PDA

View Full Version : Woof Americans?

ReLoad
04-06-2010, 03:01 AM
Do we have any American Woofers?

Im in the states for about a month and wondering if we have any others over here too, im wondering how on earth USA supporters get aussie rules coverage.

Looks like afl.com.au is the only way to go?

Also for the record, my ben hudson appreciation society scarf is on tour as well. :)

Chicago1
04-06-2010, 03:51 AM
Howdy!

ESPN3 shows three matches per weekend live online, usually the Friday evening match and one on Saturday and one on Sunday. (You have to have certain service providers to get it.) ESPN2 will be showing another two matches live on TV this season, though I'm not sure which ones and when. They showed the Carlton vs Hawthorn match two weeks ago. They are scheduled to show the Grand Final live this year, I believe. MHz Worldwide shows a match every Monday evening at 9pm EDT which is delayed a week. Monday's match is Round 10 St Kilda vs Adelaide.

Of course, there used to be a few links to watch matches online live, but the AFL seems to have shut them down. Others might have more news about that.

I found it amusing that I was sitting in my living room in Chicago watching the Carlton vs Hawthorn match live two weeks ago while those in Queensland and Western Australia couldn't.

ReLoad
04-06-2010, 09:05 AM
ok, cool, ill be limited of course by what access i can get in hotels, but its a good start! i am travelling with a carlton supporter but we cant always get everythign 100% right :)

Sockeye Salmon
04-06-2010, 10:16 AM
Howdy!

ESPN3 shows three matches per weekend live online, usually the Friday evening match and one on Saturday and one on Sunday. (You have to have certain service providers to get it.) ESPN2 will be showing another two matches live on TV this season, though I'm not sure which ones and when. They showed the Carlton vs Hawthorn match two weeks ago. They are scheduled to show the Grand Final live this year, I believe. MHz Worldwide shows a match every Monday evening at 9pm EDT which is delayed a week. Monday's match is Round 10 St Kilda vs Adelaide.

Of course, there used to be a few links to watch matches online live, but the AFL seems to have shut them down. Others might have more news about that.

I found it amusing that I was sitting in my living room in Chicago watching the Carlton vs Hawthorn match live two weeks ago while those in Queensland and Western Australia couldn't.

Didn't Sentanta Sports show all games online for free if you were outside of Australia? I'm pretty sure they went under a few months back, though.

I will be in Portugal for the West Coast game and I'm most concerned about what I'll be able to do.

ledge
04-06-2010, 10:46 AM
Didn't Sentanta Sports show all games online for free if you were outside of Australia? I'm pretty sure they went under a few months back, though.

I will be in Portugal for the West Coast game and I'm most concerned about what I'll be able to do.

I have foxtel and setanta sports still comes up but I dont pay for it, so I think its still around.

BulldogBelle
04-06-2010, 07:18 PM
Do we have any American Woofers?

Im in the states for about a month and wondering if we have any others over here too, im wondering how on earth USA supporters get aussie rules coverage.

Looks like afl.com.au is the only way to go?

Also for the record, my ben hudson appreciation society scarf is on tour as well. :)

Make sure you get some photo's with the scarf!

Topdog
05-06-2010, 08:41 AM
I have foxtel and setanta sports still comes up but I dont pay for it, so I think its still around.

It's still in Australia but it ceased operations in the US and the UK in the past 12 months.

ReLoad
25-06-2010, 01:14 PM
Just wanted to say thanks to Jim (Chicago1) who we met up with in Chicago a couple of weeks back and went to a Cubs baseball game with, a heck of a nice guy and a true bulldogs supporter!

His Cubs baseball top was covered in bulldogs pins!
We brought good luck to both the bulldogs and the cubs as since we have been out of Australia the dogs havent lost, and the cubs won the night we went to the ball game!

but back home now, so watch out for a shocker against the hawks, lol.

LostDoggy
25-06-2010, 01:30 PM
Just wanted to say thanks to Jim (Chicago1) who we met up with in Chicago a couple of weeks back and went to a Cubs baseball game with, a heck of a nice guy and a true bulldogs supporter!

His Cubs baseball top was covered in bulldogs pins!
We brought good luck to both the bulldogs and the cubs as since we have been out of Australia the dogs havent lost, and the cubs won the night we went to the ball game!

but back home now, so watch out for a shocker against the hawks, lol.

Gotta agree with there. Met Jim at Bulldog Central when he was over here earlier this year. Chatted for ages about all sorts of things. :)

Chicago1
25-06-2010, 01:48 PM
I had a fantastic night at Wrigley with Reload and his family. They even shouted me my ticket and it was in one of the best spots at the ground! I always sit in the cheap seats so it was a real treat for me. I wasn't even offended when they wouldn't let me shout them an American beer. Can I blame them??? NO! :D I was glad that the Cubbies won for them so they could be there for the victory song -" Go, Cubs, go"!

If anyone else plans on visiting Chicago, let me know. ReLoad was the second Bulldogs supporter I had the pleasure of watching a Cubs game with. A BF Doggies fan was over a few years ago and we saw the Cubs play the Phillies at Wrigley. Unfortunately the Cubs lost that game so he couldn't experience the excitement of the end of a Cubs win at Wrigley Field.

And DaDruid, it was great meeting you too, especially since I see you on my computer or TV screen whenever a Bulldogs game is shown.

I've been reading about the cold weather in Melbourne and just wanted you to know it's been averaging about 28-33 degrees the past week or so here! C'mon on over!

The airfares have gone down dramatically for Finals weeks(at least for the moment). I'm still hoping to be there in September. Maybe the new Prime Minister can pull a few strings with United or QANTAS... ;)

LostDoggy
25-06-2010, 02:45 PM
I had a fantastic night at Wrigley with Reload and his family. They even shouted me my ticket and it was in one of the best spots at the ground! I always sit in the cheap seats so it was a real treat for me. I wasn't even offended when they wouldn't let me shout them an American beer. Can I blame them??? NO! :D I was glad that the Cubbies won for them so they could be there for the victory song -" Go, Cubs, go"!

If anyone else plans on visiting Chicago, let me know. ReLoad was the second Bulldogs supporter I had the pleasure of watching a Cubs game with. A BF Doggies fan was over a few years ago and we saw the Cubs play the Phillies at Wrigley. Unfortunately the Cubs lost that game so he couldn't experience the excitement of the end of a Cubs win at Wrigley Field.

And DaDruid, it was great meeting you too, especially since I see you on my computer or TV screen whenever a Bulldogs game is shown.

I've been reading about the cold weather in Melbourne and just wanted you to know it's been averaging about 28-33 degrees the past week or so here! C'mon on over!

The airfares have gone down dramatically for Finals weeks(at least for the moment). I'm still hoping to be there in September. Maybe the new Prime Minister can pull a few strings with United or QANTAS... ;)

Maybe she could put you in the daily diplomatic bag? ;)

Chicago1
25-06-2010, 02:49 PM
Maybe she could put you in the daily diplomatic bag? ;)

Hey, you've seen my size. It would have to be an awfully big bag to fit me in!

Remi Moses
25-06-2010, 07:13 PM
You Should all venture off to citi field to watch the Mets :)