PDA

View Full Version : Round 7 Games

Remi Moses
08-05-2010, 10:32 PM
Round 7 games

Super win by the Dockers (first in Brissie)just going fom strength to strength and were challenged and withstood a brave Brisbane (big injuries to Brennan and Drummond)Gotta say young Hill reminds me of a combination of Jimmy and Phil Krakouer.Hate to say it but the Pies look good

Rocco Jones
08-05-2010, 10:44 PM
Can't argue with the OP.

Huge win for the Dockers. 6-1. If they keep on winning at home, they will be very difficult to displace out of the top 4.

Pies are a lock for the top 4 IMO. Freo vs Pies at Subi should be huge.

Horrible night for Lions. Go drop down 4-3 and lose two extremely valuable players in Brennan and Drummond. Brown also didn't look right. They play the Cats, Pies and us over the next 5 weeks, I see them as being sliders over that time.

LostDoggy
08-05-2010, 10:47 PM
Pies are good!
Freo was scary tonight with 23 behinds! They killed Brisbane out of the center, the lions are lucky it wasn't a 10 goal loss???

Rocco Jones
08-05-2010, 11:02 PM
Pies are good!
Freo was scary tonight with 23 behinds! They killed Brisbane out of the center, the lions are lucky it wasn't a 10 goal loss???

I put Pav and Sandi in my top 5 this week and am happy with the call. They are a fantastic pair to have.

chef
09-05-2010, 06:35 AM
I put Pav and Sandi in my top 5 this week and am happy with the call. They are a fantastic pair to have.

Good to see Pav(one of my favourite non-dogs) playing in a good side. Reward for being loyal.

LostDoggy
09-05-2010, 12:13 PM
James Brayshaw discussing Freo/Bris

(Simon Black 36 Disposals)

Black up there, playing good footy this year.

Really JB? I think he's been struggling..I don't think he would have more than 3-4 votes to his name. I think he's past it, as a champion of the game of course but I think he needs to be moved on this year or next (even if he racks up an occasional 30+) but his dominance just hasn't been there this year IMO.

Go_Dogs
09-05-2010, 07:23 PM
Sadly, the Crows look like they have run themselves into some sort of form and will walk away with an easy win. It's a sad, sad day for us South Australians ;)

comrade
09-05-2010, 07:25 PM
The only good thing about the Tigers is Dustin Martin.

That's it.

azabob
09-05-2010, 07:26 PM
Sadly, the Crows look like they have run themselves into some sort of form and will walk away with an easy win. It's a sad, sad day for us South Australians ;)

Who out of port and the Crows do you prefer to be worse off out of the two?

Do the SA papers favour one over another?

Out of people you know / work with who are worse Crows or Power supporters?

LostDoggy
09-05-2010, 07:31 PM
When will Richmond win another game? This Year? Early-Mid Next year?

They were disgraceful in that last quarter.

Dean Polo should take a long hard look at hiimself when he gets a few weeks break for his pathetic, idiotoc punch to Douglas(I think) after he kicked a goal

Go_Dogs
09-05-2010, 07:34 PM
Who out of port and the Crows do you prefer to be worse off out of the two?

Do the SA papers favour one over another?

Out of people you know / work with who are worse Crows or Power supporters?

Well, I'm a Norwood supporter, so historically we despise Port Adelaide. Most of my family/friends are Crows supporters though (very arrogant, and especially cocky heading into this season) so it's always nice to beat them, and it's good for the banter when they're doing poorly. :D

I think the media coverage here is pretty fair. When either side is playing poorly, they generally get it. The Crows seem to get more media though IMO.

I genuinely don't have too big a problem with either batch of supporters, but probably the Adelaide supporters are more biased, (and annoying), at least in my experiences. Port supporters have the more 'feral' reputation.

chef
09-05-2010, 07:36 PM
When will Richmond win another game? This Year? Early-Mid Next year?

They were disgraceful in that last quarter.

Dean Polo should take a long hard look at hiimself when he gets a few weeks break for his pathetic, idiotoc punch to Douglas(I think) after he kicked a goal

Cheap shot from a douche bag.

Go_Dogs
09-05-2010, 07:36 PM

That's it.

I know Shane Edwards often cops it for being 'soft' but I thought he played a good game today and is a fairly promising type (although obviously has a few areas he needs to continue to work on). Cotchin also looks promising and did alright on Vince early on and was involved in a few nice pieces of play.

Deledio seems to be going backwards fast, and I wouldn't be surprised if he looked for a trade at the end of the season.

Rocco Jones
09-05-2010, 07:52 PM
Caught the 2nd half of Cats vs Swans. Looks like Geelong are still into the being awesome at footy thing.

Next week's game against the Swans is massive. A win would be like rolling two sixes and landing on a ladder.

Hotdog60
09-05-2010, 07:57 PM
Isn't Port Adelaide the Collingwood of SA, if so you would have to hate them with a passion just because their B&W.

Mantis
09-05-2010, 08:03 PM

That's it.

The only good thing about Richmond is that I don't barrack for them.

chef
09-05-2010, 08:06 PM
The only good thing about Richmond is that I don't barrack for them.

And they are on the bottom of the ladder:D

The Coon Dog
09-05-2010, 08:42 PM
And they are on the bottom of the ladder:D

And if they do win the wooden spoon they will only get pick 4!

Ablett & Podsiadly must have impressed today down at the Cattery.

Freo & Collingwood should be a corker on Friday night.

What do others think of Monday night football? I'm not a big wrap to be honest, but you can bet your socks off the AFL will trumpet it as a huge success as it will rate. If it was North v Melbourne I'm not sure the ratings results would be the same, so I guess its more about who's playing rather than the day.

Rocco Jones
09-05-2010, 08:45 PM
What do others think of Monday night football? I'm not a big wrap to be honest, but you can bet your socks off the AFL will trumpet it as a huge success as it will rate. If it was North v Melbourne I'm not sure the ratings results would be the same, so I guess its more about who's playing rather than the day.

I more of a fan of it as a neutral than I would be if it were the Bulldogs playing, just comes down to having something else to watch on TV. I would prefer Tuesday night footy though as I have more than enough to watch on Monday! (Thank you ABC and various footy discussion shows).

AndrewP6
09-05-2010, 08:46 PM

Not a big fan either... not liking the prospect of going to the footy Monday night, getting home late and fronting up for work the next day. Watching on TV would be good though... in that respect, I wouldn't mind.

LostDoggy
09-05-2010, 08:54 PM
Not a big fan either... not liking the prospect of going to the footy Monday night, getting home late and fronting up for work the next day. Watching on TV would be good though... in that respect, I wouldn't mind.

I agree. This is also frustrating for Sunday Twilight games (like the one in 4 weeks against Collingwood of all teams :mad:)

Mantis
09-05-2010, 08:55 PM

Not having Foxtel I am keen to watch as many games as I can (or as many as the wife will let me) on FTA when home.

I will be home tomorrow night, but seeing as though St.Kilda are in action I will be tuning into Master Chef.

azabob
09-05-2010, 09:10 PM
Not having Foxtel I am keen to watch as many games as I can (or as many as the wife will let me) on FTA when home.

I will be home tomorrow night, but seeing as though St.Kilda are in action I will be tuning into Master Chef.

I hear your pain.

Personally don't like the idea of Monday night football.

Remi Moses
09-05-2010, 09:32 PM
I was hoping (perish the thought) Richmond would win,on the proviso that the Ferals would burn down AAMI Stadium!Watched the Cats and reckon at their best they are unbeatable.The Dogs if they get anywhere near their best should win next week!

Remi Moses
09-05-2010, 09:34 PM

I'd rather be forced to watch the old Fish tank on Channel 31 than watch that mob play.

Sockeye Salmon
10-05-2010, 09:56 AM
I've taken the little bloke to the last 3 Friday night games and it has taken him all weekend to recover.

I'll let him go to a Monday night game when he's about 15.

Go_Dogs
10-05-2010, 09:56 AM
I think tonight is going to be a pretty interesting game, just to see the style of play Carlton try to take to the Saints.

choconmientay
10-05-2010, 10:14 AM
Is anyone tipping Carlton tonight?

chef
10-05-2010, 10:21 AM

Great idea IMO(but Sunday Night would be better). For someone who can't make it to the games(very regularly) the more games in prime time the better.

Sockeye Salmon
10-05-2010, 12:15 PM

Not tipping, but certainly hoping.

choconmientay
10-05-2010, 12:52 PM
At work, 2 of my team mates are Carlton fans but they have tipped against their team. Somehow, I couldn't do that with our Bulldogs :)

aker39
10-05-2010, 12:55 PM
Caught the 2nd half of Cats vs Swans. Looks like Geelong are still into the being awesome at footy thing.

Next week's game against the Swans is massive. A win would be like rolling two sixes and landing on a ladder.

I was at Skilled Stadium yesterday, and the cats were very impressive. Pods continues to impress.

The Swans did ok early, but when the cats turned it on, they were way to good. Goodes had a quiet day.

The Bulldogs Bite
10-05-2010, 01:14 PM
Saints for mine. I think Carlton would really test them on the MCG, but ES is suited to St. Kilda's suffocation. Players like Yarran, Betts and Garlett will find it difficult to find and create space.

Having said that, I really do hope Carlton can knock them off.

AndrewP6
10-05-2010, 10:18 PM
Saints for mine. I think Carlton would really test them on the MCG, but ES is suited to St. Kilda's suffocation. Players like Yarran, Betts and Garlett will find it difficult to find and create space.

Having said that, I really do hope Carlton can knock them off.

You got your wish! (Me too!)

AndrewP6
10-05-2010, 10:19 PM

Proud to say I did!:-)

The Bulldogs Bite
10-05-2010, 10:28 PM
You got your wish! (Me too!)

I can't say I saw that coming. Huge win - they made St. Kilda look second rate.

Really wish we had one or two of a Yarran/Betts/Garlett type.

AndrewP6
10-05-2010, 10:36 PM

Hmm, they add a fair bit...

AndrewP6
10-05-2010, 10:44 PM
Jeez, Chris Yarran hasn't overdosed on the modesty pill has he? Bagging the Aints slow backline, talking up the Carlton "indigenous boys", talking about finals... a great win, but don't get ahead of yourself, son!

Anyone else feel the constant referrals to the indigenous boys is a bit odd? Imagine Judd talking about him, Murphy and Gibbs as "us white fellas"...

Remi Moses
11-05-2010, 02:11 AM
Didn't see much of it but glad to see Stkilda get pansted.By all accounts 1116 Saints Groupie radio might cease transmission!Gee if only we got the result last week questions would asked of them...:eek:

choconmientay
11-05-2010, 06:52 AM
Proud to say I did!:-)

Same did I. Straight away after the game, I did gave it to my mates as they are looking foolish now not sticking with their team :D

chef
11-05-2010, 07:35 AM

Yep, Setanta's little helpers(thanks Tom Harley:D) were good last night.

Go_Dogs
11-05-2010, 10:01 AM
Carlton's speed (both leg speed and ball movement) on the transition is so quick. Not many teams are going to be able to counter them when they're on, and on the MCG I think they are an even tougher proposition.

Very pleasing that they knocked St Kilda off with that game style, and perhaps it will influence our thinking next time we play St Kilda. They were able to move the ball very quickly, and have one on ones running back into an open F50. Either marked, or contest and crumb. It worked very well, looked very easy and really caught St Kilda off guard.

Mantis
11-05-2010, 10:10 AM
Very pleasing that they knocked St Kilda off with that game style, and perhaps it will influence our thinking next time we play St Kilda. They were able to move the ball very quickly, and have one on ones running back into an open F50. Either marked, or contest and crumb. It worked very well, looked very easy and really caught St Kilda off guard.

As did we, but we were just too scared to kick the ball in this situation.

bornadog
11-05-2010, 12:30 PM
Carlton's speed (both leg speed and ball movement) on the transition is so quick. Not many teams are going to be able to counter them when they're on, and on the MCG I think they are an even tougher proposition.

Didn't work well against the Pies.

Bulldog4life
11-05-2010, 01:14 PM

That's true but then Collingwood are a speedy team too whilst the Saints are slower.

Go_Dogs
11-05-2010, 01:29 PM

No it didn't, but has against Geelong and St Kilda, so they're definitely doing something right.

The Bulldogs Bite
11-05-2010, 09:28 PM

Carlton were right with them for three quarters. I think they're a much better side without Fevola.

azabob
11-05-2010, 09:35 PM
Carlton were right with them for three quarters. I think they're a much better side without Fevola.

Hopefully our form turns around so opposition supporters don't say the same thing about us.

Go_Dogs
12-05-2010, 09:30 AM
As did we, but we were just too scared to kick the ball in this situation.

Whilst I can't disagree that that may have been our plan, I'm not sure we have the type of forwards to enable such a plan to work. It looked so good for Carlton because as soon as the ball hits the deck, that is when they are most dangerous. If we can't take the mark, it's a trampoline.