PDA

View Full Version : Spoilers, Guns and Money - R11

GVGjr
06-06-2010, 06:59 PM
Give us your thoughts

Spoilers = A (One) player that did not quite measure up to expectations and the reasons why?
Guns = 3 players that stood out on the night and the reasons why?
Money = Someone who's skills stood out in the game? This can be one particular passage of play.

LostDoggy
06-06-2010, 08:22 PM
Spoilers - Stack. Repeatedly pulled out of contests, and made VFL-type errors

Guns - Hall, Boyd, Lake. Hall didn't do much, but he still kicks the 4-5 goals a game, Boyd hard in and under, and Lake, not just our best backman, he's also our best forward!!!

Money - Grant. That goal in the last quarter was sensational!!

boydogs
06-06-2010, 08:54 PM
Spoiler - Picken unable to stop Didak
Guns - Boyd, Cooney & Cross good in the middle
Money - Lake delivering to Hall up forward

AndrewP6
06-06-2010, 10:13 PM
Spoiler - Harbrow not getting within a country mile of Davis. Or Stack looking every bit the VFL player for most of the afternoon.

Guns - Hall: when no one else stands up, he does whatever he can. Lake: a real blight on our forward line is that our best backman often looks like our best forward. Cooney: his run and carry is good.

Money: Lake's contested marks in the forward line.

Mofra
06-06-2010, 10:20 PM
Spoiler - Stack. Worst game from a Bulldog player I've seen in some time.

Guns:
Cross in the second half, ticker means alot
Hall - We would be in serious trouble without him
Cooney - Our most important midfielder by a massive margin

Money:
Grant. The kid just has it.

LostDoggy
07-06-2010, 01:46 AM
SPOILER: Brennan Stack, some very soft efforts, some lazy disposal and all round horrible game.

GUNS: Boyd, hard at it, so strong in tight and busted his arse!
Grant, gets better each week...serious talent
Lake, just a star player...have they figured out how to clone humans yet?

MONEY: Lake's strong lead up grab just outside 50, wheels around a lands a beautiful pass to Hall at the top of the goalsquare, looked the perfect CHF/FF combination

becmatty
07-06-2010, 06:38 AM
Spoiler: This is shared between two players. Stack - he has the owch-factor. Hahn - never have I seen a bloke who has the nickname 'the raging bull' look like grazing dairy cow, as I did today.

Guns: Boyd - just has the desire to win every contest like his life depends on it. Lake - Forward or back, he is a menace to opposition and a reliable impassable force. Cooney - When he gets a run on, he is a sight to behold.

Money: Grant - his accelleration in the final term was like the stawell gift winner racing toddlers. LOVED IT.

LostDoggy
07-06-2010, 06:44 AM
SPOILER:

The match committee. Eagleton's undeserved return was not awe inspiring; Addison, Hahn and Gia are in awful form but keep getting a gig; Everett would certainly have helped and Wood deserved a shot too.

GUNS:

Grant - Best Bulldog story of the year to date by a country mile.
Lake - When he has nothing to do, I'll take contested marks in the forward line over 41 possession games each and every time.
Cooney - Hard to praise a midfielder after the centre square debacles in the third quarter, but it's hard not to like Adam.

MONEY:

The Mai Tai.

30ml white rum. 30ml dark rum. 15ml Cointreau. 15ml amaretto. 15ml lemon juice. 90ml pineapple juice. 90ml orange juice. 15ml sugar syrup, dash of grenadine.

Half fill a big glass with ice, add all the good stuff and stir. Trust me, it's magnificent and 100% hangover proof. I've been drinking them non stop for the past four hours whilst surfing the internet (best morning ever!) because my girlfriend said I was too drunk to go to bed and I've got the next two weeks off work.

It's the money alright. Way better than Grant's running goal. I'm barely upset about the loss now at all.

Ghost Dog
07-06-2010, 08:19 AM
Spoilers: Collingwoods midfield.
Guns: Bulldogs fans! By about Wednesday next week it will be forgotten, don't worry guys.
Money: What I paid for my membership. Somebody pleases listen to us and shake up the team.

Ozza
07-06-2010, 10:27 AM
Spoilers: The Collingwood supoporters that I sat near who don't go to the footy to enjoy their team playing fantastic football - they would rather abuse the umpire and pick (verbal) fights with opposition supporters. (Oh and from a Bulldogs perspective - Eagle, Addison and Hahn shouldn't play AFL footy anymore).

Guns: Cooney is a gun.

Money: Jarrad Grant's goal was clearly the highlight. But I also enjoyed Dale Morris' efforts to spoil and ability to get his body in the right spot to at least halve the contest at minimum. If they picked the Bulldogs Team of the Century again he should be in it.

Mantis
07-06-2010, 10:33 AM
Spoilers: The Collingwood supoporters that I sat near who don't go to the footy to enjoy their team playing fantastic football - they would rather abuse the umpire and pick (verbal) fights with opposition supporters. (Oh and from a Bulldogs perspective - Eagle, Addison and Hahn shouldn't play AFL footy anymore).

I got in trouble for yelling at the footy.... Yep yelling... Didn't know there was a law against raising your voice.

I called Boyd a dickhead when his kick was smothered in the 2nd qtr (which resulted in a Collingwood goal) and a Pies fan asked me if there was a need to yell.

Ozza
07-06-2010, 10:40 AM
I got in trouble for yelling at the footy.... Yep yelling... Didn't know there was a law against raising your voice.

I called Boyd a dickhead when his kick was smothered in the 2nd qtr (which resulted in a Collingwood goal) and a Pies fan asked me if there was a need to yell.

I've always heard about how bad Collingwood supporters are, but for me - at Collingwood games I've either been in Bulldogs reserved seating or in the MCC. But sitting amongst the knuckleheads yesterday...I could not believe how bad they were.

It must be so hard to barrack for Collingwood - they get murdered by the umpires every week!

LostDoggy
07-06-2010, 11:14 AM
Spoilers = Harbrow. I know Stack, Addison etc. were probably worse, but I kind of expect it from them in pressure games. Harbrow got creamed by Davis, was absolutely led a merry dance until the game was over and he did a couple of consolation good things. Well congratulations :rolleyes: He was horrible. Oh, and his kicking is attrocious, but that's been seen before.

Guns = Hmm, hard to pick. I'd have to say Boyd, Lake and Grant.
Boyd did some really great things amongst traffic, eg. spinning out of tackles. He was good.
Lake was taking some nice marks, he has a pretty atrange run up at goal (looks like he's playing on, one day they'll pay it probably), but he did his job well. 2 of him would be handy.
Grant is one of our only improving players of 2010, he's really showing good signs. Class.

Money = Grant's goal in the last quarter is the obvious one, but I thought Hall took a lot of really nice marks as well- anybody outmarking Maxwell and making him hit himself in frustration is good in my book.

LostDoggy
07-06-2010, 11:24 AM

We got in trouble for waving the floggers......pfft we arnt going to stop waving them jsut for that lady who doesnt really go to the footy.....pfft we wouldnt stop waving them for anyone....... If they dont like it, they can move elsewhere.....

Remi Moses
07-06-2010, 11:38 AM
That' s awful . I don't attend often these days is just so sterile and the fun police nanny state mentality.Fancy having in a phone line where you can "dob" on fans!! Extraordinary to think if you don't like a fan you can get them in strife

Ozza
07-06-2010, 11:47 AM
That' s awful . I don't attend often these days is just so sterile and the fun police nanny state mentality.Fancy having in a phone line where you can "dob" on fans!! Extraordinary to think if you don't like a fan you can get them in strife

Does that mean I can dob on the thousands of supporters that mindlessly yell "Ball" every time a tackle is laid? - and even sometimes if it looks like a tackle will be laid? !!

bornadog
07-06-2010, 12:53 PM
Spoilers - Harbrow - Very disappointed with his kicking and his effort against Davis. Virtually cost us the game.

Guns - Brian Lake back or forward he is a gun.

Money - two great goals, one from Grant and and the other from Stack, both taking the Collingwood defense on backing themselves in.

bulldogsman
07-06-2010, 02:30 PM

Nothing wrong with yelling, but there's no need to swear.

Mantis
07-06-2010, 02:56 PM
Nothing wrong with yelling, but there's no need to swear.

Yeah I have such a potty mouth.

Is dickhead even a swear word? Considering 'shit' is popping up in articles now (Rohan Connolly & Barry Hall both used this word in recent pieces) I wouldn't have thought so.

Bulldog Revolution
07-06-2010, 03:07 PM

Is dickhead even a swear word? Considering 'shit' is popping up in articles now (Rohan Connolly & Barry Hall both used this word in recent pieces) I wouldn't have thought so.

I suspect it is when you have to explain it to one of your kids at the footy

Not arguing the content of what you were trying to convey though

Throughandthrough
07-06-2010, 03:34 PM
Spoiler: Whoever decided that Hahn may be able to play as a defender.

second spoiler: Whoever decided to leave him there.

Third spoiler: whoever put the banana skins under Hahn's boots so that he kept falling over in defence when ever under any sort of pressure.

I'm normally a big Hahn fan but that was just crap.

Greystache
07-06-2010, 03:34 PM
Spoiler- Higgins, season is going from bad to worse for him. His disposal is horrendous, his decision making at times beggars belief, and now will miss 2-6 weeks when he needs to be at Williamstown finding form.

Guns- not easy, you don't get praise from me for finally showing up in the last quarter when the game is already lost (Cross & Boyd). Cooney, 4 quarter effort. Lake, gave us something up forward when we looked lost. Minson, best game of the season and even showed a bit up forward.

Money- Grant's goal, shining light on a dull day.

jazzadogs
07-06-2010, 03:36 PM
Spoiler - Dane Swan's goal at the start of the final quarter. How could we not have anyone standing goalside of a boundary throw-in 5m from goal?? Pathetic

Guns -
Hall: kicked 4 goals, took all the chances that presented to him.
Cross: attack on the ball in the final quarter was outstanding.
Cooney: electrifying in patches. Like the rest of the side, needs to produce over 4 quarters.

Money - nothing better in this game than Grant's goal. Delicious.

bulldogsman
07-06-2010, 03:38 PM

Yes it is. If it's not a swear word then why aren't players/coaches saying it in interviews and what not (except for the footy show). A West Coast player even got fined for swearing in an interview after the match. It's a family environment and kids especially don't need to hear that kind of language.

Mantis
07-06-2010, 03:51 PM
Yes it is. If it's not a swear word then why aren't players/coaches saying it in interviews and what not (except for the footy show). A West Coast player even got fined for swearing in an interview after the match. It's a family environment and kids especially don't need to hear that kind of language.

Fair point.

Anyway he told me off for yelling and not swearing... and the swearing couldn't have been an issue as he dropped more than a few 'F' bombs later on... I did too, but they were hidden under my breath.

bulldogsman
07-06-2010, 04:30 PM
Fair point.

Anyway he told me off for yelling and not swearing... and the swearing couldn't have been an issue as he dropped more than a few 'F' bombs later on... I did too, but they were hidden under my breath.

Well what an idiot then ;)

LostDoggy
07-06-2010, 05:06 PM
Spoiler - Hahn - fell over, fumbled, slow
Gun - Grant for his attack on the footy
Money - Grant for backing himself and kicking the goal