PDA

View Full Version : Spoilers, Guns and Money - R3

GVGjr
11-04-2010, 11:23 AM
Posts your thoughts either during or after the game.

Spoilers = A (One) player that did not quite measure up to expectations and the reasons why?
Guns = 3 players that stood out on the night and the reasons why?
Money = Someone who's skills stood out in the game? This can be one particular passage of play.

boydogs
11-04-2010, 06:50 PM
Spoiler - Gia, expect more from him, though maybe it's just me. Is he a top 6 player?
Guns - Ryan Griffen, that's what I'm talking about :D Boyd and Lake excellent
Money - Barry Hall's lead up the corridor trick for a run of goals to break the game apart :cool:

Hotdog60
11-04-2010, 07:02 PM
Spoilers = The 3rd quarter, we should have blown the Hawks out of the game. All that effort for no reward.

Guns = Griffen, really got up and going in this game despite getting caught a couple of times. Gilbee, showed poise coming out of defense and his delivery was very good. Cross, just for his courage and example for the team.
Money = Crossy's tackle on Buddy to cause a spill.

LostDoggy
11-04-2010, 07:19 PM
Spoiler - Third Quater Goal kicking
Gun- Cooneys clearance work in the second half
Money - Griffens goal from Cross's handpass(hopefully a sign of more to come)

LostDoggy
11-04-2010, 07:42 PM
Spoiler - Williams - when he doesn't get it he opens it up for the opposition
Guns - Murphy, who you just want in contested situations because he is morely likely to win than not, and then disposes of the ball with such coolness and precision
Money - Picken - got hit from pillar to post, but still threw himself ferociously at the ball in the last to ensure it went out

LostDoggy
11-04-2010, 08:37 PM
Spoiler: Gia, had a very average game today
Guns: Cooney, is in terrific form. Lake, stopped Franklin all day. Boyd, Keeps racking up positions & is involved in everything.
Money: Higgins in the 4th quarter, surging from the wing calling Hall to lead & then hitting him up perfectly.

Go_Dogs
11-04-2010, 08:49 PM
Spoiler - Injuries.
Guns - Lake, Griffen and Cooney.
Money - Cooney's little left footer around the body, to the spot, and onto Hall's chest - at full pace and under huge pressure mind you.

LostDoggy
11-04-2010, 09:27 PM
Sorry guys just doing a money. Am pretty sick today and after heaps of Panadol, tea and other remedies I couldn't get out of bed.

Money: Cross' tackle on Lance Franklin

KT31
12-04-2010, 12:33 AM
Spoilers = 9 point's straight from getable shots, umpires not protecting Cross or Pickings heads.
Guns = Cooney, Cross,Murpf and Griff.
Money = Courage and tenacity shown by the young brigade Harbrow,Hill Higgins,Everitt etc.Continually contesting against the flight of the ball and on the gound.

LostDoggy
12-04-2010, 01:27 AM
Spoilers - Gia. Three unacceptable games in a row. The physical nature of the match highlighted some deficiencies in his game. He needed to impose himself on some contests and failed to do so.

Guns - Gilbee's kicking was brilliant and he soundly beat Campbell Brown. Griffen took another step towards elite midfield status. Lake was great in his 150th.

Money - Higgins and Cooney's kicks to Hall in the 2nd half were fantastic.

LostDoggy
12-04-2010, 01:32 AM
Spoiler - Gia, expect more from him, though maybe it's just me. Is he a top 6 player?

No way near it.

LostDoggy
12-04-2010, 09:04 AM
Spoilers - has to be the 3rd quarter point kicking spree!
Guns - Higgins and Griff for mine - Griff seemed to be everywhere, and Higgins just seems to find himself an empty piece of the park!
Money - Barrys 4 in the last quarter - finally straightening us up!

Ozza
12-04-2010, 10:18 AM
Spoliers - everyone has mentioned the kicking for goal - so apart from that frustration - the 2 occasions in the second quarter where we went to a one on two on teh wing - Minson and Williams both kicked to an outnumbered teammate and it ended in a goal.

Guns - There is nothing better in football than Adam Cooney bursting through the centre **Cooooooooooooooooooooooonnnnnn** and sending us into the forward line. He was scintallating in the last quarter.

Money - Dale Morris' marks going back with the flight, handballs to Griffen, who handballs to Gia who in turn spears the pass onto the chest of Barry Hall. Brilliant play.

EasternWest
12-04-2010, 10:30 AM
Spoiler - 3rd quarter goal kicking

Guns - Griff lifted for the father-son deal sealer

Money - Hall turning the defense inside out and hitting Will 20 metres from goal with an off the side stab. Beautiful.

Money special mention - Has to go to Cyril Rioli for steamrolling Cross!

Go_Dogs
12-04-2010, 11:20 AM
I have already done my nominations, but just wanted to add one more money.

Ryan Griffen, running the ball from the back pocket, got about 3 possessions, received the ball again, long run and then long kick, weaving through traffic and just taking the game on - actually reminded me a bit of Michael Long's famous run down the wing - and Griff must have gained about 100+ metres with that passage of play.

Mantis
12-04-2010, 11:39 AM
Ryan Griffen, running the ball from the back pocket, got about 3 possessions, received the ball again, long run and then long kick, weaving through traffic and just taking the game on - actually reminded me a bit of Michael Long's famous run down the wing - and Griff must have gained about 100+ metres with that passage of play.

With your mates are you like that chick from American Pie talking about band camp?? (one time band camp we did this, one time at band camp we did that, etc..)

Just change it to Griff and you have; one time at Etihad Ryan Griffen weaved past 3 players, one time at the MCG Ryan Griffen took 3 bounces and kicked a goal.....

Only kidding. ;)

Go_Dogs
12-04-2010, 11:56 AM
Only kidding. ;)

I'm torn between being amused and offended :D