PDA

View Full Version : Eagleton offered two weeks

Dry Rot
18-06-2007, 07:09 PM
Just on ABC news

Go_Dogs
18-06-2007, 07:25 PM
2 weeks.... I guess he'll accept and move on. Not really much point challenging the decision for mine.

alwaysadog
18-06-2007, 08:13 PM
2 weeks.... I guess he'll accept and move on. Not really much point challenging the decision for mine.

I haven't seen the game yet, but given what some have got away with I wonder what he did.. it must have been at least attempted murder to get two weeks.
What are Eagle's priors like?

Sockeye Salmon
18-06-2007, 09:59 PM
You get suspended for punching Tarrant?

That doesn't seem right.

Dry Rot
18-06-2007, 10:45 PM

That doesn't seem right.

What if you moon him?

Bulldog Revolution
19-06-2007, 06:54 PM

That doesn't seem right.

agreed!

southerncross
20-06-2007, 06:31 AM
Eagleton to challenge two-match ban (http://www.realfooty.com.au/news/news/eagleton-to-challenge-twomatch-ban/2007/06/19/1182019085396.html)

Western Bulldogs midfielder Nathan Eagleton will contest a two-match ban for striking.
But Eagleton's case won't be heard by the AFL Tribunal until Tuesday, June 26, as the Bulldogs are currently enjoying a few days off during the mid-season break.
Eagleton was charged by the match review panel for striking Fremantle's Chris Tarrant during Saturday night's match in Darwin.
Because of a previous poor record, Eagleton was not eligible for any reduction on the two-game ban with an early guilty plea.
Essendon ruckman David Hille has accepted a one-match ban for engaging in rough conduct against Port Adelaide's Chad Cornes.
Hille will miss the Bombers' round 13 clash against Melbourne.
Port Adelaide utility Michael Wilson also took an early guilty plea and a reprimand for striking Essendon's Henry Slattery.
Because Eagleton's case has been postponed for a week, the tribunal will not sit tonight.

bornadog
20-06-2007, 06:27 PM
What if you moon him?

:D :D :D

bornadog
20-06-2007, 06:28 PM
I haven't seen the game yet, but given what some have got away with I wonder what he did.. it must have been at least attempted murder to get two weeks.

Well, compared to what some guys get then it should be one week.

Twodogs
20-06-2007, 08:48 PM

Short arm jolt to Tarrants right cheek. You can maim a bloke off the ball but once you make contact with the face you are gone.

Dry Rot
21-06-2007, 12:13 PM
Short arm jolt to Tarrants right cheek. You can maim a bloke off the ball but once you make contact with the face you are gone.

Is this really acceptable from a senior player? We'd be really bagging Harris if he did the same.

mjp
21-06-2007, 02:13 PM
Agree DR. He hit him. He shouldn't have. As for provocation etc...well, whatever. We can say whatever we like about Tarrant, but at least he had hold of Eagle's jumper in time honored 'jumper punch' tradition. There must be 100 precedents for Tarrant's act that led to no action - Eagle would have been reported/suspended for that since time began.

I do think two weeks is harsh, but I guess that is how the points system works...

Mofra
23-06-2007, 01:39 PM
Little birdy advised me he met a number of QCs yesterday, coverign every angle for s defence.

Given the way the tribunal has been this year, we should hope for at least a reduction in sentence.

Twodogs
23-06-2007, 02:44 PM
Sean Wellmen seemed fairly confident he would get off an SEN just now.

Topdog
24-06-2007, 01:03 AM
Agree that the 2 weeks is kinda harsh but when you take into consideration the trip that he somehow managed to escape with no penalty from it's no big surprise.

Sockeye Salmon
24-06-2007, 10:54 PM
Sean Wellmen seemed fairly confident he would get off an SEN just now.

I find that astonishing, he belted him in the mouth. The way the tribunal has been this year he might just get off. There's been a few others that have astonished me as well.

bornadog
25-06-2007, 10:44 AM
Agree that the 2 weeks is kinda harsh but when you take into consideration the trip that he somehow managed to escape with no penalty from it's no big surprise.

attempted trip

Go_Dogs
27-06-2007, 10:05 AM
So 2 weeks he'll be missing, not good news for Eagleton but someone else gets the opportunity to step up.

Dry Rot
27-06-2007, 10:27 AM
At the start of the season, who would have thought we'd be missing Cross, Griffen and Eagleton?

We're running out of runners.*

*Dogtown has raised this issue several times here before.