PDA

View Full Version : Spoilers, Guns and Money - R7

GVGjr
07-05-2010, 11:59 PM
Post your thoughts on tonight's game. This could be interesting

Spoilers = A (One) player that did not quite measure up to expectations and the reasons why?
Guns = 3 players that stood out on the night and the reasons why?
Money = Someone who's skills stood out in the game? This can be one particular passage of play

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
08-05-2010, 12:14 AM
Spoiler. Hard to limit it to one player. I thought our turnovers and shocking disposal by foot tonight (conditions notwithstanding) were the worst I have seen in ages. And although he racked up the possies I thought Higgins use of the ball typified that, with Boyd not far behind.

Guns. Hard to find, but I thought Morris was one who kept his composure when others lost theirs. Aker and Griffen because when the ship was sinking fast, they lifted and showed class and composure.

Money. Brian Lake is often maligned for having critical brain fades, and whilst tonight wasn't his night overall, he made his moment count, when he took it upon himself to roll the dice and go up forward. He put his hand up to be the one who was going to stand up, not accept what was seemingly an inevitable loss and his gamble paid off with a goal that gave us a big sniff, right when it was needed.

The Underdog
08-05-2010, 12:24 AM
Spoiler - As YHF said, hard to limit it to one player, but I'll go Mitch Hahn. I'm actually a big fan of his, but in conditions that should have suited him he was absolutely rubbish. No influence on the game at all

Guns - Ben Hudson worked his arse off. His in close work was fantastic.
Do I have to come up with 3 really? Um I thought Lake was up and down but influential when it mattered & Aker had a good 3rd quarter (although I'm not sure he shouldn't have walked away last year)

Money- Karmichael Hunt looks quite good blind turning the Eiffel Tower in that Swisse Ultivite ad.

EasternWest
08-05-2010, 12:44 AM
Spoilers - Hargrave once again employing his defensive tactic of just grabbing onto an arm when outpositioned. A good rebounding backman, but an ordinary defender when outsized.

Guns - Hudson's grunt and Cross's desperation. Other things will go missing in games, but these two things are constants.

Money - Griff's left boot. Surely the most reliable opposite foot in the game :) (yes my hypocrisy knows no bounds).

anfo27
08-05-2010, 12:54 AM
Spoiler- Big bad Barry was a liability and never looked like beating his man, i hope it doesn't rain in Setember if we make it.

Guns- Harbrow just shows so much heart out there; Hudsons type of night and he just worked and worked, great effort big fella; Cross just threw himself at everything like he does every week, great courage.

Money- Harbrows tenacity and determination in tackling 3 Melbourne players one after the other that resulted in Hill kicking his second goal, great effort wee man.

Ozza
08-05-2010, 01:13 AM
Spoiler - Hargrave. He is really really struggling.

Gun - Gia. We looked our best when he got it. 22 kicks in his 32 possessions - 16 were contested, 9 tackles and did the important things all night.

Money - Jarrad Grant's chase to pressure Bartram before he spilled the ball to Griffen - to kick the sealer.

Lurgan
08-05-2010, 01:31 AM
Spoilers: I thought Higgins just couldn't keep the ball in front of himself.

Guns: Morris, hardly ever going to ground, Hudson even when he is on the ground, Giansiracusa, who looked bad going to ground a couple of times but was able to win the ball and then show composure to distribute it.

Money: Has to be Griffen kicking the winning goal, but Brian's snap wasn't bad either.

AndrewP6
08-05-2010, 01:50 AM
Spoiler - Hargrave - maybe he has the flu still ;) . Closely followed by Higgins, got a lot of it, but messed it up a bit too.

Guns - jeez, this one's hard. OK, Huddo - he's just at it relentlessly. Gia - good job all round. Morris - showed some much-needed poise.

Money - Aker's pickpocket of my boy Tom Scully, resulting in a goal.

Scorlibo
08-05-2010, 02:36 AM
Spoilers - Hargrave and Hall were both really disappointing.

Guns - Higgins was excellent, which is good to see, he played the percentages, gained the ground, which might have looked ugly but it was the right thing to do. Hudson was amazing against Jamar.

Money - Griffen's last minute goal. Was really wonderful to see him so pumped up after the goal, after the siren and then again when singing the club song.

Hotdog60
08-05-2010, 09:33 AM
Spoiler- Big bad Barry was a liability and never looked like beating his man, i hope it doesn't rain in Setember if we make it.

Guns- Harbrow just shows so much heart out there; Hudsons type of night and he just worked and worked, great effort big fella; Cross just threw himself at everything like he does every week, great courage.

Money- Harbrows tenacity and determination in tackling 3 Melbourne players one after the other that resulted in Hill kicking his second goal, great effort wee man.

I'll go with this only the spoiler for me was Josh Hill, going after the ball and didn't put his head over it. Looked at what was coming and lost the footy, not up to AFL standard and he needs to go when he has to.

Ghost Dog
08-05-2010, 09:43 AM

Yep, good to see Hill give him a salute after the goal. That goal belonged to him.

Ghost Dog
08-05-2010, 09:47 AM
Spoiler: Not much of a night for big men around the ground. Mitch Hahn, Barry Hall, etc

Guns: Harrbrow. Relentless all night, very alert and besides a few stray kicks, outstanding decision making.

Money: Has to be Brian and Ryan. That last goal of his, left foot and everything.

Go_Dogs
08-05-2010, 10:02 AM
Money - Griff's left boot. Surely the most reliable opposite foot in the game :) (yes my hypocrisy knows no bounds).

:D Haha! I told you. ;)

Spoiler - The weather. I was looking forward to a nice, free-flowing contest with lots of hard running and skillful ball use across the space of the MCG.

Guns - Giansiracusa whose playing great football at the moment, Hudson who played a great game without huge amounts of support, and Griffen for continuing his good start to the season.

Money - Griff's left footer was a beauty, but I'll go for Grant on this one with the nice goal that he kicked.