PDA

View Full Version : Advertising WOOF

Scraggers
18-05-2010, 07:51 PM
I think its time we start using this WOOF paraphernalia (Ben Hudson Beard T-Shirts / WOOF Hats / WOOF Scarves) to advertise this great website.

My idea ... take a photo of yourself (or loved ones) wearing said items in unusual / different / overseas / funny locations ... the more unusal / way out the better !!

(but remember you are still advertising WOOF ... no good if you are the only person in the photo ... who are you advertising too!!)

Post the photo on this thread ... this could be fun ... how imaginative are we ;)

Get to it WOOFERS !!

LostDoggy
18-05-2010, 08:01 PM
Good idea - ive posted it before but I will again :D

Not a good photo of me but anyway, atop the Seattle Space Needle

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs028.snc3/11563_205561227574_801917574_4152540_4962074_n.jpg

LostDoggy
18-05-2010, 08:25 PM
Give me two years & i will take photos all over Canada :)

LostDoggy
18-05-2010, 08:27 PM

Went there last year but didn't get the chance to take my 4 layers off would of froze to death ;)

LostDoggy
18-05-2010, 08:57 PM
Went there last year but didn't get the chance to take my 4 layers off would of froze to death ;)

Soft! ;)

I can't wait to get there.

KT31
19-05-2010, 12:37 AM
Do we really want people from Big Footy ect to post here?

Scraggers
19-05-2010, 04:48 AM
Do we really want people from Big Footy ect to post here?

This is a poor response ... we have a number of people who used to (or still do) post on Big Footy that are fantastic contributors here on WOOF. Yes there is a number of idiots on Big Footy, but there are also a large number of good contributors there too.

But who says people from BF is who we are targeting with the advertising !! We have over 30,000 members this year ... how many of them have computers??

The mods do a great job running this website, keeping the trash talk to a minimum ... I for one, would love to have more people know about our wonderful site

LostDoggy
19-05-2010, 11:43 AM

Very cool!

Will be doing a photo/digital art/panoramic series at different locations at the World Cup in SA with a toy horse (long story) for an exhibition later this year; also will be traveling through NY and large chunks of Spain/Italy/France at the end of the year, and planning another photog series then, happy to bring my WOOF scarf along and chuck it on the horse for a few shots. :)

LostDoggy
19-05-2010, 01:29 PM
A while ago, I was given a WOOF business card by someone but I can't remember who (had a few grogs in me on the day). Would love some more to help spread the word (or should that be the WOOF?) around. Easy to sling someone a card without having to try to remember URLs or finding a pen and paper to write it down. Anyone?

The Coon Dog
19-05-2010, 01:59 PM
A while ago, I was given a WOOF business card by someone but I can't remember who (had a few grogs in me on the day). Would love some more to help spread the word (or should that be the WOOF?) around. Easy to sling someone a card without having to try to remember URLs or finding a pen and paper to write it down. Anyone?

Didn't know such creatures existed.

LostDoggy
19-05-2010, 02:32 PM

Give SEN a call.

GVGjr
19-05-2010, 06:49 PM

Didn't know such creatures existed.

I still have about 60 left from a batch of 500 that was printed when the site first started.

I think Twodogs provided DaDruid the card from memory.
To be honest they really didn't have the desired effect at all and we might have been lucky to have 20 people joining on the strength of being given a business card.

LostDoggy
19-05-2010, 06:53 PM
Very cool!

Will be doing a photo/digital art/panoramic series at different locations at the World Cup in SA with a toy horse (long story) for an exhibition later this year; also will be traveling through NY and large chunks of Spain/Italy/France at the end of the year, and planning another photog series then, happy to bring my WOOF scarf along and chuck it on the horse for a few shots. :)

Awesome work!

Me and my family are moving over to Canada for good, planning to live over there for the rest of our lives. So i got plenty of time to get around the place with WOOF gear, will also being spreading the word regarding the dogs when i get there :)

You booked in to watch all of Australia's matches?

Twodogs
19-05-2010, 07:04 PM

That was me. It was one day at the Buckingham earlier in the year.

Twodogs
19-05-2010, 07:05 PM
I still have about 60 left from a batch of 500 that was printed when the site first started.

To be honest they really didn't have the desired effect at all and we might have been lucky to have 20 people joining on the strength of being given a business card.

Yeah. I think the caps have had more affect.

craigsahibee
19-05-2010, 07:54 PM
Did my best to sell WOOF and BHBAS T shirts in Canberra on the weekend. Must have mentioned WOOF.net and redbubble at least 30 times.

choconmientay
19-05-2010, 08:27 PM
Awesome work!

Me and my family are moving over to Canada for good, planning to live over there for the rest of our lives.

Woahhh, you will miss our great game for sure. American football will not be as good :) (in Canada, they also play American Football ... i think ... )

Mantis
19-05-2010, 11:28 PM
Did my best to sell WOOF and BHBAS T shirts in Canberra on the weekend. Must have mentioned WOOF.net and redbubble at least 30 times.

You didn't try and sell me one or did you??.... You probably did, but I was that hammered that I couldn't even remember my user-name.

Gotta love the cheap schooners at Eastlakes.

bornadog
19-05-2010, 11:43 PM
You didn't try and sell me one or did you??.... You probably did, but I was that hammered that I couldn't even remember my user-name.

Gotta love the cheap schooners at Eastlakes.

and that was well before the game:D

LostDoggy
20-05-2010, 03:07 PM
That was me. It was one day at the Buckingham earlier in the year.

Explains the groggy memory.:rolleyes:

Could do with a few if you can spare them.

LostDoggy
20-05-2010, 06:59 PM
Woahhh, you will miss our great game for sure. American football will not be as good :) (in Canada, they also play American Football ... i think ... )

I am a massive Ice Hockey fan, so i should be right :D

choconmientay
20-05-2010, 07:26 PM

Do they have hot pies, sausages roll and VB at the Ice Hockey game mate? :rolleyes:

LostDoggy
20-05-2010, 07:46 PM
Do they have hot pies, sausages roll and VB at the Ice Hockey game mate? :rolleyes:

Nope but they have Beer, Pretzels and Hot Dogs :D

LostDoggy
20-05-2010, 07:59 PM

I hope not, terrible stuff.

LostDoggy
20-05-2010, 08:05 PM
I hope not, terrible stuff.

I agree, but their equivalent is Molson Canadian, stay away from it ;)

LostDoggy
20-05-2010, 08:27 PM

Yeah, i have already been warned.

Might have to ship over some brew :)

Dry Rot
21-05-2010, 01:26 PM

I gave out a few at the Alexandria Hotel when there some supporters watching games on TV.

May still be useful for interstate WOOF folk attending similar venues.

LostDoggy
21-05-2010, 05:09 PM

http://listsoplenty.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/vomit.jpg

LostDoggy
21-05-2010, 06:37 PM
I have been considering getting a Hudson T-shirt to wear to Florida next month, but FDOTM wasn't very nice to me after beating me in SC ;)

Flamethrower
22-05-2010, 10:42 AM

That's what happens when you miss their summer. I think it falls on July 17th this year. :D

They play Canadian Football - while it looks the same to the untrained eye, it is a very different game. There are 2 big things Canadians hate - being call Americans and calling their version of football, American football.

No. Molson (avoid), LaBatts (ditto) or Moosehead (best) beer, beer and more beer.

As for advertising WOOF, I have noticed links to this website on a few posts on Big Footy (thankfully the mods over there haven't).

LostDoggy
23-05-2010, 10:28 PM
Awesome work!

Me and my family are moving over to Canada for good, planning to live over there for the rest of our lives. So i got plenty of time to get around the place with WOOF gear, will also being spreading the word regarding the dogs when i get there :)

Wow! that's a heck of a long way to do a tree/sea change? You must love the cold, I'm thinking? At least you will be able to keep track of things on WOOF - will you get to see any of our games via the internet?

LostDoggy
23-05-2010, 10:33 PM
Wow! that's a heck of a long way to do a tree/sea change? You must love the cold, I'm thinking? At least you will be able to keep track of things on WOOF - will you get to see any of our games via the internet?

Yeah, i am definitely a winter person.

I was talking to my mate who lives over there in British Columbia & he was saying there is a channel over there which broadcasts AFL games, he got to watch Hawthorn v Carlton live over there today.

mighty_west
24-05-2010, 12:32 PM
Very cool!

I shall also be travelling OS in Nov/Dec, doing one of those European tours which include Italy, France, Switz etc. as well as doing Canada & the States, the Beard / Woof scarf will be the first thing i pack, and will serve 2 purposes, to find it's way in scenic photo sessions, as well as keeping the neck warm, going to be rather chilly over there.

LostDoggy
26-05-2010, 02:53 PM
I thought this was a bit random..

Just when to a bulk billing place (sick and when you need a certificate you do what you can) to see 'Dr Wong'

Just on Roberts st, Kingsville around the corner. Walked in wearing my Bulldogs fleece and got chatty with the receptionist (Doctors wife) about Fridays game etc. As im leaving I noticed on a sticky pad she had written down woof.net and .au below it. Anyone been to this little Doctor recently? ;)

Desipura
26-05-2010, 03:34 PM

Just when to a bulk billing place (sick and when you need a certificate you do what you can) to see 'Dr Wong'

Just on Roberts st, Kingsville around the corner. Walked in wearing my Bulldogs fleece and got chatty with the receptionist (Doctors wife) about Fridays game etc. As im leaving I noticed on a sticky pad she had written down woof.net and .au below it. Anyone been to this little Doctor recently? ;)
I prefer Vernon St Kingsville, $100.00 for a year membership and the whole family can go as many times as they need to.

GVGjr
26-05-2010, 07:22 PM

A guy I work with swears by Dr How Long. I don't think he follows the Doggies though :)

Doc26
26-05-2010, 11:14 PM

And then there's Tim Hortons Brier or as I knew it then the Labatts's Brier.

btw You don't happen to be a Canadiens fan by any chance ?

KT31
27-05-2010, 12:13 AM
I prefer Vernon St Kingsville, $100.00 for a year membership and the whole family can go as many times as they need to.

Thats if you can get in.

LostDoggy
29-05-2010, 05:08 PM
btw You don't happen to be a Canadiens fan by any chance ?

Nope, Calgary.

LostDoggy
31-05-2010, 10:38 AM
I hope you get to see some Melbourne Storm games over in Canada JH40!! :)

LostDoggy
31-05-2010, 08:36 PM
I hope you get to see some Melbourne Storm games over in Canada JH40!! :)

I know Rugby is massive over there, not so sure about League.

I did here a little while back that League was getting reformed over there, so hopefully they show some games & even maybe a national comp. It's pretty easy to stream NRL games, so i think i should be right.