PDA

View Full Version : Round 3 Games

Hotdog60
08-04-2010, 09:15 PM
I'll start this week, I'm having a bit of trouble deciding between Melbourne v Crows in my tips.
On paper you would have to go Crows, but last week they weren't that convincing and the Dees had a good fight with the Pies.

Will the Dees be up for their 1st win after doing so well against Collingwood or will the crows be too strong this week.

Could I have some opinions please.

alwaysadog
08-04-2010, 09:37 PM
Dees looked better, but Crows should be too good although starting 2010 season a tad slowly.

AndrewP6
08-04-2010, 09:42 PM
Crows will be too strong I think. They've been ordinary thus far, but should have too much for the Dees. Oh how happy would I be to see the Dees get up though!

Hotdog60
08-04-2010, 09:46 PM
I leaning towards the crows, but I think my heart is pulling me at the Dees.

I think it's the fairy tale stuff, you would like to see the underdog get up.

Go_Dogs
09-04-2010, 09:18 AM
Crows will spank them, I feel.

Really looking forward to tonight's game, should be an absolute ripper. The weather down here is looking pretty ordinary all weekend, so must say, it's pretty good having 6 (yes, 6!) games on FTA this weekend.

chef
09-04-2010, 04:50 PM
Crows will spank them, I feel.

Really looking forward to tonight's game, should be an absolute ripper. The weather down here is looking pretty ordinary all weekend, so must say, it's pretty good having 6 (yes, 6!) games on FTA this weekend.

I agree.

The Bulldogs Bite
09-04-2010, 06:25 PM
Anyone give Collingwood a chance to knock St. Kilda off tonight?

Shaw is a pretty big out and for mine I can't see their forward line troubling the Saints zone and defence too much tonight.

Predicting Saints by 22.

Topdog
09-04-2010, 06:47 PM
Saints by 40 imo.

AndrewP6
09-04-2010, 10:01 PM
St Nick the Diver out with a serious hammy. AFL website saying it could be as many as 6-10 weeks.

comrade
09-04-2010, 10:23 PM
SPOILER ALERT....

Not that I take delight in the misfortune of others, but Roo going down with what looks like a reasonably long term injury, and the Pies losing is just about the perfect way to start the weekend.

Gutsy win by the Saints, though.

aker39
09-04-2010, 10:35 PM
^^^^^^

I really think you should delete this post before someone else gets the result spoiled.

Hotdog60
09-04-2010, 10:39 PM
You have to admire the saints, they really dug deep. What hurts at the moment is that Collingwood beat us, I wish we could have got over the line in round 1.

comrade
09-04-2010, 10:39 PM
^^^^^^

I really think you should delete this post before someone else gets the result spoiled.

Which part of spoiler alert wasn't clear enough?

aker39
09-04-2010, 10:42 PM
Which part of spoiler alert wasn't clear enough?

The part that came one line after it.

Please, do you really think that was good enough warning.

When you scroll down a page, you see more than one line at a time.

Also, why was there a need to post it.

comrade
09-04-2010, 10:46 PM

Because it's a thread pertaining to Round 3 games, including the results. Apologies for spoiling the result for you and I've edited the original post, though it's probably best to steer clear of a thread like this if you're a stickler for watching a game on an 90 min delay without knowing the final result.

LostDoggy
09-04-2010, 10:51 PM
To save an argument, could be an idea to actually create a spoiler thread.

comrade
09-04-2010, 10:51 PM
To save an argument, could be an idea to actually create a spoiler thread.

Possibly, but really, this thread should serve that purpose. If you're watching on delay, steer clear.

Dry Rot
09-04-2010, 10:55 PM

If you don't want to know a result, why are you looking at this thread?

Dry Rot
09-04-2010, 10:56 PM
Possibly, but really, this thread should serve that purpose. If you're watching on delay, steer clear.

Yes, it's not rocket science, is it?

chef
09-04-2010, 11:14 PM

Easy fixed.

Fantastic win by the Saints.

Dry Rot
09-04-2010, 11:32 PM
Easy fixed.

Fantastic win by the Saints.

Agreed. Their best win in living memory IIRC.

The Bulldogs Bite
09-04-2010, 11:34 PM
Pretty impressive win by the Saints.

Collingwood have looked pretty ordinary in the last two weeks. I wish they played like this against us. They really did take full advantage of being able to study us for 3-4 weeks IMO.

Saints/Geelong still better than the rest.

Dry Rot
09-04-2010, 11:40 PM
Saints/Geelong still better than the rest.

Agreed, although Saints minus Riewoldt might need to be re-assessed.

We now need to establish our credentials over a few difficult rounds.

Go_Dogs
10-04-2010, 10:34 AM
Gutsy win by the Saints, though.

It was a solid win, considering that they had their rotations significantly reduced, with one being clearly their best player, and Fisher pretty important too. Really demonstrated how good their structure and defensive systems are.

Certainly wasn't the prettiest game of football, but I genuinely think the Saints play a pretty ugly style, dour and defensive, and often just try to move the ball forward at any cost. Will be interesting to see how they cope without their best player making and creating the play in the forward half.

Collingwood simply didn't look very threatening, and I'd like to think we'll beat them comfortably later in the year.

Sedat
10-04-2010, 11:53 AM
Dreadful performance by the Pies. They could not have had the cards fall their way any more on the night and they simply curled up their toes in the 2nd half. Any match against the Pies that involves a consistent application of defensive pressure across the ground and their players go to water. I can't remember any shootout style finals in the last few seasons, so the Pies better learn some new tricks if they are to consider themselves a genuine top-tier contender.

Excellent performance by the Saints. Weathered the storm in the 1st half and then cranked up a gear defensively, and despite the numerical disadvantage on the bench, blew the Pies away. They are the benchmark in 2010 IMO.

chef
10-04-2010, 08:51 PM
Looks like Brisbane could be without Clarke, McGrath(suspension) and Black(injury) next week. Bu they will get back Brennan.

Dry Rot
10-04-2010, 09:02 PM
I have the extreme misfortune of having Swans v Tigers on FTA TV.

Tigers' performance is the worst I've seen in living memory (having watched two quarters).

Dry Rot
10-04-2010, 09:03 PM
Anyone watch the Lions game? Sounds like they are playing very well.

chef
10-04-2010, 09:39 PM
Anyone watch the Lions game? Sounds like they are playing very well.

They were very good and Port were ordinary.

Sockeye Salmon
10-04-2010, 10:17 PM

Tigers' performance is the worst I've seen in living memory (having watched two quarters).

They couldn't possibly be worse than last week, could they?

comrade
10-04-2010, 10:19 PM
Just when you thought that watching Carlton's on field ineptitude was fun enough, they cut to Ratten in the box looking like a flummoxed chimpanzee just to add to the hilarity.

Some terrible skills from both sides tonight, but Essendon were able to break away at crucial moments.

Hotdog60
10-04-2010, 10:23 PM
The Carlton v Essendon game was a case of who can butcher the ball and turn it over the best.

Is it just me or do a lot of teams seem to have poor skills at the moment. Also I've noticed that teams are also very keen to go wide to the flanks, quite often you see players clear down the middle and the players just don't seem to look there or don't have the confidence to kick it.

Sockeye Salmon
10-04-2010, 10:43 PM
The Carlton v Essendon game was a case of who can butcher the ball and turn it over the best.

Is it just me or do a lot of teams seem to have poor skills at the moment. Also I've noticed that teams are also very keen to go wide to the flanks, quite often you see players clear down the middle and the players just don't seem to look there or don't have the confidence to kick it.

I wonder if anyone has considered that perhaps the balls are a bit heavier or slightly out of shape?

I hear Sherrin have a new leather supplier.

Hotdog60
10-04-2010, 10:49 PM
I wonder if anyone has considered that perhaps the balls are a bit heavier or slightly out of shape?

I hear Sherrin have a new leather supplier.

Could be the case maybe someone the Aker and his media outlet should investigate.;)

Remi Moses
11-04-2010, 01:33 AM

You outlasted me DR I lasted 5 min in the second. Gee you know who has left another list in good shape:p

Go_Dogs
11-04-2010, 07:32 PM
Fremantle and Brisbane are going to be hard sides to beat this year...

AndrewP6
11-04-2010, 07:33 PM

Freo ruined my tips, but it was good to see them get up against the Pussies.

Ditto for Melbourne, good for them to get a win.

The Bulldogs Bite
11-04-2010, 07:35 PM
Suban's injury didn't look good at all.

Great win for Fremantle though. They've been down for a long time, nice to see them improving and quite rapidly might I add.

LostDoggy
11-04-2010, 07:37 PM

Yep. As strange as it sounds Freo are going strong and their kids are the best kids in the comp right now. :eek:

Hotdog60
11-04-2010, 07:37 PM
It was a one-eyed, one-horned, flyin' purple people eater
(One-eyed, one-horned, flyin' purple people eater)
A one-eyed, one-horned, flyin' purple people eater
Sure looks strange to me (One eye?)

Good win to the purple haze, nasty knee for Nick Suban at the end.

We'll have to be on song when we meet.

bornadog
11-04-2010, 07:48 PM
Not looking good for Adelaide so far. On that performance will be bottom four.

LostDoggy
11-04-2010, 07:49 PM
It was a one-eyed, one-horned, flyin' purple people eater
(One-eyed, one-horned, flyin' purple people eater)
A one-eyed, one-horned, flyin' purple people eater
Sure looks strange to me (One eye?)

Wow that brought back memories from primary school about 12 years ago :D

'Premiers' according to G.Lyon :rolleyes:

Go_Dogs
11-04-2010, 07:58 PM

Sure made me look stupid, I was certain they'd be able to get over the line today.

Are Melbourne improving a bit, or are the Crows just that bad? And given the new injuries the Crows suffered today, they look to be in for a long, long year. Going to be some serious changes to their list at the end of the year, one would think.

NoName
11-04-2010, 08:00 PM
Good win by Freo, could this be the start of a new era?