PDA

View Full Version : Studs & Spuds: Easter Special

Rocco Jones
05-04-2010, 10:29 PM
Studs

http://rlv.zcache.com/studs_eat_spuds_tshirt-p235221304215934843t5i4_210.jpg

Jonathan Brown
Last round it was the Fev and Brown show but this week Jonho gets the stud in his own right. 7 goals, 12 marks and 21 disposals setting off a Herald Sun Carey comparison frenzy. Studs are in Brown in honour of the great man this round.

Freo
Take that all you naysayers. 2-0 and 2nd spot, watch out Catters.

Jason Davenport
Big away game, scores are tight in the fourth quarter, who else do you expect to win his side the game with 4 goals in the last quarter? His teammates are doing alright so far as well.

Sydney
Backed up the quality performance against the Saints last week by smashing the Crows at AAMI. Seaby, Bradshaw, McGlynn, Kennedy, Jetta and Mumford already look like quality pick ups. Malceski is finally fit again and Kennelly's return give them a stack of HB running options. I like them, I like them a lot.

St.Kilda
When the game was there to be won, the Saints absolutely crushed North all over the ground. They didn't did too much a job during the massive amount of junk time either. Top of the ladder and again looking the goods.

Spuds

http://dreamteamtalk.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/05/jakekingsm.jpg

Richmond
The Studs & Spuds faithful asked for it and the Tiggers didn't fail to disappoint. Oh so Jake King.

North Melbourne
Not so sure this is what they meant when they said they wanted to get rid of their Shinboner spirit image.

Adelaide
Crap pre-season and 0-2. They will absolutely own Spudsville if they lose to the Dees.

Essendon
Losing to Freo at home is never fun.

Darren Jolly
Well beaten by Hudson last week and smashed by the one man gang in Jamar despite having the 'support' of Fraser. After Seaby first two performances, could it be that the Swans maketh the ruckman?

Rocco Jones
05-04-2010, 10:32 PM
Umps involved in screwing the Dees just missed out on a Spud.

Dry Rot
05-04-2010, 10:33 PM
Spuds - honourable mention to Essendon?

Rocco Jones
05-04-2010, 10:36 PM
Spuds - honourable mention to Essendon?

I was about to post that. They slipped under my radar due to a combination of not watching their game, focusing on Freo's win, a decent first up performance against the Cats and low expectations. Mainly though, it was due to me forgetting about them when doing the list.

The Coon Dog
06-04-2010, 08:18 AM
Is Jake King the worst player going around? Never fails to disappoint.

LostDoggy
06-04-2010, 08:20 AM

How can they play him ahead of Tuck ?

Beyond comprehension

Sedat
06-04-2010, 10:06 AM
I actually don't mind King because he consistently goes the knuckle against the filth, but he would have to be close to the worst player currently getting a regular AFL game now that Jason Roe no longer plays for Brisbane.

St Kilda's total team performance, especially their defensive intensity around the ground, was pretty studworthy. Restricting a team to 9 scoring shots over the course of 120 minutes at Etihad is no mean feat.

The Coon Dog
06-04-2010, 10:10 AM
I actually don't mind King because he consistently goes the knuckle against the filth, but he would have to be close to the worst player currently getting a regular AFL game now that Jason Roe no longer plays for Brisbane.

Got a soft spot for Jason Roe.

Anyone know Frankie Borelli? Unfortunately he passed away a little while back & most people in the Social Club knew him as Frankie Umberella, anyhow he was Jason Roe's Grandfather. Jason is a Western Bulldogs supporter.

Rocco Jones
06-04-2010, 10:52 AM
St Kilda's total team performance, especially their defensive intensity around the ground, was pretty studworthy. Restricting a team to 9 scoring shots over the course of 120 minutes at Etihad is no mean feat.

Very true, I guess I just wanted to save the Saints for a rainy day. I might break with tradition and go with 4 or 5 Studs and Spuds.

Rocco Jones
06-04-2010, 11:09 AM
You asked for more Studs and Spuds and now I have given you more Studs and Spuds.

The Adelaide Connection
06-04-2010, 01:30 PM

I think a one Leigh Brown could stake a fairly decent claim for that. He has got the "Good team sweeping dud status under the carpet" effect going on. Completely crap player made look better by being in a good team in the same vain as Q. Lynch (see pre and post WC gun status form) and to a lesser extent Cam Mooney.

chef
06-04-2010, 01:35 PM
I think a one Leigh Brown could stake a fairly decent claim for that. He has got the "Good team sweeping dud status under the carpet" effect going on. Completely crap player made look better by being in a good team in the same vain as Q. Lynch (see pre and post WC gun status form) and to a lesser extent Cam Mooney.

I would take Cam over Hawkins any day.

Topdog
06-04-2010, 03:50 PM
I preferred when you had less in there Rocco. It allowed for more debate on what should be in the list.

Good to see the Tigers didn't disappoint. I'm sure the Tiger fans are waiting for the day when they can say those words.

BTW as this is round by round thing I nominate the most obvious one of the round Brent Harvey be in there.

Rocco Jones
06-04-2010, 04:00 PM
I preferred when you had less in there Rocco. It allowed for more debate on what should be in the list.

Good to see the Tigers didn't disappoint. I'm sure the Tiger fans are waiting for the day when they can say those words.

BTW as this is round by round thing I nominate the most obvious one of the round Brent Harvey be in there.

Being a populist actually is harder than it seems, apologies to the Ruddster.

Yeah, I was thinking of Boomer being in there with North but I think the absolute lack of help he received from his 'teammates' was the real story there.

Topdog
06-04-2010, 05:33 PM
Yeah true he was copping it from 3-4 Saints players and not 1 North player helped him at all.

Sockeye Salmon
06-04-2010, 05:45 PM
More than 3 studs and spuds is simply fence sitting and pandering to the commercial masses.

You've sold out, Rocco. Everything that you once stood for.

Once you were a voice of anarchy. A voice calling out for change. A voice for those who really wanted Brennan Stack to be a little less shit.

Proud Bulldog shed a tear today.

ledge
06-04-2010, 06:00 PM
Luke Ball being the most expensive average player going around.

Rocco Jones
06-04-2010, 06:05 PM
More than 3 studs and spuds is simply fence sitting and pandering to the commercial masses.

You've sold out, Rocco. Everything that you once stood for.

Once you were a voice of anarchy. A voice calling out for change. A voice for those who really wanted Brennan Stack to be a little less shit.

Proud Bulldog shed a tear today.

So very true Sockeye, so very true.

Listing him would mean I would have to admit I stuffed up by picking him in my SC team. Currently he is like a dropped piece of food being on the ground for 2 seconds. It's still good if you are desperate for it to be so.

Happy Days
06-04-2010, 06:14 PM
Still in the top bracket of mids according to Grant Thomas :rolleyes:

ledge
06-04-2010, 06:14 PM
Listing him would mean I would have to admit I stuffed up by picking him in my SC team. Currently he is like a dropped piece of food being on the ground for 2 seconds. It's still good if you are desperate for it to be so.

Haha I just traded him for Barlow before Barlows price went through the roof.

The Adelaide Connection
06-04-2010, 11:58 PM
So very true Sockeye, so very true.

If there were some sort of "Comment of the week" thread, that sir would be one of them. Gold.

On a side note, I too reluctantly admit the folly of getting Luke Ball. So dumb.