PDA

View Full Version : Aker N Johnno

Rance Fan
01-05-2010, 12:49 AM
Is it true no goals by Aker this season? (Johnno how many?)
He seems to be having alot less impact compared to last season.
Pay down - performance down. Just coincidence im sure
Handy player and chips in with a few things but need more.

Johnno may be classified in the same boat, is it catchin up with them both?
Oh and can Johnno try and stay on his feet a bit more often!!

Legendary players....hope they can go out on top

KT31
01-05-2010, 12:50 AM
Is it true no goals by Aker this season? (Johnno how many?)
He seems to be having alot less impact compared to last season.
Pay down - performance down. Just coincidence im sure
Handy player and chips in with a few things but need more.

Johnno may be classified in the same boat, is it catchin up with them both?
Oh and can Johnno try and stay on his feet a bit more often!!

Legendary players....hope they can go out on top

Harsh, not in our worst and has been solid each week.

Rance Fan
01-05-2010, 12:52 AM

True.
Hes not been in our worst, need more in our best like last season

w3design
01-05-2010, 12:53 AM

Aker's tackling was terrific tonight. Jono showed the effects of all the time he has missed, and did look slow in such a fierce game, but it's not surprising.

gohardorgohome
01-05-2010, 01:25 AM
I agree.

AndrewP6
01-05-2010, 02:37 AM
Whilst Aker's tackling and pressure has been good, and he is most often smart with the pill, he's definitely down on last year, IMO. Maybe it's a change in role, with Bazza up front, but for mine, he (and Johnno) aren't the same. On the train home tonight, I did think at one point "One year too long"... hope both prove me horribly wrong.

LostDoggy
01-05-2010, 02:44 AM
Yep. Aker 0 goals.

Remi Moses
01-05-2010, 02:49 AM
Don't get me wrong I Think Aker's been great for us but he needs to kick goals

The Bulldogs Bite
01-05-2010, 03:24 AM
Been disappointed with Aker's disposal and decision making. Not nearly as crisp as it once was. His tackling and effort was pretty good tonight, but I don't think he's the same player he was in '09.

Jury is still out on Johnson. Played OK last week but made too many errors. Tonight, he crucified us. I think 50% or more of his possessions were turnovers? Still - he's barely played this season. I'd hope he improves though as Johnson/Aker are giving us nothing up forward.

chef
01-05-2010, 07:41 AM
Whilst Aker's tackling and pressure has been good, and he is most often smart with the pill, he's definitely down on last year, IMO. Maybe it's a change in role, with Bazza up front, but for mine, he (and Johnno) aren't the same. On the train home tonight, I did think at one point "One year too long"... hope both prove me horribly wrong.

This is a worry for me too. Aker is a lot slower this year and his kicking lacks penetration while Johnno's 2nd efforts are becoming less frequent and he keeps losing his feet and allowing his opponent to run off him:(.

jazzadogs
01-05-2010, 08:58 AM
This is a worry for me too. Aker is a lot slower this year and his kicking lacks penetration while Johnno's 2nd efforts are becoming less frequent and he keeps losing his his and allowing his opponent to run off him:(.
Was one thing I couldn't stop thinking about after the game...but then there's the question of who would replace them?
Would Hill, or Stack, actually offer anything new or better?

craigsahibee
01-05-2010, 10:06 AM
Aker's second efforts seem to be taking a lot out of him. He is taking longer to get p off the ground after a contest and then doubles over like he is in pain. Definitely lost some touch with his disposal.

The Coon Dog
01-05-2010, 10:39 AM
Would Aker be better playing deep forward at the feet of Hall?

Desipura
01-05-2010, 10:42 AM
Thats the problem, we have no one playing deep whereas last season we had Johnno, Higgins, Aker and Hahn to name a few leading out from the square at different times of the game.
Hall demands so much space in the forward line that the abovementioned players are getting their posessions outside 50, we all know its impossible to kick goals from there.
I hate to say it however we are too predicatable with our forward entries more often than not going to Hall.

NoParkingOnMatchDays
01-05-2010, 11:23 AM

Totally agree - Over a few weeks I have watched Aker in the forward line and he seems a bit confused. He makes good leads to the right spots calling for the ball but pulls out and defers to Hall at the last minute who is leading to the same spot. He then has to suddenly stop, adjust and instead of a hard leader become the crumber. This makes him seem a half step off the pace as he quickly adjusts to what is happening. I don't think it's his age but the fact that he hasn't clicked with Hall yet.

He needs to change his role and become a deep small forward instead of a running and leading goal sneak. Sit around Hall who the players are now looking for almost every time forward and see what happens.

He's one of the smartest going around and he will adjust I just hope it's soon

Stefcep
01-05-2010, 11:46 AM
I think Hall's prescence has changed our method into the forward line resulting in both Aker and John playing minor roles in the forward line compared to last season.