PDA

View Full Version : Spoilers, Guns and Money - R9

GVGjr
22-05-2010, 08:01 PM
Give us your thoughts

Spoilers = A (One) player that did not quite measure up to expectations and the reasons why?
Guns = 3 players that stood out on the night and the reasons why?
Money = Someone who's skills stood out in the game? This can be one particular passage of play.

LostDoggy
22-05-2010, 11:16 PM
Spoiler - Hard one in a side that wins by 70 but i will go with a ten minute period in the last quater. We really need to put sides away and dont. we let north kick 3 goals and didnt look intrested.

Guns - Cooney, Lake and Grant. Cooney was awesome all day. Lake was very very good and Grant is really coming on in leaps and bounds, should hopefully be right up there for a Rising star this week

Money - Griffens Left foot snap in the first, no time no space, one step goal.

westdog54
23-05-2010, 12:22 AM
Give us your thoughts

Spoilers = A (One) player that did not quite measure up to expectations and the reasons why?
Guns = 3 players that stood out on the night and the reasons why?
Money = Someone who's skills stood out in the game? This can be one particular passage of play.

Spoiler: Eagleton. Disposal was awful at times and has lost a lot of pace over the last couple of years. Running out of chances.

Guns: Cooney. Absolutely outstanding. 12 Touches 20 minutes into the first quarter and never looked back. Best game I've seen him play live.
Williams: By no means best on ground but contested/defended extremely well and decision making impressed me. Firmly cementing himself in the side.
Boyd: Mr Everywhere. Tackled/pressured all day, great composure all day and used the ball beautifully.

Money: Jarrad Grant's hanger. I think he used today to remind a few people why he went at pick 5. Had a very good day IMO

AndrewP6
23-05-2010, 01:32 AM
Spoilers - The monkey whistleblowers.

Guns - Cooney: Explosive, exciting, enjoyable.
Lake: A lot of 'nothing' possies, but still rock-solid
Hall: for slotting a few, giving off a few, and for NOT belting the intestines out of Thompson.

Money: Griff's left footer in the first quarter.

LostDoggy
23-05-2010, 01:39 AM

Guns - Cooney: Explosive, exciting, enjoyable.
Lake: A lot of 'nothing' possies, but still rock-solid
Hall: for slotting a few, giving off a few, and for NOT belting the intestines out of Thompson.

Money: Griff's left footer in the first quarter.

Agree with all of the above, honestly :D

AndrewP6
23-05-2010, 02:01 AM
Agree with all of the above, honestly :D

Great minds, and all that... :)

LostDoggy
23-05-2010, 02:07 AM
Great minds, and all that... :)

Must be the name Andrew, legendary... :cool:

GVGjr
23-05-2010, 09:23 AM

Unless we stick to the script of what a spoiler is in this thread each week it's just too easy to point the finger at the umpires.

comrade
23-05-2010, 09:52 AM
Unless we stick to the script of what a spoiler is in this thread each week it's just too easy to point the finger at the umpires.

In this instance, it's justified.

Dazza
23-05-2010, 01:59 PM
Spoilers - Eagleton, first half of last quarter
Guns - Cooney, Lake, Boyd
Money - Josh Hill booting 4 goals and especially that difficult snap he slotted through

AndrewP6
23-05-2010, 02:01 PM

I'm sticking by my post, but I'll amend...Shaggy wasn't as bad as previous games, but still doesn't seem right to me.

bornadog
23-05-2010, 02:50 PM
Spoilers - Hudson and Minson around the ground.

Guns - Cooney, Lake,

Money - The continual improvement in Williams

LostDoggy
23-05-2010, 03:19 PM
Spoilers - Eagleton..shouldn't be in the side ahead of kids if he's not playing decent footy.

Guns - Cooney, Lake, Barry's Elbow

Money - Scoreboard at the end of the day, nice one North :P

comrade
23-05-2010, 03:37 PM
Spoiler - Betfair odds.

Someone must have had a massive plunge on North at half time because they were only paying $3 at 3 qtr time, despite being down by 75 points.

bornadog
23-05-2010, 03:40 PM
Spoiler - Betfair odds.

Someone must have had a massive plunge on North at half time because they were only paying $3 at 3 qtr time, despite being down by 75 points.

That was strange.

LostDoggy
23-05-2010, 04:04 PM
Spoiler - Betfair odds.

They sure did. $5 pre-game, $1.34 I think it was at Qtr time, $1.74 at HT..

Just wasted a lot of money on those $5 odds ;)

AndrewP6
23-05-2010, 05:13 PM
Spoiler - Betfair odds.

What was with that? I have almost zero knowledge of the vagaries of the betting caper, but it was $3 at half time, then $3 at 3 quarter time!

LostDoggy
23-05-2010, 05:21 PM
What was with that? I have almost zero knowledge of the vagaries of the betting caper, but it was $3 at half time, then $3 at 3 quarter time!

If some big head honcho puts huge money on nice odds the result = bad odds for everyone else.

Scorlibo
23-05-2010, 10:32 PM
Spoilers -
1) North's poor kicking, I would have much preferred them to have kicked straight and made a game of it because I believe we would have won by a big margin regardless. Instead our performance is reduced by all the media 'ifs' and 'maybes' associated with poor goal kicking.

2) Brad Scott and his team of moron thugs. Brad Scott's press conference after the game was disgraceful, if he shows the same sort of mindless pride in all of his future coaching ventures, he won't get far.

Guns -
Cooney, back to his best.
Griffen continues his great form.
Boyd had a good one.
Lake wasn't as good as his stats show, but still very good. His stats do show how he is revolutionising the role and expectation of a modern full back for the better.

Money -
Cooney's break from the centre, shrug and run was awesome to watch. Pity he couldn't find a target, but the run was enough to make me salivate.

boydogs
24-05-2010, 02:01 AM
Spoiler - Possible suspension to Barry Hall
Guns - Cooney, explosive in the midfield. Lake and Hargrave, mopping up well in defense
Money - Griff's left foot snap from 40

Ozza
24-05-2010, 10:20 AM
Spoiler - North's supposed 'hard men' Firrito, Thompson & Pratt going after Baz. Perhaps they, as a side, could put their head over the ball and grab it cleanly for once and maybe they wouldn't have been flogged.

Gun - Cooney. He was right at the top of his game. Awesome.

Money - Cooney thumping home a set shot from 50. Even in the pre-season he wasn't doing that. He looks completely fit and healthy, the explosiveness is back and the distance is back in his kicking

hujsh
24-05-2010, 07:33 PM
Spoiler - Betfair odds.

Started at $5 before the game too.

AndrewP6
24-05-2010, 07:39 PM
Spoiler - Possible suspension to Barry Hall
Guns - Cooney, explosive in the midfield. Lake and Hargrave, mopping up well in defense
Money - Griff's left foot snap from 40

Time to amend your Spoiler! Yippee!

boydogs
26-05-2010, 12:27 AM
Time to amend your Spoiler! Yippee!

Thanks AP6 - happy to :)

Spoiler - slow start - only North's kicking saved us from playing catchup

LostDoggy
26-05-2010, 10:32 AM
If some big head honcho puts huge money on nice odds the result = bad odds for everyone else.

I'd guess somebody decided that the Barry Hall vs Thompson incident just before half time had the potential to turn the game, and that the odds on offer were good enough for a plunge. Glad they lost their cash, frankly…

In this instance, it's justified.

Absolutely. Even the umpires apologised, so they obviously agree too.