best defender last week and definitely needs to play against the Tigers.

The Coon Dog
01-04-2010, 08:55 PM
News reports suggest that Cuz is out with knee soreness.

Regarding our team, Addison to make way for Morris and a toss up between Hill and Hahn for Moles. In my opinion, Everitt was close to our best defender last week and definitely needs to play against the Tigers.

Yup, AFL website now saying knee soreness, initially had him dropped.

Hotdog60
01-04-2010, 09:13 PM
Colbert has just mentioned on AFL teams on fox that Brad Johnson is out for Sundays game, he said trouble with his Achilles and it was not a result of the cart hitting him.

Also Parko mention that Rocket took every player individual into his office and gave the a personal bake after the game last week.

I don't know if this is true but this has just been mention.

AndrewP6
01-04-2010, 10:10 PM

Injured, according to news reports.

chef
01-04-2010, 10:53 PM
Colbert has just mentioned on AFL teams on fox that Brad Johnson is out for Sundays game, he said trouble with his Achilles and it was not a result of the cart hitting him.

Also Parko mention that Rocket took every player individual into his office and gave the a personal bake after the game last week.

You would hope so.

Remi Moses
02-04-2010, 02:02 AM
I'd heard the bake was on Monday at the review. Bit of a subtle hint to Will with Roughead named. Apparently the bake was one of Rocket's best :D:D

The Adelaide Connection
02-04-2010, 02:30 AM

You would have to say that anyone not getting caught up in the romance of seeing him play his 350th in round 1 v Collingwood were sensing trouble. I don't understand why you would bring in an underdone player for a game against a team in great form, when a better opportunity against a much weaker team is available the following week (giving an extra weeks rest). Introducing him against Richmond would be better for his confidence, allow us to give him less game time, and allow the forward line to work in round 1 as it had for the entire NAB cup.

At times last year I was frustrated by Rockets back pedalling on the claims he would rotate players through the group (especially in the hectic early round period). I hope that this is a wake up call that uneccessary risks should not be taken and at this time of the year we should be erring on the side of caution.

LostDoggy
02-04-2010, 11:27 AM
I don't want to disrespect Richmond too much but I see this game as a perfect opportunity to drop Minson and give Roughead a taste of senior footy. I'm not sure about anyone else but I got very nervous when the ball was near big Wil last week. I love the bloke but think he needs to think before he does stupid things on the field and gives away free kicks.

comrade
02-04-2010, 11:30 AM
Excuse my ignorance, but what is Colbert's connection with Johnno? When talking about his injury, he said "we thought it was best to be cautious".

Manager?

hujsh
03-04-2010, 02:04 AM

Every player? Even Murphy? Or was it not meant literally.

AZHawkie
03-04-2010, 07:58 AM

It was a solid game by a few of the doggies. Murphy, Boyd, and Hudson were stars during that game. Didak, Medhurst, and O Brien tore them up though.

I was quite underwhelmed by Johnno's performance, and Hill really seemed lost out there. There was little to no cohesion in the forward line and the back line couldn't quite manage to control the goal sneaks of C*ntwood. ALthough all in all, the boys in blue got away from their ball control and turnovers cost them way too much. Normally I like Minson, but he was a dolt that game. Unfocused and deserved a good "Rocking."

I hate seeing my teams lose to Collingwood, but the Dogs, with all of their shortcomings, still put up a great fight against one very fit team coming into the season. Western's still my favorite for the flag.

LostDoggy
03-04-2010, 12:49 PM
FINAL TEAMS:

RICHMOND v WESTERN BULLDOGS
Richmond
B: Shane Edwards, Kelvin Moore, Chris Newman
HB: Mitch Farmer, Luke McGuane, Will Thursfield
C: Dustin Martin, Brett Deledio, Ben Nason
HF: Tom Hislop, Jack Riewoldt, Richard Tambling
F: Trent Cotchin, Mitch Morton, Robin Nahas
Foll: Troy Simmonds, Daniel Jackson, Adam Thomson
I/C: Tyrone Vickery, Daniel Connors, Jake King, Jayden Post
Emg: Dean Polo, Alex Rance, Jeromey Webberley

In: King, Post
Out: Ben Cousins (knee soreness), Relton Roberts (club suspension)

Western Bulldogs
B: Jarrod Harbrow, Brian Lake, Dale Morris
HB: Ryan Hargrave, Tom Williams, Lindsay Gilbee
C: Daniel Cross, Matthew Boyd, Liam Picken
HF: Robert Murphy, Mitch Hahn, Brad Johnson
F: Jason Akermanis, Barry Hall, Daniel Giansiracusa
Foll: Ben Hudson, Adam Cooney, Ryan Griffen
I/C: Andrejs Everitt, Shaun Higgins, Will Minson, Brodie Moles
Emg: Dylan Addison, Josh Hill, Jordan Roughead

In: Morris, Moles
Out: Dylan Addison, Josh Hill

New: Brodie Moles (Geelong Cats rookie list)

Good to see Moles given a chance - Will Minson gets a reprieve, I love the bloke, but he needs to lift!

Scorlibo
03-04-2010, 02:26 PM
Where is Ward at? Does anyone know?

Hotdog60
03-04-2010, 02:41 PM
Where is Ward at? Does anyone know?

Recovering 2 weeks away. Back for Brisbane if selected. Outside chance against Hawks.

Before I Die
04-04-2010, 12:08 PM
According to Jon Ralph late last night on Darcy's show (is it called "After the Game"?), Johnson won't play and Hill is back in. Johnno however has a history of playing even when all the media says he won't (Round 1 anyone?) so I will wait and see who actually runs out on the ground.

LostDoggy
04-04-2010, 12:13 PM
According to Jon Ralph late last night on Darcy's show (is it called "After the Game"?), Johnson won't play and Hill is back in. Johnno however has a history of playing even when all the media says he won't (Round 1 anyone?) so I will wait and see who actually runs out on the ground.

Calf, Achillies and a Flu problem, I would leave him out and bring Hill back in and hope we see some magic from him up forward.