PDA

View Full Version : We should've...

LostDoggy
30-04-2010, 11:32 PM
Done what we did tonight in the preliminary last year and done what we did in the preliminary last year, tonight.

Mantis
01-05-2010, 12:06 AM
Are you all there??

Rocco Jones
01-05-2010, 12:08 AM
Do you mean kick long to Hall? I thought we were strong tactically and then stopped running and started making errors in the last 15 minutes.

GVGjr
01-05-2010, 12:23 AM
Done what we did tonight in the preliminary last year and done what we did in the preliminary last year, tonight.

If you are going to start a thread can you please be a lot more specific about what message you are wanting to discuss?

LostDoggy
01-05-2010, 12:34 AM
Last years preliminary we lost. Our excuse: we kept on bombing it in the forward 50 with no big forward to dominate or at least make a contest. This game we chipped it around waiting for an open player to get the ball to instead of using Barry what he was recruited for.

What we done tonight we should've done last year.

Desipura
01-05-2010, 11:09 AM
Last years preliminary we lost. Our excuse: we kept on bombing it in the forward 50 with no big forward to dominate or at least make a contest. This game we chipped it around waiting for an open player to get the ball to instead of using Barry what he was recruited for.

What we done tonight we should've done last year.
Danstar, maybe I see footy differently however Hall was double and triple teamed. We did kick to him at times only to see a Gilbert take a mark or their other defenders bring it to ground and run away with it. We need to get our forward structre working, Murph, Higgins, Aker, Gia and Johnno have not really troubled the scorers this season.

LostDoggy
01-05-2010, 11:57 AM
I know what your saying, I was just upset yesterday looking for excuses. But still now I think we could've at times just bombed it in the goal square instead of trying so hard to find an player to hit on the chest in the forward line. We may have not got a mark butthere is a 50/50 chance we will crumb it and get the goal. Instead of eventually just chipping it around and getting done at half forward and copping a goal on te couter-attack. We scored most of our goal from set shots and tried to do that all night.

G-Mo77
01-05-2010, 12:03 PM
It's a dammed if you do, dammed if you don't situation. If we lost by playing that way we'd be complaining about bombing the ball. Who know if it would have helped but the times they did bomb it in there last night St.Kilda had 3 on 1 and usually cleared it pretty easily.

One thing I have noticed, last nights and the Hawthorn game is that we have to move the ball a bit quicker. Their reactions need to be a lot quicker than what they are, the vision has to extend further and the brain has to try and think 2 moves ahead. Mentally we seem to lapse a lot in games and it's very costly.

LostDoggy
01-05-2010, 12:21 PM
You are 100% correct G-Mo. We will always complain if we lose. And praise if we win.