PDA

View Full Version : Play the Dogs ~ and lose next week.

Ozza
17-05-2010, 12:57 PM
Apologies if this has ben brought up elsewhere and I haven't seen it; but on Saturday night a caller rang SEN with a very interesting observation about the Bulldogs.

He said he'd done the figures and since the start of 2008 - teams playing the bulldogs have lost the following week - 80% of the time. He also reminded us that the last two losing grand finalists had beaten us in the prelim and run out of steam in the GF.

Looking at this year:

Collingwood - fell in vs Melbourne and probably shouldn't have won.
Richmond - got thumped v Sydney but we expected that.
Hawthorn - trounced by Collingwood.
Brisbane - very flat vs Melbourne and were soundly beaten.
Adelaide - level with Port at half time and completely overrun.
Saints - belted by carlton - very flat.
Melbourne - very flat and only one goal after half time v WCE.

Something to keep in mind for your tipping at least! Will be interesting to see how Sydney go at home versus Freo this week.

LostDoggy
17-05-2010, 01:10 PM
Reminds me of the extraordinary Michael Chang/Lleyton Hewitt stats in Grand Slams.

These two uber-competitive players never won another Grand Slam after some success as teenagers (although Lleyton may still do it), but something like 70-80% of winners of Grand Slams in the last two decades have played either of these two guys on their way to the title, often in quarter-finals or later. It's like Chang/Hewitt were no longer good enough to win 7 games in a row, but still played at such a gruelling, competitive level that players who managed to compete hard enough to beat these guys generally carried that level of form throughout the rest of the tournament.

chef
17-05-2010, 01:21 PM
Will be interesting to see how Sydney go at home versus Freo this week.

Hopefully Sydney can go against the grain as Freo losing and us winning by a bigger margin than Carlton will give us 3rd position.

LostDoggy
17-05-2010, 04:51 PM
I've been onto this since last year, one of my secret tipping methods. I'm shit at tipping, so it's helped! :)

azabob
17-05-2010, 07:29 PM
Apologies if this has ben brought up elsewhere and I haven't seen it; but on Saturday night a caller rang SEN with a very interesting observation about the Bulldogs.

It was in the AGE last week.