PDA

View Full Version : Ayce out for the season

chef
18-05-2010, 08:48 AM
According to the Dogs website. Gives him a chance to really bulk up and get fit for next season as he wouldn't have had much of a look in this year anyway(fingers crossed). Hopefully he gets done what Andrew Walker got done as his shoulders are now indestructible.

Injury List
Ayce Cordy - Shoulder - Season

http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/

LostDoggy
18-05-2010, 09:28 AM
From what I've seen of the young fella, it's worth the wait. Hope he gets his fitness up and achieves the goals the team has set for him in the meantime.

Desipura
18-05-2010, 09:44 AM
Not good news, hope it does not become an ongoing injury that he has to manage. The positive side is he can concentrate on putting more weight on and hopefully start next season around the 100kg mark.

Mofra
18-05-2010, 10:29 AM
Going to be hard to bulk up on a shoulder recovery program. Even the major lower body bulking exercises (deads & squats) can't be done with a bung shoulder.

G-Mo77
18-05-2010, 03:06 PM
Would rather him playing even if it is VFL magoo's, he really needs some games under his belt and not just one or two here and there either.

Didn't he have shoulder problems before he was drafted? It's worrying.

chef
18-05-2010, 03:09 PM
Would rather him playing even if it is VFL magoo's, he really needs some games under his belt and not just one or two here and there either.

Didn't he have shoulder problems before he was drafted? It's worrying.

Yeah, he did his shoulder playing basketball.

Does anyone know if it's his other shoulder that he hurt this time or the same one?

Mantis
18-05-2010, 03:20 PM
Does anyone know if it's his other shoulder that he hurt this time or the same one?

Same one as per this article (http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/season2010/news/newsarticle/tabid/4112/newsid/94531/default.aspx)

'........... the news is worse for 2008 draftee Ayce Cordy, with the emerging tall ruled out for the season after a shoulder reconstruction.

Eade said Cordy, 19, had dislocated the shoulder that was operated on two years ago.

"It's a bit of a shame for him. We're just taking the long-term view; we seem him as a long-term player," he said.

"He's frustrated and would like to come back. He's probably right to play late August but we just think it's not worth it.

"He can spend a bit more time in rehab getting his body a bit stronger so he can attack pre-season and hopefully in the future he doesn't have anymore hiccups."

Topdog
18-05-2010, 03:40 PM
God damn that is a shame for the kid. Another year with no improving in games.

chef
18-05-2010, 04:13 PM
Same one as per this article (http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/season2010/news/newsarticle/tabid/4112/newsid/94531/default.aspx)

Eade said Cordy, 19, had dislocated the shoulder that was operated on two years ago.

It's not good that it's the same shoulder:(.

jazzadogs
18-05-2010, 04:16 PM

'........... the news is worse for 2008 draftee Ayce Cordy, with the emerging tall ruled out for the season after a shoulder reconstruction.

"It's a bit of a shame for him. We're just taking the long-term view; we seem him as a long-term player," he said.

"He's frustrated and would like to come back. He's probably right to play late August but we just think it's not worth it.

"He can spend a bit more time in rehab getting his body a bit stronger so he can attack pre-season and hopefully in the future he doesn't have anymore hiccups."
I like the approach that he might be ready to play games in August, but they will not risk him at that stage, instead allowing him to ensure that he is fit and ready to go for pre-season.

LostDoggy
18-05-2010, 04:28 PM
Going to be hard to bulk up on a shoulder recovery program. Even the major lower body bulking exercises (deads & squats) can't be done with a bung shoulder.

He says that effectively, he'll begin training to get ready for the pre-season in August.

LostDoggy
18-05-2010, 05:26 PM
He says that effectively, he'll begin training to get ready for the pre-season in August.

A PRE-preseason?

LostDoggy
18-05-2010, 05:35 PM
A PRE-preseason?

Might take off…

GVGjr
18-05-2010, 06:58 PM
This is one of the reasons why I was concerned about having two19yo with a history of shoulder injuries as the back-up to Hudson and Minson.

Hopefully Cordy can make a good recovery.

Hotdog60
18-05-2010, 10:03 PM
With Cordy out for the Season, will this keep Moles on the senoir list?

soupman
19-05-2010, 02:54 PM
With Cordy out for the Season, will this keep Moles on the senoir list?

I'm unsure if Thorne was put on the LTIL (and if he was then this starts from now) but effectively with Cordy out for the rest of the season we will have two available spots for promoted rookies from round 11 onwards. This means Moles is on the senior list for the entire year, and from round 11 onwards any of Panos, Hooper, Rose, Daniels or Prato can be promoted.

Hotdog60
19-05-2010, 07:29 PM
I haven't seen much of Rose, could he be a replacement for Johnson when he's not playing.

Used in a lead up pocket player and possible crummer.

Mantis
19-05-2010, 07:47 PM
I haven't seen much of Rose, could he be a replacement for Johnson when he's not playing.

Hill, Stack & Grant are filling in for Johnson at present, one or more may stay there when/ if he returns.

If more than 1 of these guys fall over and Johnno is still out we could think about Rose, but not now.

Mofra
20-05-2010, 10:15 AM

I haven't seen much of the "crumber" in Rose in the VFL games I've seen (although mostly watched him 2008/2009). He seems very much a lead-up type.

soupman
20-05-2010, 02:00 PM

I believe Rose has been used in the VFl in the past as a lead up player, much like Johnson, and this year as a midfielder.

alwaysadog
22-05-2010, 11:32 PM
Walked past two young giants on level one at Etihad today. One looked like someone who had recently played in the ruck for us the other had an arm in a sling.