PDA

View Full Version : Brad Johnson and Television

ledge
23-05-2010, 11:59 AM
Just watched Johnno on telly and my god what a natural.

Darcy isnt too bad now but at the start showed a bit of nervousness.
Smithy at times is embarrasing and still doesnt look comfortable

Johnno just so relaxed and comfortable in front of a camera, if tv stations arent lining up to sign him after footy they are lacking in knowledge of tv naturals.

EasternWest
23-05-2010, 01:22 PM

Johnno just so relaxed and comfortable in front of a camera, if tv stations arent lining up to sign him after footy they are lacking in knowledge of tv naturals.

I'd imagine that's the very reason he's getting a lot of airplay.

And I agree with you. I think Darcy is very good, but Bubba sputters and stumbles a bit.

The Pie Man
23-05-2010, 02:15 PM
I'd imagine that's the very reason he's getting a lot of airplay.

And I agree with you. I think Darcy is very good, but Bubba sputters and stumbles a bit.

Darcy seems to have fitted in with the Triple M Friday night crew very well - what's with calling the 'The Duke'? Was it a nickname from his playing days?

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
24-05-2010, 07:10 PM

Disagree with Darcy. He has always been an astute and comfortable commentator, and a welcome breath of fresh air to the majority of others. I think Darcy and Tom Harley are the best commentators going round.

Smithy makes me cringe....
Johnno goes alright in front of the camera too... but I still remember that kids' show Matty "Yeah Nah" Lloyd and him used to host on the defunct Footy Channel.. that was excruciating TV that show....

azabob
24-05-2010, 07:18 PM

Would imagine Channel 7 already have him as I think all of his apperances are with channel 7. Plus the "mums" watching would love him.

Murphy'sLore
24-05-2010, 07:31 PM
Plus the "mums" watching would love him.

I know I do!;)

Bumper Bulldogs
24-05-2010, 10:44 PM

Unbelievable I said this to my wife on Friday night and she reakons I'm one eyed.

He was good as the doesn't just stand their and look like a stay bottle. I thought he a Tom worked well and should both be signed up by Swisse vitamins.

BulldogBelle
24-05-2010, 11:43 PM
You'll smile better on Swisse.

BulldogBelle
25-05-2010, 07:19 AM
l did hear yesterday that he will be going into TV. Not sure if it is a done deal but it is happening.

LostDoggy
25-05-2010, 08:53 AM
I don't mind either Johnno or Darc' commentating, but I have to agree with the comments on Bubba. He, unfortunately (and I'm a big Bubba fan) doesn't quite have the polish with respect to speaking that the other two have. (I still miss him tho :o)