PDA

View Full Version : Eagleton vs Tyson Edwards

Throughandthrough
27-05-2010, 09:54 PM
Both recruited from West Adelaide in the SANFL

Both are bald.

Both have played AFL for many, many years.

Both are highly skilled "outside" type players, who may have lost a yard....

Both have been dropped this week.

Tyson Edwards has spat the chewy and retired on the spot.

I hope Eagle busts his butt and makes it back to the big show, and gets to taste the ultimate Victory at the end of the season...

Born & Bred
27-05-2010, 10:20 PM
I think you are selling Tyson Edwards short. Eagleton has been good for the us but received a lot of easy games in his career. I don't think you could say the same about Edwards.

Throughandthrough
27-05-2010, 10:28 PM
I think you are selling Tyson Edwards short. Eagleton has been good for the us but received a lot of easy games in his career. I don't think you could say the same about Edwards.

I disagree vigorously

No one has played "a lot of easy games" in a career.

LostDoggy
28-05-2010, 12:47 AM
Not quite sure what you mean by easy game...

KT31
28-05-2010, 12:58 AM
I hope Eagle busts his butt and makes it back to the big show, and gets to taste the ultimate Victory at the end of the season...

Not sure if the Eagle is any good at baseball.:D

LostDoggy
28-05-2010, 10:49 AM
Chris McDermott was on SEN this morning saying that the "reaction" by Edwards may not be out of character. He's a bit of an introvert, and if he doesn't like you, then there's no attempt at associating with you. He and McLeod don't like each other.

May be a press conference today to back flip the sudden retirement and go out somewhat more quietly with at least a farewell game.

Go_Dogs
28-05-2010, 11:00 AM
I've always rated Tyson as a sniper, seen him niggle and throw discrete punches many times. Still, a handy player over the journey. Something is not quite right down at Crow land though...bit of a sad and sorry way for one of the clubs champions to go out.

KOTC
28-05-2010, 11:44 AM
I suppose the main difference is that Eages is in a team with premiership aspirations. What more does Edwards have to play for this year? He probably got a bit of a push and was happy to jump, because even if he works his way back through the SANFL, what does it all mean in the end? Eages can work his way back through Willy with a very specific goal in mind.

Mofra
28-05-2010, 12:29 PM
I've always rated Tyson as a sniper, seen him niggle and throw discrete punches many times. Still, a handy player over the journey. Something is not quite right down at Crow land though...bit of a sad and sorry way for one of the clubs champions to go out.
They have a problem that in military terms would be knwon as "block obselecence", with alot of players retiring in close proximity. They have tried to stagger it but it will be hard to undergo a rebuild during the next few years - unless you have a few gun father/son picks coming through :)

The Pie Man
28-05-2010, 12:38 PM
Chris McDermott was on SEN this morning saying that the "reaction" by Edwards may not be out of character. He's a bit of an introvert, and if he doesn't like you, then there's no attempt at associating with you. He and McLeod don't like each other.May be a press conference today to back flip the sudden retirement and go out somewhat more quietly with at least a farewell game.

That's one of the messier, more intriguing footy feuds to me.

chef
28-05-2010, 05:47 PM
That's one of the messier, more intriguing footy feuds to me.

Yep and they used to be best mates before there missuses had a falling out.

LostDoggy
28-05-2010, 05:51 PM
Yep and they used to be best mates before there missuses had a falling out.

Hey, didn't Lleyton get caught up in all of that?

chef
28-05-2010, 05:53 PM
Hey, didn't Lleyton get caught up in all of that?

Yeah, Lleyton was Mcleods next 'best friend'. But then that went south after they made a doco together and had a falling out about something in it. Andrew has a bit of history with losing best mates.