PDA

View Full Version : Taylor Walker

Throughandthrough
27-04-2010, 06:54 PM
Rumoured to be very surprised and upset about being dropped from the Crows for their loss against us, esp. when initial plans were for the Crows to drop Burton.

I believe it will take some convincing for Walker to stay at Adelaide next year if (and he will be) Jenny Craig David Noel is still the coach.

Would we want him at the WO?

He's too good to be playing SANFL.

chef
27-04-2010, 07:28 PM
Rumoured to be very surprised and upset about being dropped from the Crows for their loss against us, esp. when initial plans were for the Crows to drop Burton.

I believe it will take some convincing for Walker to stay at Adelaide next year if (and he will be) Jenny Craig David Noel is still the coach.

No, it would cost us a Cooney or Griffen. With Jones, Grant, Cordy and Roughead developing at Willi we should be fine for young Key Forwards(fingers crossed).

hujsh
27-04-2010, 07:51 PM
No, it would cost us a Cooney or Griffen. With Jones, Grant, Cordy and Roughead developing at Willi we should be fine for young Key Forwards(fingers crossed).

No way they'll get anything that good for a guy with potential who doesn't want to be there. However without our draft picks (Because of Libba and Wallis) I think we'd have little to offer Adelaide in return for him either way.

chef
27-04-2010, 08:13 PM
No way they'll get anything that good for a guy with potential who doesn't want to be there. However without our draft picks (Because of Libba and Wallis) I think we'd have little to offer Adelaide in return for him either way.

That's why I suggested it would cost one of our SA guns to make the Crows happy.

bulldogsman
27-04-2010, 08:50 PM

He was probably unhappy because he kicked about 5 goals on us last time.

Anyway I would rather just stick with what we've got in Jones and Grant. We also have Cordy and Roughead who will have to play forward a fair bit. I'm very confident in all those talls as forwards.

comrade
27-04-2010, 08:55 PM
He's a quality 3rd tall type, but I'd rather add a pacy, defensive-minded goal sneak to our forward structure.

LostDoggy
27-04-2010, 09:16 PM
Wouldn't surprise me if the Gold Coast went after him. Looks a very target for them to get, especially with him not happy with the Crows

hujsh
27-04-2010, 09:20 PM
That's why I suggested it would cost one of our SA guns to make the Crows happy.

I'd think Grant, Jones, Ward etc would be far more reasonable trades for them to look at if he want to go.

FrediKanoute
27-04-2010, 09:27 PM
What about Tiller? Could he interest them? He has had a horrible run with injuries the last 18 months, but a fit and firing Tiller who doesn't quite fit our team could be attractive to the Crows.

hujsh
27-04-2010, 09:30 PM
What about Tiller? Could he interest them? He has had a horrible run with injuries the last 18 months, but a fit and firing Tiller who doesn't quite fit our team could be attractive to the Crows.

Maybe for pick 104.:)

comrade
27-04-2010, 09:35 PM

Stevie T would be steak knives in a trade deal at this point.

LostDoggy
27-04-2010, 09:39 PM
Taylor Walker aint that good that we would even think about trading one of our SA guns. Can't even get a game at the moment

chef
27-04-2010, 10:41 PM
I'd think Grant, Jones, Ward etc would be far more reasonable trades for them to look at if he want to go.

It would be hard to convince someone not from SA to go there.

Mofra
28-04-2010, 09:37 AM
He's worth more to us than them unfortunately, considering his injuries.

Go_Dogs
28-04-2010, 09:50 AM
Not sure his asking price would be too much, given that he hasn't really set the world on fire this year - however as others have said, with our father-son selections, we probably don't have a lot to play with in the trade market this year.

All things being equal, would love him at the club. He'd really benefit from our game style, and I think he can certainly end his career being regarded as one of the better full forwards to have played (big call at this stage I know, but boy he's impressive).

Gold Coast look like the logical suitor.

Doc26
28-04-2010, 10:26 AM
The Crows were keen on picking up Christian Howard in Round 2 which is why we ended up using our first round selection on him. The Crows could definitely use an injection of youth in their squad. Cooney, Griff and Lake should all be untouchables unless our hand becomes forced.