PDA

View Full Version : Scam at watergardens

Desipura
18-05-2010, 03:29 PM
Guys/Girls,
I just received a call from my brother who had money taken out of his Commonwealth Bank account at Watergardens.
Apparently it has been traced from someone in England. Luckily it was not a huge amount of money and has been assured by the bank that he will be getting most of it back.
Just a note for anyone that may have an account at Watergardens, to check their accounts and hopefully they have not suffered the same fate as my brother.

Mod, feel free to move this thread to the appropriate forum.

The Coon Dog
18-05-2010, 03:32 PM
Many people are having their cards scanned when using an ATM, where the crooks make modifications to the machine & have a camera working to get your pin number.

I have a really good email from the CBA about it with pictures. PM me with your email address if you want me to send it to you.

Desipura
18-05-2010, 03:34 PM
Many people are having their cards scanned when using an ATM, where the crooks make modifications to the machine & have a camera working to get your pin number.

I have a really good email from the CBA about it with pictures. PM me with your email address if you want me to send it to you.
Yes, I have seen that one, thanks all the same. As a result of that email, I have a good look at the ATM machine for modifications before I use it.

LostDoggy
18-05-2010, 06:45 PM
Best to just get in the habit of using your other hand to cover the keypad while you enter your pin.

But my wife and I just always take money out at the registers after we purchase something.

Desipura
19-05-2010, 10:27 AM
Best to just get in the habit of using your other hand to cover the keypad while you enter your pin.

That is not how they got his PIN.

aker39
19-05-2010, 11:02 AM
That is not how they got his PIN.

I'll ask it - how did they get it

The Coon Dog
19-05-2010, 12:53 PM
Skimming devices found on Melbourne ATMs including Chapel St, Watergardens Shopping Centre and Karingal Hub (http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/skimming-device-found-on-atm-in-chapel-st-entertainment-venue/story-e6frf7jo-1225868459996)