PDA

View Full Version : Where's the trophy cabinet?

LostDoggy
23-04-2010, 10:32 AM
Sorry to divert everyone's attention away from this weeks game but does anyone know where the actual 1954 Premiership Cup is located? Does it sit on Cambell Rose's or David Smorgon's desk as a paper weight, or has Charlie Sutton got it at home for when he's feeling like a bit thirsty?

Feeling a bit nostalgic and thought if it's easy to get access I wouldn't mind having a look. Thanks all.

LostDoggy
23-04-2010, 10:34 AM
I don't think they gave them out then - just a flag.

bornadog
23-04-2010, 10:52 AM
I don't think they gave them out then - just a flag.

A few years ago a retrospective cup was given.

Sockeye Salmon
23-04-2010, 11:40 AM
It used to be in the glass cabinet just as you walked in but that area has been bulldozed. I hope they remembered to take the cup out first, we don't have too many of them.

LostDoggy
23-04-2010, 12:06 PM
It used to be in the glass cabinet just as you walked in but that area has been bulldozed. I hope they remembered to take the cup out first, we don't have too many of them.

We had to double the size of our trophy room to fit in the NAB cup.

LostDoggy
23-04-2010, 01:32 PM

Haha made me laugh :)

LostDoggy
23-04-2010, 01:45 PM
So my further question which I may be answering anyway is "Where is the flag from 54 and cup (recently acquired) then?"

Possibly in storage until they finish at Whitten Oval (unparalleled forum) and put in a small museum, e.g. The cup, flag and a team poster from every year? It wouldn't need to be any bigger than the size of toilet really.

Although by the end of the year they'll probably need at least a disabled toilet size.

LostDoggy
23-04-2010, 03:23 PM
When is the museum schedules to be completed by? Has anyone donated anything for the museum?

LostDoggy
23-04-2010, 04:04 PM
The 1954 Premiership Cup is currently in a secure storage area of an asset management company near the banks of the Maribyrnong River. The cup and many other Bulldog historical items are there until the Hall of Fame/Museum is completed at Whitten Oval.

LostDoggy
23-04-2010, 04:24 PM
DaDruid you are correct. It is being kept under lock and key along with many many other historical items. The cupboards in the Hall of Fame are complete along with locks and security cameras. The Hall of Fame dinner will be the big lead up to opening the Hall of Fame/Museum. If anyone has any items they would like to donate, please call Rachel Murphy at the Club and she will take care of the rest. The Hall of Fame dinner is booking out really fast and if anyone wants to attend, then now is the time to make the booking. The date is 29 May 2010 for the dinner.
________
TEEN STRIPPING (http://www.****tube.com/categories/1051/stripping/videos/1)

LostDoggy
23-04-2010, 04:49 PM
Thank you, what a wealth of knowledge we have here. I just hope it isn't the same security company that was guarding the Victorian parliament on 9 October 1891.

Maribyrnong River you say? Well Lonely Planet sell books, Chubb is in Kensington on the banks of the Merri Creek, Mobil sell Oil, The Commercial sells beer, CSR plaster....

As if I would.....:D