PDA

View Full Version : Ryan Griffen

Go_Dogs
08-05-2010, 09:26 AM
Who says he has no left foot? :p

Must say it was very pleasing that it was Griff who seemed to call out 2 team mates, take the ball and then snap truly, especially on a night where it hadn't quite come off for him offensively.

LostDoggy
08-05-2010, 09:37 AM
Griff has really taken his game to a new level this year. Love watching this guy play.

Go_Dogs
08-05-2010, 09:52 AM
Griff has really taken his game to a new level this year. Love watching this guy play.

Definitely has.

It was great to see him really want to take that responsibility last night, and his team mates response when he kicked the goal was great.

azabob
08-05-2010, 10:18 AM

Must say it was very pleasing that it was Griff who seemed to call out 2 team mates, take the ball and then snap truly, especially on a night where it hadn't quite come off for him offensively.

Griffen#16 no self promotion on woofer...;)

In all seriousness he has taken it to another level this year.

LostDoggy
08-05-2010, 10:21 AM
He has been great this year, too bad the melbourne player touched his left foot from the boundary on the line!

LostDoggy
08-05-2010, 11:04 AM
He has been great this year, too bad the melbourne player touched his left foot from the boundary on the line!

In the conditions i dont think you can get much better a left foot kick then that (of course one man by the name of Aker may question that)

LostDoggy
08-05-2010, 11:06 AM
In the conditions i dont think you can get much better a left foot kick then that (of course one man by the name of Aker may question that)

I was expecting Aker to kick that left foot snap he had ;)

Go_Dogs
08-05-2010, 11:17 AM
I was expecting Aker to kick that left foot snap he had ;)

Same, it would have been a classic Akermanis goal that one.

I did notice another left-footed Griff effort too, where he kicked long towards goal only to have it marked in the goal square by a Melbourne defender. Was a nice looking kick though :D

bulldogsman
08-05-2010, 12:20 PM
Same, it would have been a classic Akermanis goal that one.

I did notice another left-footed Griff effort too, where he kicked long towards goal only to have it marked in the goal square by a Melbourne defender. Was a nice looking kick though :D

Kicking it 50 metres on your left in the wet is not a bad effort, if only it had a few more metres on it.

Never thought I'd say this, his skills are becoming elite.

LostDoggy
08-05-2010, 12:26 PM
It exciting to see him finally becoming the player we all knew he could be. I know i am biased but he has the most upside of any player in the AFL.

I think his name will be mentioned with the likes of Ablett, Judd and Franklin if he keeps this consitantcy up for the next few years.

AndrewP6
08-05-2010, 01:00 PM
That last kick was a great show of "standing up", and we need more of it. Way to go, Griff! The replay was great, seeing the reaction from him and his teammates.

EasternWest
08-05-2010, 01:25 PM
Who says he has no left foot? :p.

Heh heh, me.

But I take it back, I take it all back. You were right and I was wrong:D!

bornadog
08-05-2010, 05:57 PM
Kicking it 50 metres on your left in the wet is not a bad effort, if only it had a few more metres on it.

Never thought I'd say this, his skills are becoming elite.

Last weeks goal on a tight angle, running towards the goal from 55 metres out was a ripper. I think he is in brownlow form.

boydogs
08-05-2010, 05:58 PM
Griffen#16 no self promotion on woofer...;)

I thought he was excellent :D

LostDoggy
08-05-2010, 06:19 PM
It's just great to see Ryan become the player we all knew he was always going to be - after all he has the ability, talent, poise, skills, courage, balance, and "star quality" that makes a champion!.............not that I'm biased. ;)

chef
08-05-2010, 06:32 PM

I used to but not anymore:o

The Bulldogs Bite
08-05-2010, 06:33 PM
Doubtful I've yelled any louder than what I did when Griff booted that elft foot snap last night. He's a completely different player to last year, looks far more 'comfortable' and confident. Absolutely love watching him play and his emotion after the game really made my night.

The Griff/Boyd hug was a highlight! :D

LostDoggy
08-05-2010, 07:09 PM
http://resources2.news.com.au/images/2010/05/07/1225863/837010-ryan-griffen.jpg