HB: Ryan Hargrave, Tom Williams, Lindsay Gilbee
C: Josh Hill, Matthew Boyd, Daniel Cross
HF: Brennan Stack, Mitch Hahn, Jason Akermanis
F: Jarrad Grant, Barry Hall, Daniel Giansiracusa
Foll: Ben Hudson, Adam Cooney, Ryan Griffen
I/C: Dylan Addison, Nathan Eagleton, Will Minson, Liam Picken
Emg: Andrejs Everitt, Brodie Moles, Easton Wood

In: Griffen Picken
Out: Higgins (general soreness), Murphy (knee)

North Melbourne

B: Michael Firrito, Scott Thompson, Brady Rawlings
HB: Nathan Grima, Lachlan Hansen, Daniel Pratt
C: Jack Ziebell, Sam Wright, Ryan Bastinac
HF: Aaron Edwards, Josh Smith, Brent Harvey
F: Daniel Wells, Nathan O'Keefe, Lindsay Thomas
Foll: Todd Goldstein, Andrew Swallow, Levi Greenwood
I/C: Scott McMahon, Ben Cunnington, Leigh Harding, Matt Campbell
Emg: Brayden Norris, Corey Jones, Cruize Garlett

In: Campbell, O'Keefe
Out: David Hale (back), Cruize Garlett

New: Nathan O'Keefe (Eastern Ranges)

LostDoggy
20-05-2010, 06:08 PM
Higgins?

Well I never.

chef
20-05-2010, 06:13 PM
About time they rested Higgo as he has been really struggling.

choconmientay
20-05-2010, 06:16 PM
Hill & Eagleton seems to have a lot of credits as they both are listed in the line-up. I hope this is just a mind game and Moles/Everitt get selected at the last minute.

LostDoggy
20-05-2010, 06:19 PM
Higgins hasn't been playing the best lately and doesn't look fit at all..if hes injured best to rest him, good decision.

Happy to have Picken back hope he towels up Harvey again!

Corey Jones as an Emerg is interesting..

bornadog
20-05-2010, 06:20 PM
Hill & Eagleton seems to have a lot of credits as they both are listed in the line-up. I hope this is just a mind game and Moles/Everitt get selected at the last minute.

Everitt has been playing well this year and the injury came at the wrong time.

divvydan
20-05-2010, 06:20 PM
Nth without Petrie, Hale and McIntosh, all of a sudden it's quite a small team. Goldstein will do almost all the rucking so hopefully we can work him over. Bringing in two mids this week is a good idea, Grant, Hill and Stack are enough forwards anyway, although Hill can play further upfield.

Templeton31
20-05-2010, 06:24 PM
My old man and I both noticed before half time in Canberra that Higgo was hobbling round. Seemed to be ok when running for ball etc but then as ball left the area would hobble off towards wherever he had to position himself next.

bornadog
20-05-2010, 06:26 PM
My old man and I both noticed before half time in Canberra that Higgo was hobbling round. Seemed to be ok when running for ball etc but then as ball left the area would hobble off towards wherever he had to position himself next.

Good week to rest him.

LostDoggy
20-05-2010, 06:28 PM

Agree, rather have Moles and Everitt although with Eagleton he will probably get a kick as we are not playing a top side

choconmientay
20-05-2010, 06:28 PM
Everitt has been playing well this year and the injury came at the wrong time.

He's listed in the emergency so he must be ready for a come back. Once day, I sat next to him at the Seagull's game. We exchanged few words about the Bulldogs game (How he got his eyebrows cut during the game) He is a nice young man. Gentle for his tall stature. I hope he will play through the whole season in the Senior :)

Templeton31
20-05-2010, 06:31 PM
Picken in for the job on Harvey?

lemmon
20-05-2010, 06:33 PM
Picken in for the job on Harvey?

I'd imagine so, perhaps Wells?

choconmientay
20-05-2010, 06:37 PM
Nice to see the speedy recovery of our best tagger :) We need him to steady the midfield (put a stop to opposition r/gunner) :)

Cyberdoggie
20-05-2010, 06:43 PM
Western Bulldogs
In: Griffen Picken
Out: Higgins (general soreness), Murphy (knee)

Ahh General Soreness!

Hopefully the team doesn't get an appearance from his other army buddies,
Major Dissapointment and General Disarray, as they are not as welcoming. :p

Cyberdoggie
20-05-2010, 06:46 PM
Also worth noting that Williamstown will have a week off this week due to the state game.

So Those emergencies won't be playing any football.

Wouldn't surprise me to see another change or two to give Moles or Wood a game.
I think Everitt will have another week off.

Greystache
20-05-2010, 06:48 PM
Great to have Picken back in the side, I'm shocked at how underated he is at times by some of our supporters.

LostDoggy
20-05-2010, 07:01 PM
If Everitt is fully fit, surely he needs to be played.

ReLoad
20-05-2010, 07:01 PM
Higgins groin is shot, hence his being rested, the old "General soreness" is right up their with Jonnnos achillies related flu from a few weeks back.

Its never a good week to rest players, North will be right on our tails, so id expect this to be a lot closer than most people are thinking.

divvydan
20-05-2010, 07:05 PM
Given our history of naming emergencies this season who haven't been fit such as Johnson and Boyd, doesn't really surprise me to see Everitt being named as an emergency even if he's not fit. Will be interesting to see what role Addison plays with Picken back in the side as I don't think we need two full lock down players in the team.

chef
20-05-2010, 07:09 PM
Given our history of naming emergencies this season who haven't been fit such as Johnson and Boyd, doesn't really surprise me to see Everitt being named as an emergency even if he's not fit. Will be interesting to see what role Addison plays with Picken back in the side as I don't think we need two full lock down players in the team.

Maybe looking after Wells.

Mantis
20-05-2010, 07:12 PM
Higgins groin is shot, hence his being rested, the old "General soreness" is right up their with Jonnnos achillies related flu from a few weeks back.

Its never a good week to rest players, North will be right on our tails, so id expect this to be a lot closer than most people are thinking.

So would you prefer him to play and do more damage OR would you prefer him to be 'rested' this week such that he will be ok for our coming games?

BulldogBelle
20-05-2010, 07:53 PM
Bad news about Higgins - unfair how some people have bagged him for poor form if he's been carrying an injury too.

LostDoggy
20-05-2010, 10:20 PM
I cant see Picken coming straight back in this week. Wouldnt surprise me to see Picken out and Moles or Everitt brought in as a late change.

We usually struggle with North, so lets hope our boys are on their game as they tend not to be against North!

GVGjr
20-05-2010, 10:28 PM
I cant see Picken coming straight back in this week. Wouldnt surprise me to see Picken out and Moles or Everitt brought in as a late change.

We usually struggle with North, so lets hope our boys are on their game as they tend not to be against North!

We have struggled with North however, it's normally because of their bigger blokes. This time with no Petrie, McIntosh and Hale we are probably more concerned by their smaller players.

I think Picken will play.

ReLoad
21-05-2010, 07:51 AM
So would you prefer him to play and do more damage OR would you prefer him to be 'rested' this week such that he will be ok for our coming games?

I was replying to others people posts about how this week was a good week to rest players.

Higgins needs time off, no question.

My point was to indicate that North are going to be pushing us hard, so the statement "its a good time to rest players" to me is crock, because i dont think in AFL football there is ever a good time to rest players.

bornadog
21-05-2010, 10:12 AM
I was replying to others people posts about how this week was a good week to rest players.

My point was to indicate that North are going to be pushing us hard, so the statement "its a good time to rest players" to me is crock, because i dont think in AFL football there is ever a good time to rest players.

Thats true, but some games are tougher than others, eg if we were playing Geelong or Collingwood.

Mofra
21-05-2010, 10:15 AM
Ahh General Soreness!

Hopefully the team doesn't get an appearance from his other army buddies,
Major Dissapointment and General Disarray, as they are not as welcoming. :p
Admiral post Cyberdoggie, we salute you

Mofra
21-05-2010, 10:17 AM
Collingwood are on top of the ladder and they have been resting senior players/rotating them throught he VFL with reduced gametime.

In a few seasons there will probably be fewer players who play all 22 games given how taxing the modern game is on the body.

Doc26
21-05-2010, 10:25 AM

Resting, as is general soreness, is somewhat down playing it. He's not resting due tiredness. Call it non optional necessary rehab.

bornadog
21-05-2010, 10:49 AM
Resting, as is general soreness, is somewhat down playing it. He's not resting due tiredness. Call it non optional necessary rehab.

However, if its a groin then it could take awhile to rest.

Ozza
21-05-2010, 10:51 AM
Bad news about Higgins - unfair how some people have bagged him for poor form if he's been carrying an injury too.

I may be well and truly on my own on this one - but I thought what Higgins did last week was mostly good. When the game had to be won he was in the thick of it and was involved in plenty of our scores - and was clean with his hands off the turf. As the game wore on he looked sore - so I'm glad he is getting a week.

Good to see Picko back this week.

Doc26
21-05-2010, 12:26 PM
However, if its a groin then it could take awhile to rest.

Yes I agree with you. I was more indicating that the decision to 'rest' Shaun you would think would be more through medical necessity rather than a MC choice.

As the game wore on he looked sore - so I'm glad he is getting a week.

Ozza, what makes you believe the 'rest' will only be limited to a week, hope ?

LostDoggy
21-05-2010, 12:46 PM
Reid
Higgins
Ward
Tiller

All have or had OP. What is going on with this. I find this totally wrong that a player cannot be seen to be playing under duress yet we keep playing them. Even I could tell Reid was not right last year. Medical staff needs to answer for this in my opinion.

Mantis
21-05-2010, 02:23 PM
Reid
Higgins
Ward
Tiller

All have or had OP. What is going on with this. I find this totally wrong that a player cannot be seen to be playing under duress yet we keep playing them. Even I could tell Reid was not right last year. Medical staff needs to answer for this in my opinion.

Tiller and Reid didn't have OP. They had groin/ hip problems which required surgery. Reid especially wanted to play on through the pain as he wanted to play finals, but as we saw the injury got a hold of him and he had to stop.

I have been told that Ward isn't suffering from OP (no doubt Desipura will refute this claim), but does have some groin problems which required treatment and then rest which is what has been done.

Higgins has had some groin problems in the past and may have them into the future, and yes it will need to be carefully managed which is what the club seems to be doing by resting him for this upcoming game even though Shaun is pretty keen to keep playing.

Bulldog4life
21-05-2010, 03:06 PM
Tiller and Reid didn't have OP. They had groin/ hip problems which required surgery. Reid especially wanted to play on through the pain as he wanted to play finals, but as we saw the injury got a hold of him and he had to stop.

He was quoted just recently saying how he hid the problem intentionally from the medical team. He now understands how foolish that was.

Ozza
21-05-2010, 03:17 PM
Ozza, what makes you believe the 'rest' will only be limited to a week, hope ?

Doc, if you know how long Higgins will be out why don't you just tell us.

I have no idea how long Higgins will be out - but having the club downplay it as general soreness - and seeing as he played out all previous games I was under the impression he may just miss one week.

I'm not the man's doctor, physio etc - so I wouldn't have a clue other than what the club puts out there.

bornadog
21-05-2010, 03:45 PM

I have no idea how long Higgins will be out - but having the club downplay it as general soreness - and seeing as he played out all previous games I was under the impression he may just miss one week.

I'm not the man's doctor, physio etc - so I wouldn't have a clue other than what the club puts out there.

Yes, I am sick of the games the club plays on the website with the Injury List. The past three weeks no mention of Roughead, Moles (when he was injured), Everitt???

Doc26
21-05-2010, 05:04 PM

Not sure if anyone knows the answer yet to how long Shaun will miss.

We can all see how Shaun is labouring in his movement and pushing / willing himself through it each week. His intensity has been questioned when the reality is that his movement is being hampered through a groin condition which he now has some history with. I don't know what the club will elect to do with Shaun beyond this round because up and firing he is such a vital cog for us and the temptation will always be there to play him. I do have faith that a longer term view that benefits Shaun and the Club will be taken rather than rolling the dice with him and rushing him back too soon. This weeks decision is part testament to this.

Desipura
21-05-2010, 07:33 PM
I have been told that Ward isn't suffering from OP (no doubt Desipura will refute this claim), but does have some groin problems which required treatment and then rest which is what has been done.
Why would I refute your claim? Who am I to question you over Ms Ward word?

The Coon Dog
21-05-2010, 08:18 PM
Why would I refute your claim? Who am I to question you over Ms Ward word?

Isn't that exactly what you've done?