PDA

View Full Version : Missing Welshy

lemmon
18-04-2010, 02:40 AM
We seemed to fall down around half forward tonight and I never thought I'd say this with the inclusion of Hall but are we missing Welshy?
Whenever Murph was playing poorly or injured he was able to collect a lot of footy around half forward and deliver into the 50. Are we missing him and the role he played for the forward line at the moment?
Murphy hasn't been able to provide this for us yet this year, nor has Hahn but Johnson and Aker have also provided this role for us in the past so hopefully upon their return we will see more flow into the forward fifty.

chef
18-04-2010, 07:21 AM
I would say that we are missing Johnno's leading and presenting more.

Sockeye Salmon
18-04-2010, 01:42 PM
We really missed Rob Murphy's ability to take chest marks

LostDoggy
18-04-2010, 01:58 PM
I think in this game we particularly missed Picken, Ward, Johnson, and Aker. I'm glad 2 will be back next week.

Go_Dogs
18-04-2010, 02:00 PM

I'd say marks in general. Delivery was not fantastic, but the times he did get good delivery, he dropped marks that he should gobble every time. Both on the chest, and overhead.

LostDoggy
18-04-2010, 03:19 PM
I would say that we are missing Johnno's leading and presenting more.

And Johnno's leadership.

A few times the ball was in dispute lats night where we had no one willing to put their head over it.

He would have put in a better effort than most that I saw :mad:

chef
18-04-2010, 04:46 PM
And Johnno's leadership.

A few times the ball was in dispute lats night where we had no one willing to put their head over it.

He would have put in a better effort than most that I saw :mad:

Yep, we miss his ability to marshal the troops.

angelopetraglia
18-04-2010, 05:53 PM
We were missing a lot of things last night, Welshy wasn't one of them.

Mostly we were missing good old fashioned grit and determination and the required level of fierceness and desire to be a top team.

LostDoggy
20-04-2010, 09:39 PM
Stick Everitt across Half Forward and have him playing alongside Murphy and Gia. Stick Hahn and Hall deeper with Aka / Johnno / Higgins at their feet and also rotating through the middle. Not enough speed on the FF line though!

BulldogBelle
21-04-2010, 01:59 AM
Yes we are missing Peter Welsh alright.

He could whack a few of them.

LostDoggy
21-04-2010, 09:27 AM
Yes we are missing Peter Welsh alright.

He could whack a few of them.

Good point, totally agree;)

Cyberdoggie
21-04-2010, 01:33 PM

He started well and then became woefull.

Why is he jumping everytime to take a simple chest mark?

bornadog
21-04-2010, 03:57 PM

Because the kicks to him are too high.

Desipura
21-04-2010, 03:59 PM
Because the kicks to him are too high.

Is his shoulder ok?

bornadog
21-04-2010, 04:30 PM
Is his shoulder ok?

I just meant the kicking is not accurate and way above his head.

There was some bad disposals last week into the forward line and lots of bombing the ball from the backline. Having said that Bob dropped quiet a few he would normally take.

Desipura
21-04-2010, 04:31 PM

This is the reason I asked about his shoulder.

Dry Rot
21-04-2010, 11:25 PM
We seemed to fall down around half forward tonight and I never thought I'd say this with the inclusion of Hall but are we missing Welshy?
Whenever Murph was playing poorly or injured he was able to collect a lot of footy around half forward and deliver into the 50. Are we missing him and the role he played for the forward line at the moment?
Murphy hasn't been able to provide this for us yet this year, nor has Hahn but Johnson and Aker have also provided this role for us in the past so hopefully upon their return we will see more flow into the forward fifty.

IMO this OP deserves more serious consideration, with the qualifier that I don't think it's Welsh or Hall in the equation.

I think the bold bit is worthy of analysis -> should we be prepared to play Hall in a more versatile role?

Mantis
22-04-2010, 10:00 AM
IMO this OP deserves more serious consideration, with the qualifier that I don't think it's Welsh or Hall in the equation.

I think the bold bit is worthy of analysis -> should we be prepared to play Hall in a more versatile role?

Is he capable of playing in a more versatile role for 22 rds + finals?

bornadog
22-04-2010, 10:08 AM
Is he capable of playing in a more versatile role for 22 rds + finals?

Not at age 33.

Sockeye Salmon
22-04-2010, 01:39 PM

He has done that all his career, though.