PDA

View Full Version : Great to See Some Young Guns get a Go.

bornadog
06-05-2010, 09:12 PM
Under 5 Games

Roughead 3rd game
Grant 4th Game
Stack 4th Game

Under 50 Games

Everitt
Williams
Adison

Under 60

Harbrow
Higgins

Who says we are an old team and still others to come back

Picken 26 games, Ward 28 games, Moles 4 games, Wood 2 games, Josh Hill 46 games, Sam Reid 5 games

A great future ahead.

azabob
06-05-2010, 09:17 PM
Under 5 Games

Roughead 3rd game
Grant 4th Game
Stack 4th Game

Under 50 Games

Everitt
Williams
Adison

Under 60

Harbrow
Higgins

Who says we are an old team and still others to come back

Picken 26 games, Ward 28 games, Moles 4 games, Wood 2 games

A great future ahead.

Don't forget Sam Reid.

GVGjr
06-05-2010, 09:19 PM
Don't forget Sam Reid.

I think you will find the games reference is to those picked for this round.

azabob
06-05-2010, 09:21 PM
I think you will find the games reference is to those picked for this round.

No dont think so, he also mentioned players to come back.

chef
06-05-2010, 09:23 PM
It is great and a very exciting future ahead for us.

chef
06-05-2010, 09:25 PM
Don't forget Sam Reid.

And Josh Hill.

LostDoggy
06-05-2010, 09:26 PM
I still think we are in good shape, in terms of our list.

Many people might think we have an opportunity this year & next to win a flag, but i can see it going futher back then that. We might have a dip for 1-2 years with new players coming in, but i can see us up there looking good again later on in the decade, especially with the young talent we have & more to come (Wallis/Libba).

LostDoggy
06-05-2010, 09:26 PM
Wow all those players put together almost don't equal the number of games played by Capt Johnno.

Remi Moses
06-05-2010, 09:31 PM
The most overused media term is that if we don't win the flag this year we're stuffed!

Rocco Jones
06-05-2010, 09:48 PM
Talk about copyright infringement. A thread mentioning Stack with 'a go' in the title, get your own material!

Mantis
06-05-2010, 10:01 PM
Last week we had the oldest team in the competition (ave 26.6 yrs) and most experienced (133 games per player). Was it any wonder we looked tired in the last quarter?

The game is ever changing and we have to change with it so it's great to see the young guys getting a run... Let's hope they run with it.

The Bulldogs Bite
06-05-2010, 10:10 PM
Last week we had the oldest team in the competition (ave 26.6 yrs) and most experienced (133 games per player). Was it any wonder we looked tired in the last quarter?

The game is ever changing and we have to change with it so it's great to see the young guys getting a run... Let's hope they run with it.

Agreed.

The match committee has done a pretty solid job so far this season. Players have been dropped for average form (Minson, Hill and arguably Moles/Eagleton) whilst we've been able to continue blooding quite a few talented young players. The young guys have done very well to date so hopefully Stack continues the trend tomorrow night.

LostDoggy
06-05-2010, 10:54 PM

I am a firm believer that you can't enter every season with the same team, or else you won't improve. Getting new faces involved each year is a must in todays game, i am happy with what has happened at selection this year, seems like no free runs in the side.

bornadog
06-05-2010, 11:55 PM
And Josh Hill.

Don't forget Sam Reid.

Yes did forget them, thanks

and Ayce Cordy and Boumann to come.

Dazza
07-05-2010, 12:28 AM
Yes did forget them, thanks

and Ayce Cordy and Boumann to come.

Yeahhhhhh. Not so sure about those two.

Greystache
07-05-2010, 12:45 AM
Hopefully Howard and Tutt can also make some progress through the middle part of the season and crack it for a game before the end of the year. Both of them have genuine pace, and with our current list and (most likely) our first two draft picks next year being short on real leg speed we really need both to come through.

Go_Dogs
07-05-2010, 10:59 AM
I must say I've been very pleased with the approach of the Match Committee thus far this year.

Over summer a few of us reasoned that we needed to pump more games into a batch of younger players to ease the burden of transition over the next season or two, where we will lose a lot of players, and especially over the next 3-5 years where a large portion of our team will end their careers.

As JH mentioned above, new faces are crucial to continual improvement, and I'm sure the excitement and competition for spots it creates amongst the more senior players is also good for the group.

Best of luck to all the youngsters playing tonight!

EasternWest
07-05-2010, 12:04 PM
Yeahhhhhh. Not so sure about those two.

Cordy? Isn't he meant to be the messiah?

Sedat
07-05-2010, 12:07 PM
The match committee has done a pretty solid job so far this season.
Agreed, with the exception of the team selection for the Brisbane match.