PDA

View Full Version : Match Review Panel

aker39
07-06-2010, 05:11 PM
Grant got 1 week, Huddo has no case to answer

Hayes, Enright, Fevola & Pods all got reprimands.

Sandilands & Waite - no case to answer

Bateman - 1 week

LostDoggy
07-06-2010, 05:12 PM
Sandi?

If Waite, Hille et al don't have anything to answer than Sandi would be stiff if he did. Bloody giant, he would knee me in the head if we were both in a marking contest, and I would be the one jumping!

LostDoggy
07-06-2010, 05:14 PM
Sandi?

If Waite, Hille et al don't have anything to answer than Sandi would be stiff.

Got off. No case to answer. Was judged to have made a legitimate attempt.

LostDoggy
07-06-2010, 05:15 PM
Got off. No case to answer. Was judged to have made a legitimate attempt.

Good one. Thanks! :)

aker39
07-06-2010, 05:18 PM
Jarrad Grant, Western Bulldogs, has been charged with a Level Three striking offence against Ben Reid, Collingwood, during the fourth quarter of the Round 11 match between the Western Bulldogs and Collingwood, played at Etihad Stadium on Sunday June 6, 2010.

In summary, he can accept a one-match sanction with an early plea.

The incident was assessed as intentional conduct (three points), low impact (one point) and high contact (two points). This is a total of six activation points, resulting in a classification of a Level Three offence, drawing 225 demerit points and a two-match sanction. He has no existing good or bad record. An early plea reduces the sanction by 25 per cent to 168.75 points and a one-match sanction.

LostDoggy
07-06-2010, 05:19 PM
Jarrad Grant, Western Bulldogs, has been charged with a Level Three striking offence against Ben Reid, Collingwood, during the fourth quarter of the Round 11 match between the Western Bulldogs and Collingwood, played at Etihad Stadium on Sunday June 6, 2010.

The incident was assessed as intentional conduct (three points), low impact (one point) and high contact (two points). This is a total of six activation points, resulting in a classification of a Level Three offence, drawing 225 demerit points and a two-match sanction. He has no existing good or bad record. An early plea reduces the sanction by 25 per cent to 168.75 points and a one-match sanction.

Hahn will probably survive the axe because of this suspension.

aker39
07-06-2010, 05:21 PM
Hayes still eligible for the Brownlow as his charge only was worth 80 points, even before his guilty plea.

bornadog
07-06-2010, 05:43 PM

Any chance he will appeal? I haven't seen a replay of the incident.

chef
07-06-2010, 05:47 PM
Any chance he will appeal? I haven't seen a replay of the incident.

I wouldn't think so, it wasn't accidental and Reid was taken out of the play for a little while.

Mantis
07-06-2010, 05:52 PM
Hahn will probably survive the axe because of this suspension.

I'm happy to go in one short if it means Hahn doesn't play. :D

LostDoggy
07-06-2010, 05:56 PM
If i was a Sydney fan i would be pretty annoyed!

Mumford got 3 weeks for lifting Ablett up in a tackle and throwing him to the ground. Although it seemed a tad more fierce than Hudsons tackle on Ball, i found this quite interesting..'no other injury was sustained by Ball, according to a medical report. It was therefore deemed that the tackle was not made with excessive force. No further action was taken.'

I'm pretty sure Ablett got straight up and kept playing with no discomfort? He was B.O.G that game if i remember correctly..

But i'm happy Huddo got off, he's in ripping form!

Doc26
07-06-2010, 06:01 PM

There goes any late chance for a Rising Star ;)

aker39
07-06-2010, 06:03 PM
There goes any late chance for a Rising Star ;)

He can still be nominated, but can't win it.

aker39
07-06-2010, 06:05 PM
I'm pretty sure Ablett got straight up and kept playing with no discomfort? He was B.O.G that game if i remember correctly..

I was at the Geelong v Sydney game, and the incident happened quite close to where I was sitting.

Mumford actually slammed Ablett's head in to the ground. Yes it was part of the tackle, but he slammed his head in to the ground. Ablett was shacken by it.

Huddo actually just pulled back at the last minute from slamming Ball in to the ground, and Balls head did not even hit the ground.

choconmientay
07-06-2010, 06:16 PM
I'm happy to go in one short if it means Hahn doesn't play. :D

You mean 2 short because Eagle will have a run at Willi too. :D

Flamethrower
07-06-2010, 08:51 PM
If i was a Sydney fan i would be pretty annoyed!

Mumford got 3 weeks for lifting Ablett up in a tackle and throwing him to the ground. Although it seemed a tad more fierce than Hudsons tackle on Ball, i found this quite interesting..'no other injury was sustained by Ball, according to a medical report. It was therefore deemed that the tackle was not made with excessive force. No further action was taken.'

But i'm happy Huddo got off, he's in ripping form!

Ablett was clearly hurt by the Mumford tackle. He had mild concussion, blurred vision and a severe headache the rest of the game and into the next day as well (source - Geelong medical staff). That is why Mumford copped a suspension.

Sockeye Salmon
07-06-2010, 11:36 PM

Absolutely they should take this to the tribunal.

Fight the intentional and plead guilty to reckless. Grant went to forcefully push Reid in the chest, Reid slipped and bent at the knees which meant he was hit in the throat rather than the chest.

Reckless would mean 125 pts less 25% for the guilty plea = 93 pts and a reprimand.

mjp
08-06-2010, 12:18 AM
Absolutely they should take this to the tribunal.

Fight the intentional and plead guilty to reckless.

That is the only chance. The vision does not look good though.

Sockeye Salmon
08-06-2010, 01:02 AM
That is the only chance. The vision does not look good though.

Reid does buckle at the knees before he gets hit. I think we could easily fight intentional because I have no doubt Grant meant to hit him in the chest.

Mofra
08-06-2010, 12:25 PM
Reckless would mean 125 pts less 25% for the guilty plea = 93 pts and a reprimand.
That would be ideal - does he get the 25% reduction for a guilty plea or just an early plea?

aker39
08-06-2010, 12:30 PM
That would be ideal - does he get the 25% reduction for a guilty plea or just an early plea?

He can go to the tribunal and plead guilty to reckless and still get 25% reduction.

aker39
08-06-2010, 12:59 PM
Grant is taking it to the tribunal. (As is Bateman)

Sockeye Salmon
08-06-2010, 01:35 PM
Grant is taking it to the tribunal. (As is Bateman)

Bateman has got to be kidding!!!

Dropped his knees into the guys back, he deserves (and might get) 2-3. He should have taken the 1, said thank you and run away before they changed their mind.

lemmon
08-06-2010, 01:39 PM
Bateman has got to be kidding!!!

Dropped his knees into the guys back, he deserves (and might get) 2-3. He should have taken the 1, said thank you and run away before they changed their mind.

Just announced on Triple M he accepted the one match ban

aker39
08-06-2010, 01:52 PM
Just announced on Triple M he accepted the one match ban

SEN originally said that he was challenging it, but are now saying that he has accepted it.

EasternWest
08-06-2010, 01:57 PM
SEN originally said that he was challenging it, but are now saying that he has accepted it.

Must be the right thing. He's lucky to only walk away with 1 after that low act. I rate Bateman, but the knee plunge is crap.

LostDoggy
08-06-2010, 02:48 PM
Must be the right thing. He's lucky to only walk away with 1 after that low act. I rate Bateman, but the knee plunge is crap.

I don't. Hawthorn are all cheating, lying thugs, and their coach is the chief culprit.

EasternWest
08-06-2010, 03:04 PM
I don't. Hawthorn are all cheating, lying thugs, and their coach is the chief culprit.

Wow, sounds objective :).

Actually, I should say that I rate Bateman as a player. As a guy I can't comment, but I love to watch his gut running.

mighty_west
08-06-2010, 03:10 PM
Wow, sounds objective :).

Actually, I should say that I rate Bateman as a player. As a guy I can't comment, but I love to watch his gut running.

Sam Mitchell last night on One Week At A Time said he asked Chance about the report, and he was 100% positive that it was just an accident, having watched the footage, it looked as far from an accidental knee as possible.

EasternWest
08-06-2010, 03:51 PM
Sam Mitchell last night on One Week At A Time said he asked Chance about the report, and he was 100% positive that it was just an accident, having watched the footage, it looked as far from an accidental knee as possible.

Agreed, he planned that sucker from a mile off.

Sockeye Salmon
08-06-2010, 03:54 PM

My old man has still not forgiven them for '61.

lemmon
08-06-2010, 07:16 PM
Grant is available this week after having the high contact downgraded to mid-level and with the early plea he is under 100 points. Great news

craigsahibee
08-06-2010, 09:51 PM

Never a truer word been said.