PDA

View Full Version : Round 4 games

Mantis
15-04-2010, 05:54 PM
For how long can Geelong continue with this?

GEELONG CATS v PORT ADELAIDE
Geelong Cats
B: Josh Hunt, Tom Lonergan, Darren Milburn
HB: Corey Enright, Harry Taylor, Andrew Mackie
C: James Kelly, Cameron Ling, Joel Corey
HF: Tom Hawkins, James Podsiadly, Paul Chapman
F: Steve Johnson, Cameron Mooney, Shannon Byrnes
Foll: Mark Blake, Joel Selwood, Gary Ablett
I/C (from): Simon Hogan, Ryan Gamble, Nathan Djerrkura, David Wojcinski, Brad Ottens, Mitch Duncan, Jimmy Bartel

In: Mooney, Milburn, Ottens, Hogan
Out: Dawson Simpson

-------

Playing 5 big logs in the one team won't last and with Pods doing well on debut who will be the player to drop out?

chef
15-04-2010, 05:58 PM
I'm surprised Pods held his spot with Mooney coming back in. Maybe Ottens in going to miss another game and Mooney is going to pinch hit in the ruck.

LostDoggy
15-04-2010, 06:09 PM
Finding out Pods has kept his spot this week has made my day....its awesome news....he had a good game last week so woulda been unfair to drop him this week.....

Good luck to him i say.....

LostDoggy
15-04-2010, 06:25 PM
I proposed the same thing to a colleague at work this week..

Can Geelong operate with both Moondog and Pods in the forward line?

I'm surprised Pods held his spot with Mooney coming back in. Maybe Ottens in going to miss another game and Mooney is going to pinch hit in the ruck.

He played well enough on debut to keep his spot, no surprise at all I thought.

ledge
15-04-2010, 06:39 PM
I think Hawkins is the weak point more than Mooney and Pods, but being young he has to play to get more experience.

chef
15-04-2010, 06:48 PM
I proposed the same thing to a colleague at work this week..

Can Geelong operate with both Moondog and Pods in the forward line?

He played well enough on debut to keep his spot, no surprise at all I thought.

Not many sides carry three tall forwards nowadays, that's why I was surprised.

The Bulldogs Bite
15-04-2010, 08:34 PM
Blake to be dropped, Mooney to ruck.

Hawkins/Pods play as the forwards with Mooney/Ottens resting at different times.

Still a little top heavy but I think they'd be better without Blake. Not sure Pods will continue to keep his spot in the coming weeks. Perhaps even Hawkins will be given a spell, he hasn't done much so far.

LostDoggy
16-04-2010, 06:07 PM
In: Mooney, Milburn, Ottens
Out: Dawson Simpson, Nathan Djerrkura, Ryan Gamble

Blakes def in and Pods has kept his spot. Bit top heavy I agree, will be interesting to see how it goes.

chef
16-04-2010, 09:18 PM
Why are WCE wearing their clash jumpers?
It's a bit of a joke that Essendon doesn't have one yet(a proper one)

The Coon Dog
16-04-2010, 10:49 PM
Why are WCE wearing their clash jumpers?
It's a bit of a joke that Essendon doesn't have one yet(a proper one)

Gee it makes it easy on the eye, one's dark & the others light. A common sense approach.

Just a pity the AFL are toothless on this issue when it comes to Collingwood & Essendon.

Remi Moses
17-04-2010, 02:35 AM
Gee it makes it easy on the eye, one's dark & the others light. A common sense approach.

Just a pity the AFL are toothless on this issue when it comes to Collingwood & Essendon.

Couldn't agree more,I am always dumbfounded why The Bombres and Collingwood make such a massive issue on this. They waffle on about tradition yet funny the sacrosant jumper didn't have sponsors plasted all over it back in the day. Just another case of some Football folk to big for their boots:confused:

chef
17-04-2010, 07:00 AM
]Gee it makes it easy on the eye, one's dark & the others light. A common sense approach[/B].

Yep, it makes it so much easier to follow the game.

Go_Dogs
17-04-2010, 11:25 AM
Disappointing for WC that it looks like Kerr will go down for a while.

Thought Ebert played a much better game for them last night, his ball use by foot was better than I have previously seen.

NoName
17-04-2010, 11:43 AM
Not read through this thread, but it was a disgrace that WCE had to wear their clash/away jumper when it is their home match. Also, we have to put up with another 7 Friday night games featuring Essendon - YAWN!

LostDoggy
17-04-2010, 11:47 AM
Not read through this thread, but it was a disgrace that WCE had to wear their clash/away jumper when it is their home match. Also, we have to put up with another 7 Friday night games featuring Essendon - YAWN!

Oh well at least the next 3 we have to watch involve the doggies :D

Topdog
17-04-2010, 01:11 PM
Also, we have to put up with another 7 Friday night games featuring Essendon - YAWN!

Yep that is fricken ludicrous.

I'm looking forward to the North vs Sydney game on Foxtel today. Should be a close one.

angelopetraglia
17-04-2010, 01:44 PM
Do we prefer Adelaide to lose, be 4-0, without any confidence but absolutely desperate for a win next week (i.e. under pressure all week).

Or do we prefer them to be 1-3, with a little more confidence and the pressure eased a little?

chef
17-04-2010, 04:06 PM
Do we prefer Adelaide to lose, be 4-0, without any confidence but absolutely desperate for a win next week (i.e. under pressure all week).

Or do we prefer them to be 1-3, with a little more confidence and the pressure eased a little?

I'd would prefer the Crows to be coming off a win.

Go_Dogs
17-04-2010, 04:11 PM
I'd would prefer the Crows to be coming off a win.

I tend to agree, but we don't want them too confident.

They have looked a bit better thus far today, but their kicking for goal has really let them down.

chef
17-04-2010, 04:55 PM
What the hell has happened to the Crows.

Topdog
17-04-2010, 05:31 PM
What the hell has happened to the Crows.

goalkicking. They have been worse than the Pies last week.

Remi Moses
17-04-2010, 06:38 PM
Watched some footy this afternoon.Staggered why Geelong let Mumford go(better than Blake)Goodes was the difference,heaps better than the tripe dished up last night!!What the hell has happened to the Crows?They seem unfit which is extrodinary considering Craig's background,they seem to lack confidence as well

Sedat
17-04-2010, 10:28 PM
Staggered why Geelong let Mumford go(better than Blake)Goodes was the difference,heaps better than the tripe dished up last night!!What the hell has happened to the Crows?They seem unfit which is extrodinary considering Craig's background,they seem to lack confidence as well

He was offered a 4 year contract in the vicinity of 300k per year - Geelong could not have matched that in a million years. They would have love to have kept him.

GVGjr
17-04-2010, 10:44 PM
He was offered a 4 year contract in the vicinity of 300k per year - Geelong could not have matched that in a million years. They would have love to have kept him.

Spot on. The did offer the best they could manage but the Swans just had more salary cap room.

LostDoggy
18-04-2010, 10:41 AM
I think I need a nap today, watching Richmond/Melbourne may just help that cause..so I can be awake to watch Freo vs Saints. Shall be interesting to see how the Saints work without both Kozzy & Riewoldt.

Hotdog60
18-04-2010, 04:07 PM
Well after round 4, who would have thought that Melbourne would be on the same points as us and only separated by percentage.:(

The Bulldogs Bite
18-04-2010, 04:56 PM
How did Mitch Duncan slip to Geelong?

That's just annoying.

GVGjr
18-04-2010, 05:13 PM

That's just annoying.

We selected Tutt a pick or two beforehand didn't we?

chef
18-04-2010, 05:23 PM
We selected Tutt a pick or two beforehand didn't we?

No, Duncan went at 28 and Tutt went at 31.

LostDoggy
18-04-2010, 05:32 PM
Random Fact

Geelong's third quarter - 11.7.(73) Impressive and equal 14th highest 3rd quarter score ever (11.7 was also scored by Geelong in 1989 and Hawthorn in 1988)

chef
18-04-2010, 05:52 PM
Fremantle taking it up to the Saints with scores levelled at half time. No Kosi or Roo is really effecting them.

angelopetraglia
18-04-2010, 06:41 PM
Never thought I would be saying this. I wish we were playing with the spirit and desperation of the Fremantle Dockers. There level of effort and intensity can't be questioned today. Sensational effort so far.

AndrewP6
18-04-2010, 06:50 PM
Saints a point up at 3/4 time, a ripping last quarter to come..

LostDoggy
18-04-2010, 06:54 PM
Hope Micky Barlow comes out and kicks a couple....

AndrewP6
18-04-2010, 06:54 PM
Couple of quick ones to the Aints, and they're 13 points up

mjp
18-04-2010, 07:08 PM
Saints have shown real grit given their outs...Freo wont give up though. Kicked the last two now to get BACK to 13 points.

Milne and Goddard have been amazing up forward for St Kilda. Committed attack on the contest, team focused, finished very well.

Go_Dogs
18-04-2010, 07:15 PM

That's just annoying.

He looks a good player doesn't he?

I think we need to keep in mind that he is playing in a great side though, which certainly makes the transition a little easier. Still, he has done everything asked of him and looks set for a big future at AFL level.

AndrewP6
18-04-2010, 07:22 PM
I'm very worried coming up against the Saints in a few weeks. I really thought without Kosi and Diver, they'd at least take time to adjust. They didn't look like they missed them, based on what I saw. :eek:

LostDoggy
18-04-2010, 07:36 PM
Saints look bloody good, will be hard to take the flag off them.

mjp
18-04-2010, 07:48 PM
I'm very worried coming up against the Saints in a few weeks. I really thought without Kosi and Diver, they'd at least take time to adjust. They didn't look like they missed them, based on what I saw. :eek:

They have covered it for a week. The burden will begin to tell over the next few.

Freo really gifted them a couple on the turnover today...If we play well they cannot beat us without Riewoldt. They would not have won the prelim last year without him.

LostDoggy
18-04-2010, 08:11 PM
They have covered it for a week. The burden will begin to tell over the next few.

Freo really gifted them a couple on the turnover today...If we play well they cannot beat us without Riewoldt. They would not have won the prelim last year without him.

I agree with last year's part but right now based on our form we wouldn't get close to the saints with or without Diver/Kozzy.