PDA

View Full Version : Round 2 games

comrade
01-04-2010, 11:47 PM
Watching Carlton lose is a nice way to start the Easter weekend.

If you could take one player from another team and insert him straight into the Bulldogs 22, you wouldn't do much better than picking Jonathan Brown in this form.

Absolute force of nature and one of the few players in the league who has the ability to drag his team over the line.

AndrewP6
01-04-2010, 11:53 PM
Browny's an out and out champion. I'm not normally a big watcher of non-Bulldog games, but he's a gun. Brisbane are gonna surprise a few this year, I think. Agree with Comrade, a good start to Easter watching the Blues lose!

Sedat
01-04-2010, 11:56 PM
Carbon copy of the Elimination Final last season. Carlton midfield are world beaters going forward but aren't interested in doing the donkey work going the other way. They smashed Brisbane in the clearances and contested possessions but still allowed Brisbane to feed quality ball into forward 50 for Brown to feast on.

Yarran v Rich will be interesting to watch in the next few seasons. Carlton were criticised for selecting Yarran over Rich but Yarran clearly has some genuine talent - he just doesn't find enough of the ball. He's certainly very quick and works hard defensively but he needs to get more than 10 possessions a game. He's well behind Rich at the moment but I reckon he'll close the gap over time.

comrade
01-04-2010, 11:58 PM
Yarran v Rich will be interesting to watch in the next few seasons. Yarran has a lot of talent but needs to find more of the ball - he's certainly very quick and works hard defensively but he needs to get more than 10 possessions a game. He's well behind Rich at the moment but I reckon he'll close the gap soon.

I hope not. Carlton fans already exaggerate every uncontested possession and running goal from point blank range as if he was the second coming of Christ (or Peter Matera).

I couldn't cope if he actually became a decent player.

Sedat
02-04-2010, 12:02 AM
I hope not. Carlton fans already exaggerate every uncontested possession and running goal from point blank range as if he was the second coming of Christ (or Peter Matera).
He does do one thing that his midfield teammates don't do and that's work hard defensively. Sticks out like a sore thumb compared to one-way Murphy and co.

comrade
02-04-2010, 12:07 AM
He does do one thing that his midfield teammates don't do and that's work hard defensively. Sticks out like a sore thumb compared to one-way Murphy and co.

He uses his pace well when defending within the forward 50, but some of his one arm tackle attempts were ordinary tonight.

I'd definitely like him (or a player of his type) in our forward line as it's an element that we really miss; I just can't stand the Carlton supporter-driven hype that surrounds him.

Sedat
02-04-2010, 12:11 AM
I just can't stand the Carlton supporter-driven hype that surrounds him.
Agree with that. They're over-compensating because they chose him over Rich and Rich has already burst out of the blocks. So every small thing that Yarran does well will be showered with praise...a bit like us with Tommy Gun when he started getting a regular game :o

comrade
02-04-2010, 12:14 AM
Agree with that. They're over-compensating because they chose him over Rich and Rich has already burst out of the blocks. So every small thing that Yarran does well will be showered with praise...a bit like us with Tommy Gun when he started getting a regular game :o

But Tommy Gun is the next great CHB and I won't hear otherwise! ;)

Remi Moses
02-04-2010, 01:14 AM
Stuck out like the proverbial sore thumb Carlton's lack of Key Backs. Thornton is more your 3rd or 4th defender,Brown was just sensational got em' over the line. Didn't anyone know the stats for Carlton's clangers in the first half? Can someone inform Travis Johnstone that he looks totally f******* stupid!!! While your at it try soap Travis:rolleyes:

The Coon Dog
02-04-2010, 03:13 AM
I hope Tom Williams didn't watch that game by Brown; it'd be enough to give him nightmares! :eek:

chef
02-04-2010, 06:34 AM
I hope Tom Williams didn't watch that game by Brown; it'd be enough to give him nightmares! :eek:

You would hope that Williams won't be the Dog playing on Brown when someone Lake has a good record on him.

Hotdog60
02-04-2010, 07:51 AM
While your at it try soap Travis:rolleyes:

It might be Travis's way to keep the opposition off him, his not overly quick and need time to pin point his passes.:D

Hotdog60
03-04-2010, 02:43 PM
Go Melbourne, gee I hope they can keep the pressure up. Looks like the way to get at Collingwood is the old fashion man on man and make sure you win your position.

We'll see how the 2nd quarter goes.

Hotdog60
03-04-2010, 03:20 PM
Melbourne have been a bit stiff with the umpires, but finished the 2nd well. And whats with Harry O and standing so close to the man on the mark, as the player with the ball plays on he straight away Sheppard's.

Before I Die
03-04-2010, 03:32 PM
Melbourne have been a bit stiff with the umpires, but finished the 2nd well. And whats with Harry O and standing so close to the man on the mark, as the player with the ball plays on he straight away Sheppard's.

This has been a Collingwood ploy all last year. They stand just next to the man on the mark, the player with the free kick or mark just holds the ball and waits for the umpire to call play on due to the 30 second rule, then as they play on the other Collingwood player steps in to shepherd the man on the mark. I can't believe that there hasn't been more of a fuss about this. If it was any other team Eddie would be all over it.

Hotdog60
03-04-2010, 04:11 PM
I can't see the Dees going on with it, although the Pies are looking tired. If Melbourne can keep the pressure up they could cause an upset.

Go_Dogs
03-04-2010, 04:28 PM
Melbourne still in front - hoping they hang on.

Doggy
03-04-2010, 04:31 PM
GO Dees (How bad were we last week)

Doggy
03-04-2010, 04:35 PM
7 minutes left . Melb by 11 points. whoooo hooo

chef
03-04-2010, 04:37 PM
7 minutes left . Melb by 11 points. whoooo hooo

Here come the Pies. I can't see Melbourne hanging on(I hope I'm wrong).

Go_Dogs
03-04-2010, 04:48 PM
Here come the Pies. I can't see Melbourne hanging on(I hope I'm wrong).

Disappointing, you were right ;)

Oh well, good for Melbourne to put up a solid performance against Collingwood, going down by 1 point is going to hurt though. Hopefully they'll be able to notch a win soon enough.

The Bulldogs Bite
03-04-2010, 04:50 PM
They really should have won that. I thought Pettard had actually marked that ball. Really disappointing for them, I was hoping they'd knock Collingwood off. Actually feels like I've had a loss today :cool:

At least this proves Collingwood aren't the be all and end all that everyone was saying they were after last week.

Hotdog60
03-04-2010, 04:51 PM
Poor Dees, I think they were a bit stiff, some decisions in the last quarter could have gone their way and didn't. Very good effort by them though, other teams take note.
If you play tight I think the Pies might struggle.

NoName
03-04-2010, 04:59 PM
Heart breaking end for Melbourne who IMO were the better team on the day.

LostDoggy
03-04-2010, 05:52 PM
Unbelievable finish. Hope we see nothing like that tomorrow.

Melbourne fought hard all day and deserved to win it so much more than the Pies. You could see the heartbreak in those demons players up forward when the siren went, they went straight to the ground.

Bulldog4life
03-04-2010, 06:28 PM
Poor Dees, I think they were a bit stiff, some decisions in the last quarter could have gone their way and didn't. Very good effort by them though, other teams take note.
If you play tight I think the Pies might struggle.

That one that wasn't paid against Shaw was crucial. Disappointed in an experienced player like Bate who in the last minute missed the Mebourne player by himself in the forward pocket instead kicking to a contested contest in front of goal.

AndrewP6
03-04-2010, 08:00 PM
Watching Norf getting flogged by the Aints... Custard has been gifted yet another goal from 120 metres away from the play. Yes it was unnecessary, yes it was undisciplined, but fair dinkum that bloke needs to grow some balls... again he dropped like a lead balloon, and I bet if his life depended on it, he would've stayed up. Diver of the highest order. Jeez he s***s me! And of course the in-love commentators agreed that it was forceful contact. Spare me.

chef
03-04-2010, 08:16 PM
Watching Norf getting flogged by the Aints... Custard has been gifted yet another goal from 120 metres away from the play. Yes it was unnecessary, yes it was undisciplined, but fair dinkum that bloke needs to grow some balls... again he dropped like a lead balloon, and I bet if his life depended on it, he would've stayed up. Diver of the highest order. Jeez he s***s me! And of course the in-love commentators agreed that it was forceful contact. Spare me.

I thought it was pretty stupid by Hansen and Riewoldt has every right to get a free for that. If it was a dogs player would you feel the same way?

AndrewP6
03-04-2010, 08:34 PM
I thought it was pretty stupid by Hansen and Riewoldt has every right to get a free for that. If it was a dogs player would you feel the same way?

If it happened to us, I'd feel we got a free one. Nowhere near the play, it happens a thousand times a game... but not everyone drops like Riewoldt. Sure, it was stupid, but didn't warrant calling a halt to a game (that was over a hundred metres away) and gifting a goal.

chef
03-04-2010, 08:36 PM
If it happened to us, I'd feel we got a free one. Nowhere near the play, it happens a thousand times a game... but not everyone drops like Riewoldt. Sure, it was stupid, but didn't warrant calling a halt to a game (that was over a hundred metres away) and gifting a goal.

How is putting your shoulder into the middle of someones back not a free kick?

It may be softish, but it was one of many dumbs things Hansen has done tonight.

AndrewP6
03-04-2010, 08:38 PM
How is putting your shoulder into the middle of someones back not a free kick?

Sorry to answer a question with a question, but why then, isn't it paid every time it happens?
Soft it certainly was.

chef
03-04-2010, 09:17 PM
Sorry to answer a question with a question, but why then, isn't it paid every time it happens?
Soft it certainly was.

Not sure, but if an umpire sees it you would think they would pay it(no matter who's on the receiving end).

Sockeye Salmon
03-04-2010, 09:48 PM
Not sure, but if an umpire sees it you would think they would pay it(no matter who's on the receiving end).

That's straight out crap.

It happens 50 times a game, gets seen by the unpires 20 times a game and gets paid once a game.

Dry Rot
03-04-2010, 10:35 PM
Norf fans aren't too happy in forum land.

chef
03-04-2010, 11:35 PM
That's straight out crap.

It happens 50 times a game, gets seen by the unpires 20 times a game and gets paid once a game.

Don't agree. The Riewoldt free was just plain stupid and there(and should get paid every time).

Port/Eagles game was a hell of a lot more exciting with WCE wasting a few chances right at the end to lose a tight one.

Remi Moses
04-04-2010, 02:59 AM
No sympathy for Norf(although I dislike the Saints)I think they're paying the price for picking up the likes of Hay and Thompson,they've now lopsided with no decent players in the mid 20's.That looked like Stkilda playing an interstate club tonight!Blimey Collingwood were lucky a massive let down after last week

Remi Moses
04-04-2010, 02:02 AM
Don't agree. The Riewoldt free was just plain stupid and there(and should get paid every time).

Port/Eagles game was a hell of a lot more exciting with WCE wasting a few chances right at the end to lose a tight one.

Watched a bit of that West Coast have a heap of young players who butcher the ball,a top win for Port who look like a new side!!

The Bulldogs Bite
04-04-2010, 02:47 AM
Watched a bit of that West Coast have a heap of young players who butcher the ball,a top win for Port who look like a new side!!

That's why I can't understand people predicting a rise from The Eagles. Their disposal on the most part is terrible. They attack the ball well and have a number of big bodied players that are OK one on one, but their skill coupled with decision making is average at best.

Masten/Ebert as two top draft picks are two prime examples.

Hotdog60
04-04-2010, 08:15 AM
I could believe Cornes, the brother playing loose in defense. On 3 occasions he handballed to a player with a Eagle standing next to him a caused a turn over. Wasn't a pretty game but had an exciting finish.

Melb. v Collingwood best viewing match so far this round.

comrade
04-04-2010, 08:18 AM
The Eagles' midfield is full of butchers. Masten, Ebert, Priddis, and Scott Selwood all have kicks that consistently fall down under pressure.

Everything Ebert touched last night turned to s*** - he just had no composure in the last quarter when it was most required.

They do have two genuine midfield guns in Shuey and Swift. I'd take either at the Dogs.

Go_Dogs
04-04-2010, 08:39 AM
The Eagles' midfield is full of butchers. Masten, Ebert, Priddis, and Scott Selwood all have kicks that consistently fall down under pressure.

Everything Ebert touched last night turned to s*** - he just had no composure in the last quarter when it was most required.

They do have two genuine midfield guns in Shuey and Swift. I'd take either at the Dogs.

Didn't think Shuey was very good at all last night, just seemed a step behind the pace of the game. Had a few moments, but not as good a performance as last week.

Swift bobbed up and did some nice things though. Needs to add a bit more meat onto his frame, but looks like a promising type.

I actually though Masten wasn't too bad last night, and whilst Ebert made a few crucial errors at times with his disposal, thought he generally wasn't too bad. Port's pressure was very good.

Nic Nat, is going to be a ridiculous player. He's just so quick at reading his taps and covering the turf. Once he gets the confidence to stick his big arms up and hang onto some more marks, watch out.

Thought Waters was very good last night too, as was Hurn - who seems to really be becoming an A grader now. Hopefully he doesn't get rubbed out for too many.

Port were pretty good, and just managed to have a few options on the night, with Ebert and Davenport both playing very good games. Hitchcock bobbed up and kicked a couple, and Boak and Pearce did pretty good jobs in the middle. Their pressure skills were again a highlight, and their backline is becoming a real strength.

Flamethrower
04-04-2010, 09:27 AM
This has been a Collingwood ploy all last year. They stand just next to the man on the mark, the player with the free kick or mark just holds the ball and waits for the umpire to call play on due to the 30 second rule, then as they play on the other Collingwood player steps in to shepherd the man on the mark. I can't believe that there hasn't been more of a fuss about this. If it was any other team Eddie would be all over it.

It would soon stop if players took a leaf from their ice hockey brethren.

An old hockey tactic was when there was a face off and 2 players were standing side by side, as the puck was dropped one player would turn towards his opponent. At the same time he would lift his knee in a "taking off to run" motion, driving the knee into the thigh of his opponent, causing a massive "corkie" that would inconvenience the player for the rest of the game. That move is now outlawed in hockey because it can cause serious knee injuries if the contact is closer to the opponent's knee.

Mantis
04-04-2010, 09:55 AM
Thought Waters was very good last night too, as was Hurn - who seems to really be becoming an A grader now. Hopefully he doesn't get rubbed out for too many.

Hurn should get atleast 4 weeks. Went straight past the ball and made contact to the head, poor effort in my eyes.

azabob
04-04-2010, 10:05 AM
No sympathy for Norf(although I dislike the Saints)I think they're paying the price for picking up the likes of Hay and Thompson,they've now lopsided with no decent players in the mid 20's.

Short memory, we were in a very similar situation not so long ago.

LostDoggy
04-04-2010, 10:47 AM
Worst Night goes to 2 players who I cant separate, they were awful.

Brent Harvey - 3 kicks (1 was a clanger kick), 2 handballs, 1 mark & 2 Frees Against

This guy was shut down and just couldn't touch it. Clinton Jones got under his skin early and just dominated him. Took him to the cleaners. Wiped the floor with him. He then gets angry enough to get suspended! Haven't seen the incident but it was just plain stupid, he or Brad Scott should have just put him on the bench when he saw the bad signs. Even running off did absolutely nothing. Not a huge fan of Jones but geez, is he the best tagger in the league right now?

The other dud was Lachie Hanson. Job on Riewoltd is not an easy one by a long stretch but he was simply Crap. 4 of Roo's 7 goals were kicked on Lachie, 19 disposals but gave away 2 stupid free kicks that contact made was just not needed. The coach would have been ropable with those 2 players. Honorable dud mention also goes to Michael Firrito (one of the worst backmen in the league) who had 2 goals kicked on him in the space of 5mins he played on Rooey.

North Melbourne you can only go up from here. That was the difference between a top 4 side and a bottom 4 side at its finest.

Go_Dogs
04-04-2010, 12:35 PM
Hurn should get atleast 4 weeks. Went straight past the ball and made contact to the head, poor effort in my eyes.

To me, it looked like he was going for the ball, then Stewart won it, so at the last second he turned and braced himself for the impact. He could have gone the tackle I guess, but would have caught him high at that point anyway, as Stewart was pretty low and did slip a little.

It's going to get to the stage where if two players are going for the ball, and one wins it a split second before the other, the player who doesn't win the ball is going to have to somehow jump over the other bloke without touching him, as in some of those circumstances it is very hard to avoid contact - particularly on the head if players are diving or going low (and dropping their head) to gather the ball.

I think he'll get a couple of weeks, but I don't think it's in the Kosi realm where he deliberately went past the ball to make contact. Kosi ran past the ball and hit a bloke, Hurn was contesting the ball, got beaten to it and made contact with the guy who beat him to it. Completely different IMO.

Who knows what will happen though :confused::confused:

Go_Dogs
04-04-2010, 07:29 PM
So the Crows choked again today - I guess they are slipping back to the mix in quite a few people's expectations, but I'm always scared to write them off.

Fremantle continued on with their good form today. I think they are going to have a very good year, they just have a lot of quality players across most lines now and they have a good blend of youth and experience.

Hotdog60
04-04-2010, 07:37 PM
You've got to love Foxtel, I was all geared up to watch the next game between Freo and the bombers, when I get the score through the dogs game. Very smart when they are televising it straight after the dogs game.

They just lost a viewer, but I suppose they don't care they've already got my money.

Remi Moses
04-04-2010, 09:35 PM
Short memory, we were in a very similar situation not so long ago.
I just don't like them I've got a long memory and tend to remember them rubbing our noses in it [Easter 1996] they've had a great run through the 70's and 90's and still havent been embraced by membership also sick of their fans always playing the victim. ''Nobody respects us'' ''We never get any publicity''

Remi Moses
04-04-2010, 09:37 PM
So the Crows choked again today - I guess they are slipping back to the mix in quite a few people's expectations, but I'm always scared to write them off.

Fremantle continued on with their good form today. I think they are going to have a very good year, they just have a lot of quality players across most lines now and they have a good blend of youth and experience.

Going to be a soul searching week in the city of churches this week and I'm expecting a tirade from former players [Chris McDermot springs to mind]

Remi Moses
04-04-2010, 09:41 PM
Gee the Big V looked good {Port that is] great win they would've folded last season in a similar type game.
Kudos to the much maligned Freo. Very Very Good

Hotdog60
05-04-2010, 02:57 PM
Hawthorn are looking good, it's going to be a tough game next weekend.

comrade
05-04-2010, 03:14 PM

Their forward line pressure is intense with Hooper, Petersen and Rioli down there, though Hooper looks like he has pinged a hammy.

chef
05-04-2010, 04:10 PM

It's going to be a tough month.

Hotdog60
05-04-2010, 04:12 PM
How good are Geelong, back in it and look all over the hawks. We need to take full advantage of the Hawks ruck stocks or lack off.

comrade
05-04-2010, 04:18 PM
As Renouf gets worked over, the opposition midfield starts to get first use, putting their defence under extreme pressure. When the ball is streaming in, guys like Gibson, Birchall and Guerra really struggle.

Winning the midfield battle is crucial next week.

Dry Rot
05-04-2010, 04:50 PM
Renouf looked stuffed, and a couple of Hawks may have a Tribunal appearance. And Lewis ankle?

Hawks backline doesn't cope with big bastards too well.

comrade
05-04-2010, 05:06 PM
Renouf looked stuffed, and a couple of Hawks may have a Tribunal appearance. And Lewis ankle?

Hawks backline doesn't cope with big bastards too well.

Huddo will be belting Renouf from the first bounce. I hope Hawthorn persists with the 3 midfielder-as ruckmen ploy around the ground, as it means there are less opposition players at the contest when the ball hits the ground.

On another note, the Cats are the best in the business when it comes to damage control. They were jumped in the first quarter, but held on until the momentum turned. It's something that we are yet to master, and is a crucial element in beating the very good teams.

choconmientay
05-04-2010, 05:22 PM
How good was Rioli today guys. His tackling was superb. Even Gary Ablett got penalized twice. Loving his game. Not sure who should we play on him next week through.

chef
05-04-2010, 05:24 PM
How good was Rioli today guys. His tackling was superb. Even Gary Ablett got penalized twice. Loving his game. Not sure who should we play on him next week through.

Harbrow.

mjp
05-04-2010, 05:25 PM

Made for Shaggy.

choconmientay
05-04-2010, 05:32 PM
Made for Shaggy.

Hopefully he is in his best form to match the speed of Rioli :)

Go_Dogs
05-04-2010, 06:24 PM
Really enjoyable game today.

Both sides played some sizzling football in patches, and let themselves down at other times.

Shiels is going to have an interesting week for his elbow towards Ling (not sure significant contact was made, but will be looked at). Shame about Hooper - I actually would've preferred him to play against us. Lewis will be another big out if he can't get up.

Mooney and Scarlett from the Cats could both come under scrutiny too from the MRP.

Overall, the Hawks looked good through the middle and forward of centre. Their backline and rucking department however are very suspect. If we can bring the ball into our F50 quickly, Hall should be able to monster Schoenmakers/Gilham/Gibson pretty comfortably. We need to be on our game defensively in our forward half though, as they can move the ball well from defensive if given any freedom. Today they were very poor from the kick in, so if we can we should try and exploit a similar zone to Geelong, who really troubled them with that aspect today.

The rucks is an obvious area where we can take advantage, and should help us gain control of the midfield. My pasta is ready, so I'm off....but,

THEY PAID 2 FREES AGAINST ABLETT FOR HOLDING THE BALL!!!

chef
05-04-2010, 06:37 PM
Really enjoyable game today.

It was. Best game of the round.

Go_Dogs
05-04-2010, 06:52 PM
It was. Best game of the round.

For all the talk about football being doomed and ruining the competition, boy, when the good sides play it's still the best, most exciting game on the face of the earth - bar none.

Go_Dogs
05-04-2010, 06:56 PM
Made for Shaggy.

Going to be an interesting match up. My initial thoughts watching today's game was that Harbrow would be the man for the role, but we need his run and don't want him to be overly accountable. Whoever plays on Rioli is going to have to be accountable.

Osborne might try an line up on one of Harbrow or Gilbee too (Gilbee my guess after his great game yesterday) and play a defensive role, so allowing one of our runners freedom could be pretty important.

Lake - Franklin
Williams - Roughead
Hargrave - Rioli
Gilbee - Osborne

Does Morris go to Brown, or do we try and get Gilbee or Harbrow onto Petersen??!

Going to be an exciting build up this week I feel, or maybe I'm just overly excited at the present time :D

comrade
05-04-2010, 06:58 PM
If the tribunal makes any sense, Osborne and his pointy elbows will be sitting in the stands for at least a week.

Lake definitely needs to take Buddy, who continues to try and wrestle opponents rather than using his athletic gifts to win marking contests. This plays into big Brian's hands perfectly.

Go_Dogs
05-04-2010, 07:04 PM
If the tribunal makes any sense, Osborne and his pointy elbows will be sitting in the stands for at least a week.

I vaguely recall this incident, but I keep replaying the Shiels on Ling incident when I try to picture it. Could you fill in the blanks for me comrade?

comrade
05-04-2010, 07:08 PM
I vaguely recall this incident, but I keep replaying the Shiels on Ling incident when I try to picture it. Could you fill in the blanks for me comrade?

Selwood has his head over a loose ball.

Osborne has his eyes only for the man.

Osborne runs past the ball and clips Selwood's jaw with his elbow; high impact causing Selwood to leave the ground.

Go_Dogs
05-04-2010, 07:11 PM
Selwood has his head over a loose ball.

Osborne has his eyes only for the man.

Osborne runs past the ball and clips Selwood's jaw with his elbow; high impact causing Selwood to leave the ground.

Yes, thank you - now I can see it. He'll certainly be looked at for that one.

Busy week at the MRP, this week. I'm putting my confused face on now, in preparation for the upcoming decisions.

chef
05-04-2010, 07:24 PM
These would be my match ups.

Lake - Franklin
Morris - Roughead
Harbrow - Rioli
Gilbee - Osborne
Hargrave - Brown
Everitt - Morton

And Williams to relieve Morris and Lake.

Hotdog60
05-04-2010, 08:20 PM
These would be my match ups.

Lake - Franklin
Morris - Roughead
Harbrow - Rioli
Gilbee - Osborne
Hargrave - Brown
Everitt - Morton

And Williams to relieve Morris and Lake.

I like the look of this, could we move Everitt up field and have Tommy on Morton

Sockeye Salmon
05-04-2010, 09:47 PM
Mitchell should be cited for his hit on Johnson.

For those who didn't see it, Johnson was dazed from a faceplant and off the ball while Johnson was trying to clear his head Mitchell sat him on his arse.

The term they use is "reasonably expecting contact". There is no way Johnson would have been expecting contact, he wasn't involved in the play (not even looking at the play) and was clearly hurt.

comrade
05-04-2010, 09:50 PM
Mitchell should be cited for his hit on Johnson.

For those who didn't see it, Johnson was dazed from a faceplant and off the ball while Johnson was trying to clear his head Mitchell sat him on his arse.

The term they use is "reasonably expecting contact". There is no way Johnson would have been expecting contact, he wasn't involved in the play (not even looking at the play) and was clearly hurt.

I'd have sympathy for SJ if he didn't go down every time the wind blows. He's worse than Riewoldt.

Go_Dogs
06-04-2010, 08:57 AM
I'd have sympathy for SJ if he didn't go down every time the wind blows. He's worse than Riewoldt.

Agreed.

The tackle that Guerra laid (pinning Johnson - in the lead up to the incident that SS is referring to) could also be looked at.

aker39
06-04-2010, 10:03 AM
I went to the G yesterday and it was one of the best games I've been to in a long time.

Osborne has to get weeks and under the new rules, Guerra should go.

Sam Mitchell gets a lot of the footy, but he turns it over a fair bit as well.