F: Daniel Giansiracusa, Barry Hall, Josh Hill
Foll: Ben Hudson, Adam Cooney, Daniel Cross
I/C: Dylan Addison, Nathan Eagleton, Andrejs Everitt and Will Minson
Emg: Jarrad Grant, Brad Johnson and Jordan Roughead

In: Dylan Addison, Nathan Eagleton
Out: Jason Akermanis, Liam Picken

LostDoggy
15-04-2010, 06:08 PM
Interesting to see Johnson and Grant as emergencies.. :)

LostDoggy
15-04-2010, 06:10 PM
Anyone think that Johnson might play

comrade
15-04-2010, 06:10 PM
Anyone think that Johnson might play

No, not really.

Go_Dogs
15-04-2010, 06:13 PM
Still looks a pretty strong side for mine. Good to see Addison get another go - I feel he's pretty close to putting it all together.

chef
15-04-2010, 06:13 PM
No, not really.

Yep, there is no need to rush him back. Give Johnno another week and he can return against the Crows.

LostDoggy
15-04-2010, 06:18 PM
No, not really.

Don't see the point in naming him emergency then better off naming someone like Wood incase one of our running players goes down

chef
15-04-2010, 06:22 PM
Don't see the point in naming him emergency then better off naming someone like Wood incase one of our running players goes down

Whats the chance of one of our running players going down before the game?

Will Johnno still travel with the team as he won't be playing at Willi?(even though Willi will be at the GC)

LostDoggy
15-04-2010, 06:24 PM
Still looks a pretty strong side for mine. Good to see Addison get another go - I feel he's pretty close to putting it all together.

Same. Love seeing him in the side.

comrade
15-04-2010, 06:33 PM
Simon Black named for the Lions.

LostDoggy
15-04-2010, 06:36 PM
Whats the chance of one of our running players going down before the game?

Will Johnno still travel with the team as he won't be playing at Willi?(even though Willi will be at the GC)

even if it is 1% no point naming a player emergency if they have no chance of playing although come to think of it didn't rocket name Ward as emergency in round 1 and he is yet to play

LostDoggy
15-04-2010, 06:37 PM

Agree, a no fuss footballer & adds a little value to the team.

bornadog
15-04-2010, 07:51 PM
Agree, a no fuss footballer & adds a little value to the team.

I am still sitting on the fence with Addison. Here is hoping he plays a good game.

Mantis
15-04-2010, 07:56 PM
I am still sitting on the fence with Addison. Here is hoping he plays a good game.

Yep.

We need to see an improvement sooner rather than later from Dylan in regard to his decision making and skill execution. We know we have a fierce competitor in Dylan, and he will put his body in the firing line when he has to, but if he doesn't get better in regard to his weaknesses the opportunities to play senior footy will start to dry up and other players such as Wood and Reid (when fit) will take his place.

Let's hope he goes well as he certainly is a goer.

Go_Dogs
15-04-2010, 08:18 PM
but if he doesn't get better in regard to his weaknesses the opportunities to play senior footy will start to dry up and other players such as Wood and Reid (when fit) will take his place.

Not sure the other two guys you have mentioned have better decision making and disposal than Addison?

But regardless, thought he was pretty good during the NAB Cup, but poor in his H&A appearance. When he has got it right, he's proven to be a handy player. Just needs to get it right more consistently, but still has time on his side.

EasternWest
15-04-2010, 08:42 PM
Yep.

We need to see an improvement sooner rather than later from Dylan in regard to his decision making and skill execution. We know we have a fierce competitor in Dylan, and he will put his body in the firing line when he has to, but if he doesn't get better in regard to his weaknesses the opportunities to play senior footy will start to dry up and other players such as Wood and Reid (when fit) will take his place.

This is probably true, but I think his disposal is definitely improving. Would love to see him have a great game against the Bears.

divvydan
15-04-2010, 09:02 PM
So with Picken going out and Addison coming in, is this an indication that they're going to use Addison as the outside midfield tagger? My thought was the Moles would take over this role but I'm unsure now as to what Moles' role in the team is going to be over the next 6-8 weeks.

It's possible Addison could be coming in to play as a defensively minded forward but I'm not sure if he has the ability to hurt teams on the scoreboard enough for this role.

FrediKanoute
15-04-2010, 09:19 PM

Same. Yet to be convinced that he has more strings to his bow than just a hard at the footy player.

ledge
15-04-2010, 09:20 PM
Moles I think is more a link up player who can kick goals , think Addison is better tagging.

alwaysadog
15-04-2010, 09:34 PM

Me too, never going to wonder what if with DFA, always know he'll give it everything he's got. Not too sure that those who complain about decision making are too cognisant of the situations. Sometimes it's instinct and team patterns rather than cerebral pondering.

Mantis
15-04-2010, 09:35 PM
Not sure the other two guys you have mentioned have better decision making and disposal than Addison?

But regardless, thought he was pretty good during the NAB Cup, but poor in his H&A appearance. When he has got it right, he's proven to be a handy player. Just needs to get it right more consistently, but still has time on his side.

They probably don't, but both of these players are a couple of years younger & have only played a handful of games so it might be time to start putting games into them if Dylan doesn't start showing some improvement.

LostDoggy
15-04-2010, 10:23 PM
Good to see Grant being named as an emergency, might give him some encouragement, thought he was super impressive last week for Willi

Mantis
15-04-2010, 10:33 PM
Good to see Grant being named as an emergency, might give him some encouragement, thought he was super impressive last week for Willi

Certainly is.

Word around the traps is that he is really impressing the MC with his good performances in the practice games, in rd 1 last week and on the track.

Let's hope he keeps it up and earns an opportunity to play in the senior team over the next few weeks.

hujsh
15-04-2010, 11:18 PM

"If Jarrad Grant's not the next best player after them (1st 4 picks in 07 draft), then I'll swim to Williamstown from here." - Scott Clayton

While beating Cyril Rioli, Harry Taylor, Callan Ward, Rhys Palmer etc is still a way off it's great to be getting a glimpse the talent that what brought out such a confident statement from Clayton.

BulldogBelle
15-04-2010, 11:22 PM
I have it on good authority that Johnno will not play this week (maybe not round 5 either). His calf is still not completely healed.

lemmon
16-04-2010, 12:07 AM
Does Addison have the pace to play on the types that Picken has been been able to quell? I'm not sure he is as suited to playing on the outside runners as Picken is. Still wouldnt mind him playing as a defensive forward to be honest.

angelopetraglia
16-04-2010, 12:28 AM
How did Johno train this week?

The Bulldogs Bite
16-04-2010, 12:33 AM
While beating Cyril Rioli, Harry Taylor, Callan Ward, Rhys Palmer etc is still a way off it's great to be getting a glimpse the talent that what brought out such a confident statement from Clayton.

Yep.

I'm a Grant fan, although a Rioli in our side would be the icing on the cake at the moment.

Go_Dogs
16-04-2010, 10:47 AM
Yep.

I'm a Grant fan, although a Rioli in our side would be the icing on the cake at the moment.

Agreed. Would love Rioli out there for us right now.

"If Jarrad Grant's not the next best player after them (1st 4 picks in 07 draft), then I'll swim to Williamstown from here." - Scott Clayton

Clayton actually rated him the 4th best player, and did not rate Masten. That draft has proved to be exceptionally strong already though, so it's a long way for Grant to go to meet that statement. Here's hoping he has a few more big weeks at Williamstown and keeps his name in the MC's minds.

As an aside, has Easton Wood ever had a run in the forward line? I'm thinking along the lines of, good overhead mark, good speed and defensive efforts - could he be the sort of guy that we need up forward?

LostDoggy
16-04-2010, 02:28 PM
I really dont like how the selection committee has handled Johnno in the first part of this season. The leadup to Round 1, with the to-ing and fro-ing of 'no Johnson wont play' / 'he is a chance' / 'we will name him and see how he comes up' - i thought caused a needless distraction to the job at hand, which ultimately backfired. Naming him as an emergency is just another mind game - we all know that if he is fit, then he starts - if he isnt fit, then he wont play. I dont know why they would persist with these types of games.

soupman
16-04-2010, 02:32 PM
Maybe the whole idea of naming Johnno as an emergency is so that Brisbane are forced to plan for the event that he does come in. This obviously means more effort for them in looking at match ups and structures, and doesn't hurt us at all as we shouldn't need to make any late changes anyway.

Ozza
16-04-2010, 02:43 PM
I don't like the idea of Addison tagging an outside type of player - he's far too slow.
I'm not really sure what role he'll play - perhaps half back, but I'd have preferred Wood in the team personally.

I hope Dylan makes the best of his opportunity of course, but he makes me very nervous.

Mantis
16-04-2010, 02:50 PM
I don't like the idea of Addison tagging an outside type of player - he's far too slow.
I'm not really sure what role he'll play - perhaps half back, but I'd have preferred Wood in the team personally.

He hasn't been listed to play for Williamstown so he must have picked up an injury at training (he wasn't listed as being injured earlier in the week)

bornadog
16-04-2010, 04:22 PM
Anyone think a late change and Johnno comes in:D

The Coon Dog
16-04-2010, 04:23 PM

You kind of get that feeling don't you?

The Underdog
16-04-2010, 04:28 PM

Um, nup:p

Mantis
16-04-2010, 04:33 PM

My brother's wife's cousin overheard a guy at the supermarket say that Johnson is playing... That's good enough for me!!

LostDoggy
16-04-2010, 05:00 PM
My brother's wife's cousin overheard a guy at the supermarket say that Johnson is playing... That's good enough for me!!

Name names!!

Could it be that BJ goes out in similar fashion to Westy? (Nagging injuries early in the season)

Fingers crossed.

LostDoggy
16-04-2010, 05:03 PM
Moles I think is more a link up player who can kick goals , think Addison is better tagging.

Agreed. But as a tagger you don't want him making ball control mistakes under pressure.

LostDoggy
16-04-2010, 05:13 PM
Been thinking about why they would name him and the only reason that seems to be logical is this one.

He was about 90% chance of playing but they have just taken a cautious approach and have him ready to play next week but as captain he would be flying up anyway so instead of bringing up another player in case some one is injured in the warm up they have johnno named as emergency and he is ready to play just in case

The Underdog
16-04-2010, 06:41 PM
Hargrave out? or who?

It could be Hargrave or Hargraves or Hargreaves. TCD'll know;).

Seriously though, I just can't see why they would bring him back for a game which involves 4 hours round trip on a plane.
Let him rest another week and make sure he's right.

LostDoggy
16-04-2010, 10:27 PM
Have to agree with most, I think it would be unwise to bring Johnno back with a 4 hour round plane trip. Perhaps it is just a furphy to make Brisbane plan for the possible inclusion? Good to see Addison get another chance - hope he has a good one!

Bumper Bulldogs
17-04-2010, 07:19 PM
Name names!!

Could it be that BJ goes out in similar fashion to Westy? (Nagging injuries early in the season)

Fingers crossed.
The thought had crossed my mind:(

Flamethrower
17-04-2010, 07:35 PM
No surprises here...

Simon Black out, Troy Selwood in.