PDA

View Full Version : Reid aims for round-nine return

Hotdog60
30-04-2010, 10:09 AM
http://mm.afl.com.au/Portals/0/images/AFL/AFL%20U-Z/ReidSamrd14b.jpg

WESTERN Bulldogs midfielder Sam Reid has earmarked the club's round-nine clash with North Melbourne as his return to senior football after recovering from a serious groin operation.

The 20-year-old played his first game for the year last weekend for Williamstown's reserves side and pulled up well from playing 65 per cent of the match.

He plans to ramp things up this week in another reserves hit-out before stepping up into the VFL senior side for a few weeks.

"My goal is to be back by at least round nine," he told afl.com.au.

"Then I want to play finals as well. Once I get in there, I want to stay in there.

"I wish I was up and running now because there are injuries. Whenever I get injured, someone else does too and there's a spot there and I'm not able to take it."

More (http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/93287/default.aspx)

Go_Dogs
30-04-2010, 10:34 AM
Great to hear he's coming along well. He's going to be a pretty handy player for us, and it will be interesting to see how his year pans out from this point.

LostDoggy
30-04-2010, 01:20 PM
Sam cannot wait to restart his football as a senior player. He is very determined and I wish him all the luck in the world with his football career. Perhaps a message to him from the Woof members maybe the right tonic to inspire him even more so.
________
Cannabis News (http://potwire.com)

Bulldog4life
30-04-2010, 01:30 PM
Sam cannot wait to restart his football as a senior player. He is very determined and I wish him all the luck in the world with his football career. Perhaps a message to him from the Woof members maybe the right tonic to inspire him even more so.

A great idea Susie. All my family are Sam Reid fans....especially my 2 teenage daughters.:) Looking forward to seeing you back in the red white & blue Sam.

Desipura
30-04-2010, 01:42 PM
The thing I got out of the article was how confident he is by earmarking the actual game he expects to be playing seniors. Also goes on to say once he is in the side, wants to play finals. It sounds like he knows he is good enough and that his destiny in his own hands.

bornadog
30-04-2010, 02:49 PM
The thing I got out of the article was how confident he is by earmarking the actual game he expects to be playing seniors. Also goes on to say once he is in the side, wants to play finals. It sounds like he knows he is good enough and that his destiny in his own hands.

Great to have a target and the determination to reach it. Good Luck to Sam, we are looking forward to watching him play.

Sedat
30-04-2010, 02:55 PM
He is one tough hombre. Not only getting to the line to play each week but actually contributing significantly at AFL level when he got the chance - his performance on Bartel in Round 21 certainly sticks in the memory. I'm looking forward to seeing him in the senior team on an extended run later this season.

LostDoggy
30-04-2010, 04:22 PM
After watching him last week for willi it is only match fitness that is his barrier now. He certainly loves the the body contact. Good luck Sam

The Bulldogs Bite
30-04-2010, 04:53 PM
One of my favourite players. Really love the way he goes about it and his efforts in those 3 games last year were terrific. Always looks a picture of fitness at training despite his injury troubles too.

Agree with others that his determination and confidence really sticks out in this article. It's a shame he hasn't been able to play in these first few weeks due to our injuries, but I have no doubt he'll be fighting fierce in a few weeks time.

Perfect finals type player, too.

LostDoggy
30-04-2010, 05:05 PM
Just slotted right in at the top level didnt he, without missing a beat. Looked like he belonged there, love his confident attitude too. Diabetes can be a really tough thing to come to grips with , good on ya Sam, all the best mate.

chef
30-04-2010, 05:46 PM
Is it true his parents now live in Echuca or is it just a BF rumour?

KT31
30-04-2010, 11:39 PM
Might bring some heart to the team.

Mantis
01-05-2010, 12:48 AM
Might bring some heart to the team.

That is a silly comment.

We were full of heart tonight and to think otherwise is plain stupid.

KT31
01-05-2010, 01:04 AM
That is a silly comment.

We were full of heart tonight and to think otherwise is plain stupid.

Agree and done something I don't normally o and posted in the heat of the moment.
Nouse now that is something we lacked.

Rance Fan
01-05-2010, 01:12 AM
We had no killer instinct ...thats what it was.
We didnt go on with it and take the win and then bury them into the ground.
We played into their hands instead

LostDoggy
01-05-2010, 01:29 AM
Harbrow was heart on legs

KT31
01-05-2010, 01:31 AM

2 X Harbrow and we win.

angelopetraglia
01-05-2010, 01:34 AM

Was he ever. Actually worth going tonight just to watch both is desperation and willingness to take the game on at any cost.

AndrewP6
01-05-2010, 02:12 AM
Thought this thread was about Sam Reid?

Agree on Harbrow, by the way...