PDA

View Full Version : Father-son bonanza for Western Bulldogs

The Coon Dog
04-05-2010, 11:25 PM
Jon Ralph - Herald Sun - 5 May

http://resources2.news.com.au/images/2010/05/04/1225862/266074-mitch-wallis.jpg

THE Western Bulldogs are set to pull off a father-son heist by taking either Mitch Wallis or Tom Liberatore with effectively pick 53 in the national draft.

The Dogs have unofficially committed to both of the talented teenagers, sons of club legends Steve Wallis and Tony Liberatore.

Both players are likely to be nominated as first-round picks, but under the father-son bidding system the Dogs can take one with their initial pick and the other with their second-round selection.

Article in full... (http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/father-son-bonanza-for-western-bulldogs/story-e6frf9jf-1225862266086)

westdog54
05-05-2010, 12:23 AM
If we're going to lose players to GC17 (and lets face it, we will lose players, this is a pretty fair trade off.

If we finish in the top four, we'd be getting a top 10 quality draftee at selection 50.

Good work by Libba and Wally to time their procreation the way they have.

BulldogBelle
05-05-2010, 07:29 AM
Could not have asked for a better time for these two to be under the father/son rule.

chef
05-05-2010, 07:51 AM
If we're going to lose players to GC17 (and lets face it, we will lose players, this is a pretty fair trade off.

If we finish in the top four, we'd be getting a top 10 quality draftee at selection 50.

Good work by Libba and Wally to time their procreation the way they have.

Yep, It's going to take away some of the pain of losing Harbrow.

jazzadogs
05-05-2010, 10:03 AM
Yep, It's going to take away some of the pain of losing Harbrow.
Well we should also get a decent compensation pick for Harbrow, although that is not confirmed.

Really couldn't have timed it better with Wallis and Libba though.

The Pie Man
05-05-2010, 12:23 PM
Going by that pic, Mitch looks AFL ready!! Great build for a teenager, he could be a monster by 20 :)

Ozza
05-05-2010, 01:21 PM
I saw both of them in last years TAC Cup Grand Final. Was very impressed with Libba's clearances and young Wally's running capacity. With them almost certainly improving this year - there is so much potential there. Hope they stay fit and healthy and have great years.

Cyberdoggie
05-05-2010, 01:34 PM
Going by that pic, Mitch looks AFL ready!! Great build for a teenager, he could be a monster by 20 :)

I think it's perhaps a wide angled lense or something as he's not the biggest.
I'd say he is Average for a TAC cup midfielder.

With his father's pedigree he would be a similar build to Brad Johnson when he is fully developed.

Liberatore on the other hand is taller than his father and will fill out to be a good sized inside midfielder.

chef
05-05-2010, 05:40 PM
Well we should also get a decent compensation pick for Harbrow, although that is not confirmed.Really couldn't have timed it better with Wallis and Libba though.

We should, but we wouldn't be using it for at least two years(not until the drafts go back to normal).

chef
05-05-2010, 05:41 PM
I saw both of them in last years TAC Cup Grand Final. Was very impressed with Libba's clearances and young Wally's running capacity. With them almost certainly improving this year - there is so much potential there. Hope they stay fit and healthy and have great years.

Is Mitch quick?

LostDoggy
05-05-2010, 10:37 PM
Sure will be great to see these two "sons of guns" out there on the field in the red, white and blue! Does my poor ol' heart a wealth of good:)